WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

12 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Riveria said something to the effect it would encompass the DMV. kinda kills Redwolves . 😕

The red wolf is the world’s most endangered wolf. Once common throughout the Eastern and South Central United States...

https://www.fws.gov/southeast/wildlife/mammals/red-wolf/

The red wolf (Canis lupus rufus[6][7] or Canis rufus[8][2][5]) is a canine native to the southeastern United States. Morphologically it is intermediate between the coyote (Canis latrans) and gray wolf (Canis lupus), and is very closely related to the eastern wolf (Canis lupus lycaon) of eastern Canada.

Red wolves were originally distributed throughout the southeastern and south-central United States from the Atlantic Ocean to central Texas, southeastern Oklahoma and southwestern Illinois in the west, and in the north from the Ohio River Valley, northern Pennsylvania, southern New York, and extreme southern Ontario in Canada[2] south to the Gulf of Mexico.[12] The red wolf was nearly driven to extinction by the mid-1900s due to aggressive predator-control programs, habitat destruction, and extensive hybridization with coyotes. By the late 1960s, it occurred in small numbers in the Gulf Coast of western Louisiana and eastern Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_wolf

The U.S. Geological Survey considers the Southeast region to be the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, plus Puerto Rico and the U.S. The Virgin Islands.

There is no official Census Bureau definition of the southeastern United States. They instead divide a larger region which includes Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia, designated as "the South" into three separate subregions, none of which are conventionally considered to define the Southeast.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, I know, and appreciate all that . Rivera kinda "limited" it to DMV.  I HOPE I'm reading way too much in it . There's a sanctuary for the Redwolf in N C near the Alligator River. I've been there. Awesome place, very remote.  I ahve a friend that went there with a nature group at midnight to listen for the call. 

It's my fav name of what we have to chose .

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Yeah, I know, and appreciate all that . Rivera kinda "limited" it to DMV.  I HOPE I'm reading way too much in it . There's a sanctuary for the Redwolf in N C near the Alligator River. I've been there. Awesome place, very remote.  I ahve a friend that went there with a nature group at midnight to listen for the call. 

Do you have the specific quote? i don't know off hand which one that was.