WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

• 4 weeks later...

When are they going to get the new name?? It is so stupid to hear the Washington football team. I know nothing gets done right in Washington, but this is ridiculous. Why not use the name of the old Washington baseball team the Senators. That name has a nice ring to it.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

When are they going to get the new name?? It is so stupid to hear the Washington football team.

Last we heard, it would be sometime in the offseason. However, if the season keeps going badly and/or the email problem metastasizes, it could be sooner.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Why not use the name of the old Washington baseball team the Senators. That name has a nice ring to it.

1. If I had to guess, either MLB or the Washington Nationals have some sort of copyright or trademark protection for the Senators.
  2. Do they really want take on the name that was famously quoted as "Washington ... first in war, first in peace, last in the American League East?" I mean, it would be accurate but do they want to re-emphasize that?

35 minutes ago, Woz said:

Last we heard, it would be sometime in the offseason. However, if the season keeps going badly and/or the email problem metastasizes, it could be sooner.

1. If I had to guess, either MLB or the Washington Nationals have some sort of copyright or trademark protection for the Senators.
  2. Do they really want take on the name that was famously quoted as "Washington ... first in war, first in peace, last in the American League East?" I mean, it would be accurate but do they want to re-emphasize that?

That’s kinda a easy transition though worse in the NFCE. Easy transition and very fitting not the name I’d pick but that trademark is very fitting I’m intrigued 🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I’ve always thought Snyder is milking this season to sell more WTF merchandise because of the lost season last year.  

3 hours ago, Woz said:

I could be wrong but I think the Twins own the rights to the Senators. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I could be wrong but I think the Twins own the rights to the Senators. 

I dunno how that worked with the team getting its second run before becoming the Rangers.

Regardless, the Senators name isn't available.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I dunno how that worked with the team getting its second run before becoming the Rangers.

Regardless, the Senators name isn't available.

I think it’s going to be Redwolves. I think this is their last ditch effort to get the fans back before they sell. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Ron Rivera, vague as ever! 😂 

I still think it’s the wolves. We could have a seriously awesome logo they can call them the red wolves but honestly I think we’re just going to be the Washington Wolves and I think they can really do some great things to modernize the unis and they can still keep the traditional look without much hinderance the colors aren’t changing just the logo

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I still think it’s the wolves. We could have a seriously awesome logo they can call them the red wolves but honestly I think we’re just going to be the Washington Wolves and I think they can really do some great things to modernize the unis and they can still keep the traditional look without much hinderance the colors aren’t changing just the logo

I can dig it. I think Wolves would be a good name, better than any of the other options. The military ones they had on the list really didn’t flow well IMO.

• Like 2