Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

11 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Excited to see Calgary towards the bottom of the North division with an albatross of a goalie contract. ;)

Lol. It's going to sweet seeing the Greasers have two of the top point getters and still not make the playoffs, again. 😘

I actually can't wait for this season. The BOA 10 times is going to be an absolute - show. It'll be a complete bloodbath. The entire North division will be in fact. Rivalries are going to be expanded to new heights like never before.

I really should post more in this thread more too. I kindof forget it exists as I post about hockey on a hockey specific forum (Not HF boards, that place seems toxic).

46 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lol. It's going to sweet seeing the Greasers have two of the top point getters and still not make the playoffs, again. 😘

I actually can't wait for this season. The BOA 10 times is going to be an absolute - show. It'll be a complete bloodbath. The entire North division will be in fact. Rivalries are going to be expanded to new heights like never before.

I really should post more in this thread more too. I kindof forget it exists as I post about hockey on a hockey specific forum (Not HF boards, that place seems toxic).

Oh man the North division is going to be spicy. So so spicy. The rivalry between us and also Vancouver is going to go to new heights. Everyone hates Toronto. Habs are there too. Only Ottawa and 'Peg don't really have anyone who has strong feelings towards them. This season is going to be must watch TV for our division alone.

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Damn man

I'd love for the devils to be in on that. Assuming it wouldn't happen. I'd also need to know why he wants out. If it's a Torts thing, I get it. If it's a location thing, NJ may as well save its assets lol

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd love for the devils to be in on that. Assuming it wouldn't happen. I'd also need to know why he wants out. If it's a Torts thing, I get it. If it's a location thing, NJ may as well save its assets lol

I don't even want to begin to think about what it would cost to get PLD. He fits but I don't think I'd want to give up 1st round picks in our state, especially a 2021 1st which seems like we'll be able to add to the defensive side of the ice (Power, Clarke, Hughes, Lambos) or get another top 6 stud forward (Johnson, Beniers).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's either a Jarmo thing (who is noted to be a really tough negotiator for RFAs due to the market) or a location thing. I think Devils would be one of the teams he'd go to tbh. I'd be worried what you gave up however, but I think he'd go to you guys.

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

It's either a Jarmo thing (who is noted to be a really tough negotiator for RFAs due to the market) or a location thing. I think Devils would be one of the teams he'd go to tbh. I'd be worried what you gave up however, but I think he'd go to you guys.

Hit me in the face with realism here because I don't even want to propose anything for S&Gs cuz it's definitely not going to be enough. I just know I'm not giving up Nico, Jack, Holtz, Mercer or Smith. That, in itself, is probably why I'd be out as the Devils.

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hit me in the face with realism here because I don't even want to propose anything for S&Gs cuz it's definitely not going to be enough. I just know I'm not giving up Nico, Jack, Holtz, Mercer or Smith. That, in itself, is probably why I'd be out as the Devils.

22 y/o #1 C who can play against tough opposition and has increased his PPG every season won't be cheap. It starts with Nico I think. Tbh I also think the Devils do that too. Him and PLD are the same age and PLD is the superior player.