Browns General Discussion

candyman93

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You cannot convince me that there are benefits to these guys not getting reps in preseason. No unit has looked good this year (except special teams, but even Hopkins is missing kicks).

This year with installing a new scheme I agree. If you're a team that's been running the same scheme then I think it's less necessary.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You cannot convince me that there are benefits to these guys not getting reps in preseason. No unit has looked good this year (except special teams, but even Hopkins is missing kicks).

I think it’s a balancing act between reps to get things figured out vs minimizing wear and tear.

This year we just got boned on the injury front too.

6 hours ago, Brownies17 said:

Im sure its just because I am a Browns fan and dont pay close enough attention to other teams, but doesnt it seem like we always are on the short end of injuries?  Do we have the worst S&C coaches in the league?  I dont get it.  

Yeah we’ve got to have one of the worst in the league. Just look at our medical reports every week vs our opponents. The issue is Stefanski lets anyone with a sore hangnail sit out in practice. So when game time comes they’re not physically ready to get hit all game and fall apart. 

34 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah we’ve got to have one of the worst in the league. Just look at our medical reports every week vs our opponents. The issue is Stefanski lets anyone with a sore hangnail sit out in practice. So when game time comes they’re not physically ready to get hit all game and fall apart. 

Lmao now Stefanski is managing injuries eh?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I do think Stef needs to be put on blast for the preseason stuff. You can’t go from 0-100 like how he has the team going.

Ask Mcvay how his guys are feeling and he started this trend.

On 9/29/2024 at 10:05 PM, FGK said:

I'd go way beyond all of this. Watson violated so, so many of the guardrails that Berry/Podesta/Stef put in place years ago. And there have been in the know people saying it was a Truck Stop Jimmy move for years, even when they thought the Browns were at least getting a good QB even if also getting a terrible person. I don't know that we'll ever know for sure, but I'm totally convinced that this was an ownership overriding the FO move. Because the thing is, with Jimmy impulsivity, if Watson had looked this bad, for this long, and they didn't all know it was Jimmy's decision, he would've fired one or all of them by now.

pretty sure that Browns Guardrails, that you speak of, was made by Sashi Brown. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

pretty sure that Browns Guardrails, that you speak of, was made by Sashi Brown. 

I think that's where they originated, right, but Podesta was part of writing them too and Berry was a Sashi guy during his first stint with the team.

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We need to root for the titans to crash and burn 

We need Callahan back

Hope his son does some hue Jackson level of tank

Is this just coaching?  They didn’t look great last season when he was here.

Callahan is excellent, obviously, but there’s only so much wizardry a coach can do when you’ve got James Hudson starting at LT, a fat/injured Dawand playing RT, Ifedi and Bitonio ALSO getting reps at tackle, your pro bowl G on IR, Pocic and Bitonio banged up with Pocic missing snaps, the backup C on IR almost immediately this season, etc.

Most teams struggle to block well with their starters in there, we’re trotting out our 5th and 6th options at T lol.  

• Like 2