2018 Draft Eligible LB Thread.

Tugboat

What is the consensus on Skai Moore? I see a tremendously instinctual player with plus athleticism (Despite the injuries), excellent in coverage and explosive as a blitzer. Not great at taking blocks but overall does well for his size. Age and injury scares me, as well as the fact that he was playing a pretty freewheeling role in college. I still think he has a lot of potential and can emerge as a R4 type that starts and has everyone going 'how was he not picked higher? look at that college pedigree?!' in a year or so. Kid makes plays all over the place.

5 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

What is the consensus on Skai Moore? I see a tremendously instinctual player with plus athleticism (Despite the injuries), excellent in coverage and explosive as a blitzer. Not great at taking blocks but overall does well for his size. Age and injury scares me, as well as the fact that he was playing a pretty freewheeling role in college. I still think he has a lot of potential and can emerge as a R4 type that starts and has everyone going 'how was he not picked higher? look at that college pedigree?!' in a year or so. Kid makes plays all over the place.

I've pretty much been blowing this dude since he was a sophomore. He's a beast that reminds me a little bit of Thomas Davis. Davis was more stout against the run, but both are missiles to the football, have great speed, and are excellent in coverage. I wouldn't be shocked if he went in round 2, but his injuries are going to put him more in the R4 range. He's an NFL starter.

Leighton Vander Esch is in the same tier of talent as Roquan, Edmunds, and Rashaan.  He lacks the elite athleticism/explosion of that trio but he's by no means a bad athlete and makes up for it with his other attributes.

Roquan - Awesome athlete & great in coverage but very bad in clutter.  Best closing burst and range in class but by far the worst of the top guys dealing with blockers.

Edmunds - Great size & athleticism but something still seems missing to me, either with his instincts and/or motor.  Best size/speed combo in class.

Evans - Great closing burst/explosion & best blitzer + most violent of the bunch but also has the slowest reaction time.

Vander Esch - While he lacks the athleticism & burst of Roquan/Edmunds/Evans, he also doesnt have any of their flaws.  He has great size & length, really good in coverage (although hard to really tell with broadcast footage), great instincts, and probably the best tackler out of all of them.

I know he was their 2-time conference player of the year, but it's so hard given the competition to know what to make of SCSU's Darius Leonard.   His measurables today just made him even more interesting.   Obviously scrimmages this week and his agility drills will tell the tale, but another reason I love the Senior Bowl.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I know he was their 2-time conference player of the year, but it's so hard given the competition to know what to make of SCSU's Darius Leonard.   His measurables today just made him even more interesting.   Obviously scrimmages this week and his agility drills will tell the tale, but another reason I love the Senior Bowl.

He's who i'm looking forward to watching the most. 

17 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Leighton Vander Esch is in the same tier of talent as Roquan, Edmunds, and Rashaan. 

It's strange how I had literally never even heard the guy's name until a few weeks ago, yet now everyone and their mother has him as a 2nd rounder.

25 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

It's strange how I had literally never even heard the guy's name until a few weeks ago, yet now everyone and their mother has him as a 2nd rounder.

Because no one really expected him to declare early. Everyone that already knew of him had no reason to talk about him with regard to the 2018 draft if he was going to be in the 2019 draft.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Is he athletic enough to warrant these comparisons? I'm honestly asking. I've not watched him. 

I don't see it, but some people love Vander Esch. Here's the game that they're talking about:

Archived