Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

It's not an awful return since Krebs has legit top line talent but, as Forge said, it's whelming. I would've liked to get another prospect in that deal rather than the pick swap or whatever nonsense the 3rd rounders are. I would've done everything I could to get Chayka or Korczak back as well.

• Like 1

So they are going to Kucherov him and keep him out until the playoffs and then fix the cap issues next year. Do wonder if, next CBA, this gets addressed because it's such a massive loophole. Obviously, not every team is capable of it because it's difficult getting to the playoffs without your best player but it's still a ridiculous loophole IMO. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So they are going to Kucherov him and keep him out until the playoffs and then fix the cap issues next year. Do wonder if, next CBA, this gets addressed because it's such a massive loophole. Obviously, not every team is capable of it because it's difficult getting to the playoffs without your best player but it's still a ridiculous loophole IMO. 

I think so. Its kind of crazy how this works for VGK if you really think about it. I mean, they aren't actually losing anything that will prevent them from having a very good regular season and making the playoffs as a high seed. They are just going to add down the line. From what I understand, Tuch probably wasn't going to be back until after the new year either. 

So it's not like they damaged the roster in the immediate future to hinder their chances of regular season success. They are just going to wake up in the future during the playoffs with Jack Eichel on their roster lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I think so. Its kind of crazy how this works for VGK if you really think about it. I mean, they aren't actually losing anything that will prevent them from having a very good regular season and making the playoffs as a high seed. They are just going to add down the line. From what I understand, Tuch probably wasn't going to be back until after the new year either. 

So it's not like they damaged the roster in the immediate future to hinder their chances of regular season success. They are just going to wake up in the future during the playoffs with Jack Eichel on their roster lol 

They still have to survive the Karlsson and Patches injuries though. They probably will but they're not necessarily a lock to make the playoffs at this moment.

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They're not even going to play him LOL

They also haven't called up Jack Quinn who's crushing the AHL even more so than Holtz (Last I checked he was averaging nearly 2 points a game?)

I think that they are making at least some sort of concerted effort to keep the young guys away from the dumpster fire for the time being ? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They also haven't called up Jack Quinn who's crushing the AHL even more so than Holtz (Last I checked he was averaging nearly 2 points a game?)

I think that they are making at least some sort of concerted effort to keep the young guys away from the dumpster fire for the time being ? 

It's possible, yes. I just don't think those two are best suited to waste away down there either. Quinn is destroying the AHL and Krebs is a PPG guy down there. They need to be up with the big club and if you don't have faith in that club/coach, you need to make changes. They laid a lot of blame on Eichel so this doesn't make sense. Then again, it's Buffalo where nothing makes sense.

On 11/4/2021 at 5:27 PM, beekay414 said:

It's possible, yes. I just don't think those two are best suited to waste away down there either. Quinn is destroying the AHL and Krebs is a PPG guy down there. They need to be up with the big club and if you don't have faith in that club/coach, you need to make changes. They laid a lot of blame on Eichel so this doesn't make sense. Then again, it's Buffalo where nothing makes sense.

They are just manipulating service time /s

• Like 1