WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

It is for me....that's for sure.

I'd rather have Bruce Allen back partnered with Vinny Carrato.

Steve Spurrier as head coach with Greg Manusky as Def coord.

With Jason Campbell & Rex Grossman as our 2 QB's

Instead of the permanent fixture name of the Washington Redtails

I don’t believe you. 

9 hours ago, theskawks said:

I honestly like the name Redhogs, that honors the team in 2 different ways, with Red and Hogs. I think it makes a lot of sense.

To me that seems like they’d be trying too hard to have Red in the name. At least with Red Wolves, Red Hawks, Red Tails, those are more logical. 

I looked it up, there is a such thing as a Red Hog but it seems really forced. I know our OL has a history of being named the hogs, but me personally I don’t want the team to be named after a pig. 

I actually like Redhogs better than Redwolves, personally.

If you're going to force "Red" into the name? At least have it mean something, or have it traditionally sound. 

Wolves are awesome, but there's no correlation/transition between Redskins to Redwolves.

There is with Redhogs.

Redtails is the absolute worst, imo. A) There's way too many bird teams, if that's the meaning. B) If it's the Tuskegee airman? So we we go from indians to African Americans? Yeah, that sure makes a lot of sense. Not to mention the punchlines the players, coaches & fans get to endure after an *** whipping. I guess the name would be fitting, afterall.

I'm warming up to "Legends" to be honest. Probably my favorite of the generic names. 

It's probably my 2nd favorite of all possible choices.

My favorite being Bravehearts, if course.

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I actually like Redhogs better than Redwolves, personally.

If you're going to force "Red" into the name? At least have it mean something, or have it traditionally sound. 

Wolves are awesome, but there's no correlation/transition between Redskins to Redwolves.

There is with Redhogs.

Redtails is the absolute worst, imo. A) There's way too many bird teams, if that's the meaning. B) If it's the Tuskegee airman? So we we go from indians to African Americans? Yeah, that sure makes a lot of sense. Not to mention the punchlines the players, coaches & fans get to endure after an *** whipping. I guess the name would be fitting, afterall.

I'm warming up to "Legends" to be honest. Probably my favorite of the generic names. 

It's probably my 2nd favorite of all possible choices.

My favorite being Bravehearts, if course.

But, but, but --- A Red Wolfe is a real/ actual animal. A Red Hog isn't -unless it's smoked over hickory and has some great BBQ sauce added .

On 8/27/2021 at 2:28 PM, RSkinGM said:

But, but, but --- A Red Wolfe is a real/ actual animal. A Red Hog isn't -unless it's smoked over hickory and has some great BBQ sauce added .

No, red hogs are real. At first I thought it wasn’t real but I looked it up & they’re really. I just really don’t like the name hogs or our team name being any kind of pig, it was cool for our OL in the 80s/early 90s bc it was after a group of OL but I’d hate the name for a team name.

Now Razorbacks, that’s cool even if it is after a type of hog bc the name is cool.

Edited by turtle28

On 8/29/2021 at 6:12 PM, turtle28 said:

Hmm. Interesting spelling. I wonder why it’s spelled that way. I like Cadet’s better than Commanders. 

Cadets aren't even out of school, lowest rank. Commanders are at least mid level officers.

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Cadets aren't even out of school, lowest rank. Commanders are at least mid level officers.

Agree, but the name is cooler to me. Heck with how crappy our team has played - save a few years - since 1993, we might as well be named the Privates! 😂