Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

LA at OAK: I'm not even going to do a writeup on this one. It is the purest essence of what Tecmo Bowl is, distilled to its most entertaining form. This is a game that was 13-7 with a minute to play in the first half, with Oakland driving for a score, that turned into an absolute curb-stomping. Glory.

• Like 1

Me: The Browns have 3 Pro Bowl OL and a top 10 draft pick at OL. The only real question mark they have is RG. 

TECMO: The RG spot is awful! Let’s destroy him and make him give up 2+ sacks per game!

Me: No, their RG is an average NFL starter, and...

TECMO: THE RG IS AWFUL!!!!! I have spoken!!!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Me: The Browns have 3 Pro Bowl OL and a top 10 draft pick at OL. The only real question mark they have is RG. 

TECMO: The RG spot is awful! Let’s destroy him and make him give up 2+ sacks per game!

Me: No, their RG is an average NFL starter, and...

TECMO: THE RG IS AWFUL!!!!! I have spoken!!!!!!

I mean, even if your RG was good, Tecmo could just decide to blitz 11 like they do with me. I think my OL has given up like 2 sacks all year while Goff has been sacked like 5 or so times a game.

Definitely bittersweet, because if you remove all of the extra blitzers, my team has gotten 4 sacks this season. I was NOT expecting Frank Clark and Chris Jones to be such massive non-factors. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, even if your RG was good, Tecmo could just decide to blitz 11 like they do with me. I think my OL has given up like 2 sacks all year while Goff has been sacked like 5 or so times a game.

Definitely bittersweet, because if you remove all of the extra blitzers, my team has gotten 4 sacks this season. I was NOT expecting Frank Clark and Chris Jones to be such massive non-factors. 

Yeah it’s absolutely a balancing act. I wasn’t anticipating the Jets LB to be such great blitzers and smother the run, or the Bears DB to be a complete no fly zone, so I gotta take the good with the bad :)

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah it’s absolutely a balancing act. I wasn’t anticipating the Jets LB to be such great blitzers and smother the run, or the Bears DB to be a complete no fly zone, so I gotta take the good with the bad :)

Jags LBs were everything that I had hoped they'd be through the first three games, except Hayden and Schobert were getting sacks instead of the GOAT Josh Allen. Schobert, Allen, and Jack were DESTROYING other teams' running games, and the DL got quite a few TFLs, as well. I think my DL might still be leading or near the top I'm TFLs, but since I played Counselor, my LBs have been horrendous.

23 hours ago, swoosh said:

WEEK 6
cardinals at steelers - 21-17 steelers
buccaneers at broncos - 24-13 broncos
49ers at jets - 17-13 jets
bills at buttmunchers - 24-17 bills
browns at patriots - 21-17 browns
rams at raiders - 21-20 rams (rams grab first win)
saints at packers - 30-10 packers

game of the week: falcons at texans - I won't pick this one but it's going to be a good one. #2 vs #3 in power rankings. #1 offense goes against #3 defense. #2 offense goes against #6 defense. 

WEEK 6
cardinals at steelers 27-24 ot
buccaneers at broncos 24-14
49ers at jets 3-24
bills at buttmunchers 38-28
browns at patriots 13-10
rams at raiders 41-7
saints at packers 29-21

falcons at texans 35-24

only 4-3 in pick em last week. unacceptable. I did predict the Rams first win though. way off in score but hey, i'll take it.

• Like 1

week 7 pick em:

falcons at saints - 34-17 falcons
cardinals at buccaneers - 27-17 bucs
texans at jets - 24-17 texans
patriots at 49ers - 21-10 patriots
buttmunchers at raiders - 27-17 buttmunchers
browns at rams - 21-20 browns
packers at steelers - 24-21 packers

game of the week: broncos at bills - 17-16 bills

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1