2018 Draft Eligible LB Thread.

Tugboat

His predicted 40 is around 4.5  The 3 cone drill will be in the interesting one for him.  Can he keep it under 7.1.  I like him be cause he diagnoses plays quickly.  I think Sean Lee and Urlacher are decent comparisons.  He is not Shazier in athletic ability.

What are you  guys' thoughts on Shaquem Griffin? I saw him being ranked as a Day 3 guy and I found that kind of insulting. He's been All AAC the past 2 years and was the conference DPOY last year. If he had 2 hands I feel he'd be at worst a 2nd round pick. I think who ever does take him (my guess is Seattle because his brother is there) gets a steal.

What are you  guys' thoughts on Shaquem Griffin? I saw him being ranked as a Day 3 guy and I found that kind of insulting. He's been All AAC the past 2 years and was the conference DPOY last year. If he had 2 hands I feel he'd be at worst a 2nd round pick. I think who ever does take him (my guess is Seattle because his brother is there) gets a steal.

Its absurd that he hasn't received a combine invite. I think that he is a 5-6 round pick. Really rangy guy who is trustable in coverage for a LB. And he plays his heart out.

22 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

If I needed a LB I would definitely take him in the 2nd round. He's a fantastic player.

3 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

The guy is making the best of a tough situation, im not sure if he would be a 2nd round pick, maybe or maybe not. Would he play with the same fire he plays with if he had two hands. He would have a more developed upper body and body overall if he had two hands, I know that. Who knows, all I know is he is a such a joy to watch, I know for a fact that he doesn't take anything for granted and respects the game. I just hope he can find a niche in the game.

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

His predicted 40 is around 4.5  The 3 cone drill will be in the interesting one for him.  Can he keep it under 7.1.  I like him be cause he diagnoses plays quickly.  I think Sean Lee and Urlacher are decent comparisons.  He is not Shazier in athletic ability.

4.5 would be huge for him.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What's the scoop on Fred Warner from BYU?

Great in space. Very fluid and athletic. Allergic to contact, though. When a blocker gets hands on him it's just over. I want to like him because of how versatile he is and how much potential he has in coverage, but he needs to develop the strength/technique/grit to take on and shed blocks.

10 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Malik Jefferson anyone? Seems his name is hardly mentioned around here.

His tape is pretty bad. If you watch a highlight film he looks like a top 10 pick. But his lowlights are pretty bad and come more frequently than the highlights.

I think he'd be pretty good in a blitz-heavy scheme where he wouldn't be asked to play like a traditional linebacker. I think he's going to have to play SLB and play against TE's primarily. He can't make guard reads for some reason.

Archived