Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Half a decade after returning to Russia to play in the KHL, it looks like Ilya Kovalchuk is primed for an NHL comeback. 

Kovalchuk, who signed with the Atlanta Thrashers prior to the 2001 season and played through the 2012-13 season, ending his career with the Devils, will reportedly be signing a 2-3 year contract with the New York Rangers, per Sport-Express' Igor Eronko.

It's like he just wants to do everything he can to just stick it to the Devils lol

Well it’s that time.

Round One.

Boston versus Toronto, Toronto in 7.

Tampa Bay versus New Jersey, Tampa Bay in 6. This was a hard series to me. I like the way Jersey has been playing but when I really look at it Tampa just has to much.

Washington versus Columbus, Washington in 5.

Pittsburgh versus Philadelphia.  Pittsburgh in 7,

Nashville versus Colorado. Nashville in 5. Colorado rebounded nicely but they are over matched.

Winnipeg versus Minnesota. Winnipeg in 6. Winnipeg is playing to well and Minnesota just can’t answer the Jets offence.

L.A. versus Las Vegas. L.A. in 6. Defence wins championships and over a series L.A. is to much for the Knights.

Anaheim versus SAN Jose. Anaheim in 7. This is really a pick em. 

42 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Well it’s that time.

Round One.

Boston versus Toronto, Toronto in 7.

Tampa Bay versus New Jersey, Tampa Bay in 6. This was a hard series to me. I like the way Jersey has been playing but when I really look at it Tampa just has to much.

Washington versus Columbus, Washington in 5.

Pittsburgh versus Philadelphia.  Pittsburgh in 7,

Nashville versus Colorado. Nashville in 5. Colorado rebounded nicely but they are over matched.

Winnipeg versus Minnesota. Winnipeg in 6. Winnipeg is playing to well and Minnesota just can’t answer the Jets offence.

L.A. versus Las Vegas. L.A. in 6. Defence wins championships and over a series L.A. is to much for the Knights.

Anaheim versus SAN Jose. Anaheim in 7. This is really a pick em. 

Like these picks. I took Boston over Toronto, but everything else I agree with. In my bracket I took SJ in 7, but I basically flipped a coin lol. I think that is going to be the most fun series to watch in the first round. Not as much star power as some of the others, but neither team has definite edge and it should go back and forth.

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

I want to see the Devils beat Tampa! 

Oh yes, I do as well. But, you gotta go in with tempered expectations as WC2 lol. I'm just happy to be in the damn playoffs. Been too long. Would love a repeat of 2012 but it ain't happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Oh yes, I do as well. But, you gotta go in with tempered expectations as WC2 lol. I'm just happy to be in the damn playoffs. Been too long. Would love a repeat of 2012 but it ain't happening.

You just never know. My gut tells me the Devils are going to do well my mind just won’t let me pick them.

• Like 1

Feel like Washington and Columbus could potentially be the best series of the round.  Both teams have ended the year on large hot streaks.  Columbus's additions at the deadline have given them a boost and are a well-rounded group.  Really hinges on whether Bobrovsky can play better than previous 2 postseason series he has been in.  If they get good goaltending, I give them a solid shot of knocking the Caps out.

Think the higher seed will win in the other matchups.  BOS-TOR and ANA-SJS should also be fantastic series.  

Have Tampa and Nashville in the final.  BOS-TBL in the 2nd round has potential to be matchup of the year if both teams win their first round series.