Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not sure. But Chubb will be back by then. So no other rb matters. 

Eh, I hope so but we'll see. I know he can return by that point, but I'm not sure he necessarily will. Even if he does, I'm sure he'll be on a pitch count and we have no idea how good he'll be after that injury.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Probably the most exciting 5 yard pass you'll ever see lol.

But I think Watson actually played pretty well overall. Lots of bad drops, bad protection once Jacksonville realized we're struggling in pass protection and decided to get aggressive, and just a ton of penalties forcing us into bad situations. Not saying Watson played great but if we had good protection, less penalties and receivers actually caught the ball... he played well enough where we should have won by multiple scores.

Yeah he didn’t play BAD, but just sorta pedestrian.  

For what we’ve invested we simply need more from him.  Efforts like today and we’ll win a lot of games against bad teams. Good teams will require us to score more than one TD.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For what we’ve invested we simply need more from him.  Efforts like today and we’ll win a lot of games against bad teams. Good teams will require us to score more than one TD.

This is how I felt before the season started.

Defense + special teams will help us beat bad teams. If Chubb is normal, we can consistently beat average teams.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure. Although I'm not sure Jacksonville is a bad team... likely just an okay team.

But like I said, it doesn't matter if Watson is playing like a stud if receivers are dropping easy passes, OL is getting abused, and we're getting penalized seemingly every other play. That's not a recipe for success.

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

For sure. Although I'm not sure Jacksonville is a bad team... likely just an okay team.

But like I said, it doesn't matter if Watson is playing like a stud if receivers are dropping easy passes, OL is getting abused, and we're getting penalized seemingly every other play. That's not a recipe for success.

Yeah it’s sloppy on that side of the ball all around.

Theyve got 3 weeks or so to work out the kinks and after that the rest of the schedule is pretty unforgiving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it’s sloppy on that side of the ball all around.

Theyve got 3 weeks or so to work out the kinks and after that the rest of the schedule is pretty unforgiving.

They NEED to win the next 3. That’d put them at 4 wins. I think we can definitely split the division. That’d put us at 7 wins. Broncos look horrible. There’s win 8.

Just beat bad teams and split your division, you’re at 8 wins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Week 2 overreaction playoff projection:

1. Kansas City

2. Buffalo

3. Houston

4. Pittsburgh 

5. Los Angeles

6. Miami

7. Cleveland or New York

Miami without Tua…? Eh I don’t think so.

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Week 2 overreaction playoff projection:

1. Kansas City

2. Buffalo

3. Houston

4. Pittsburgh 

5. Los Angeles

6. Miami

7. Cleveland or New York

We look like a team that's going to fight to break .500, not fight for a playoff spot