WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

This is kinda my point, though. You don’t like any potential names. And you also didn’t want them to be the Redskins anymore — I could understand someone dragging their feet if they just couldn’t let go of the old name, but there’s not a lot of pleasing you on this issue 😂

I liked Sentinels.  

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Curious - of the 31 other names-any you hate or just meh about. My least favorites are Titans #1- not sure exactly what a Titan is . The newer cat names , Jaguars and Panthers -meh. Texans - not very original. ( Loved the name Oilers ~! ) 

Ya Panthers is pretty lame.  I like the Jags uniforms. 

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Curious - of the 31 other names-any you hate or just meh about. My least favorites are Titans #1- not sure exactly what a Titan is . The newer cat names , Jaguars and Panthers -meh. Texans - not very original. ( Loved the name Oilers ~! ) 

Texans is kinda lame, but we're all used to it, which will happen with whatever they pick for us (kinda like WFT is already for me).

Cardinals - great for baseball but not football. 

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I think Ravens is a pretty good name. It has a cool, somewhat subtle, tie-in to the area, and it’s an actual thing — not some lame concept. I also like Raiders, although that’s moreso about what they’ve done with the name since then, basically turning it into some sort of demon pirate concept. That’s a very evocative theme for them. Hopefully Vegas, with all its showmanship, will keep that alive. Other names I kinda like because they make sense include Seahawks (although I’m pretty sure it’s a made up word), Vikings, Dolphins, and Broncos. Honorable mention to the Jaguars, just because that’s been my favorite animal since I was very young.

I hate the name Texans. I think they were trying to go for a “Yankees” sort of regional appeal, but it just falls flat. Maybe they like it there, I don’t know. I think 49ers is kinda lame, but it’s better than 76ers because at least it’s referring to a concrete group of people. I think Bills is stupid, because the logo is still just a buffalo, not Buffalo Bill. And then I suppose you do have the quarter of non-native cat names (Bengals, Lions, Panthers, Jaguars) that doesn’t make much sense, but I love all those animals, so I don’t care too much.

It will probably be Redwolves, which will be cool & stand the test of time.

But I like Redhogs even more. 

I have no problem keeping "Red" for a prefix of our name.

One thing I do know for sure. Wolves are badass both in realism & mythology.

They will have no problem selling jerseys & other memorabilia with a wolf.