2018 Draft Eligible LB Thread.

Tugboat

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Anyone know anything about Memphis LB Genard Avery? His stats + Combine numbers are making him a guy I need to look into.

I know that he's a Chuck Smith guy. Chuck was talking him up a ton before the season then Memphis followed that up by playing him off the ball a lot. Probably a ST guy to start off but he could develop into a player. Has great size if he's going to stay off the ball, athletic enough to play on the edge, has the right guys around him to develop as a rusher as well. 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I don’t think it’s hard to project him as a WLB in the NFL and a long passing down rusher. He’s tailor made for today’s NFL. I think the only area he’d tangibly lack because of his hand is turnovers — namely interceptions. I think I could live with that.

Did you watch the LB drills today? He legit might have been the best at catching the ball today, the others were brutal.

Leighton Vander Esch pretty much locked his way into my top 5 overall players in this draft.  He tested like the freak athlete he plays like on tape.

Now if only there was a way he could drop to pick 28 for the Steelers to scoop up.  He would be the ideal replacement for Ryan Shazier.

28 minutes ago, VanS said:

Leighton Vander Esch pretty much locked his way into my top 5 overall players in this draft.  He tested like the freak athlete he plays like on tape.

Now if only there was a way he could drop to pick 28 for the Steelers to scoop up.  He would be the ideal replacement for Ryan Shazier.

I think he'll be there at 28

36 minutes ago, VanS said:

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he'll be there at 28

Anything is possible but there haven’t been 3 non EDGE LB’s taken Rd1 in a long time (if you say Riddick is not an EDGE then ok last year lol). If you think Roquan and Edmunds are ahead of him on most team boards gotta like his odds of being there.  

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Anything is possible but there haven’t been 3 non EDGE LB’s taken Rd1 in a long time. If you think Roquan and Edmunds are ahead of him on most team boards gotta like his odds of being there.  

This is my thinking as well

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Anything is possible but there haven’t been 3 non EDGE LB’s taken Rd1 in a long time (if you say Riddick is not an EDGE then ok last year lol). If you think Roquan and Edmunds are ahead of him on most team boards gotta like his odds of being there.  

I was about to say . . . . ;)

EDIT: There was also 2014 with Barr, Shazier, and Mosley all going in the top 17 picks.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I was about to say . . . . ;)

EDIT: There was also 2014 with Barr, Shazier, and Mosley all going in the top 17 picks.

Yeah I knew about 2014 but it’s the true outlier with pure non edge LB.  Riddick’s versatility to play EDGE definitely played a big part into his stock.  Before then I think you go back to 2008-9.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

Yeah I knew about 2014 but it’s the true outlier with pure non edge LB.  Riddick’s versatility to play EDGE definitely played a big part into his stock.  Before then I think you go back to 2008-9.  

But this year is also an outlier. Edmunds is just like Barr, Roquan is a lot like Shazier, and LVE is just a freak. The point I'm making is that teams won't hesitate to draft 3 ILBs if the talent is there.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

But this year is also an outlier. Edmunds is just like Barr, Roquan is a lot like Shazier, and LVE is just a freak. The point I'm making is that teams won't hesitate to draft 3 ILBs if the talent is there.

Like I said I can’t argue the talent side.  Again though I think there’s a good shot LVE is in the mid late 20’s - still would be 3 guys in Rd1 and an outlier.   Like you said Vea and Payne likely gone.  5 QB’s could be gone.  Barkley, maybe Guice.  At least 2-3 OL.  So many EDGE’s. 1-2 TE’s.   And we haven’t hit the premium CB position.   So hard to predict how it goes in the 2nd half of Rd1. 

Archived