Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

8 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Man, what a bounce for the Devils. 5 on 3 for the Habs, shot deflects off Zajac as Hall comes out of the box, Hall hits a breakaway go ahead SH goal. 

Yeah, I have to give credit to hynes since I just bashed him. Having hall serve the too many men, I would imagine for exactly that reason, was a great idea. Hall back up to an 8 game point streak. 

I honestly can't believe we won that. Through two periods, the offense was just awful. Nico got it going early in the third with the goal and then two other really good chances.

• Like 1

Last 18 starts, kinkaid is 14-3-1, 2.37, .931.

Schneider hasn't won since 2017. Definitely going to stay with kinkaid the rest of the season. Going to make this off-season interesting. Second year in a row he's out played Schneider for the most part. I'm not 100 percent on how the whole buy out thing works, but with Schneider having a ntc, we have to be thinking it, right? 

• Like 1

still banking on the pens to take washington in the playoffs

to paraphrase a brilliant tweet there's a difference between playing some dumb team like the habs and having 45 minutes or so to prepare for the caps compared to playing them in a seven game series, and when your coach is sully, planning master, the adjustments are made... could tell the pens played yesterday and the caps didn't 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Schneider hasn't won since 2017. Definitely going to stay with kinkaid the rest of the season. Going to make this off-season interesting. Second year in a row he's out played Schneider for the most part. I'm not 100 percent on how the whole buy out thing works, but with Schneider having a ntc, we have to be thinking it, right? 

It'd cost them $2M against the cap for the next 8 seasons. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout_calculator/cory-schneider

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forge said:

I have a hard time trying to figure out what to do with Cory. Love him but his best days might be behind him. Injuries are just taking their toll on him. I think it's getting close to the day that we move on from him. Blackwood, Appleby and potentially even Cam Johnson, the college free agent that we just signed, are on the cusp of being ready. So, it's not like we don't have options. 

22 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

The Sedin brothers are retiring at the end of the season.

I'm actually a little surprised. Thought for sure they would lock in one more year with the Canucks and then ride out. What a great run for those two

5 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

The Sedin brothers are retiring at the end of the season.

Vancouver has some quality prospects knocking on the door and a lottery pick coming up. I'm expecting Vancouver or Ottawa to win the lottery with Erik Karlsson 2.0 on the way 

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Vancouver has some quality prospects knocking on the door and a lottery pick coming up. I'm expecting Vancouver or Ottawa to win the lottery with Erik Karlsson 2.0 on the way 

And I hope Erik Karlsson 1.0 gets traded to New Jersey lol