Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

They go form one of the best logos in the league, if not sports, to the worst.

Yeah but the owners designed this one, but hopefully they finally hear the fans. 

Imagine putting that logo on everything, I'm sure the merch check will make things better.

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You don't get Johnny without Gudbranson btw. So although he stinks, probably worth it.

Johnny didn't come to the devils, so my official stance on him now is that he's not very good and that contract is an albatross of an anchor, so adding gudbranson to it is worse. 

I don't make the rules, I just follow them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You don't get Johnny without Gudbranson btw. So although he stinks, probably worth it.

I agree.

But... from the behind the scenes stuff they shared it seems clear the front office didn't know that when they signed him. They were just determined to get someone that could fight to protect the kids. We got bullied a lot the previous season.

Edited by TwoToneBlue

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Johnny didn't come to the devils, so my official stance on him now is that he's not very good and that contract is an albatross of an anchor, so adding gudbranson to it is worse. 

I don't make the rules, I just follow them

On pace for 0 points so you could be right

• Like 3

Well Seattles offense and PP looks vastly improved. Burakovsky and Bjorkstrand should get a ton of opportunists along with Matty Beniers,  Justin Schultz looks as advertised being pretty good PP QB, puck moving defenseman. Our defense is an entirely different story, it’s needs a lot work. Gru and his contract worry me a bit, but hopefully with a combined effort from the D and Gru, we can get him back to his former veznia level of play. 

7 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Well Seattles offense and PP looks vastly improved. Burakovsky and Bjorkstrand should get a ton of opportunists along with Matty Beniers,  Justin Schultz looks as advertised being pretty good PP QB, puck moving defenseman. Our defense is an entirely different story, it’s needs a lot work. Gru and his contract worry me a bit, but hopefully with a combined effort from the D and Gru, we can get him back to his former veznia level of play. 

Matty is going to be an absolute stud. He and power should be front runners for rookie of the year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Matty is going to be an absolute stud. He and power should be front runners for rookie of the year

Agreed, I’d throw Mason McTavish in that discussion as well, but I’d lean Matty. His passing already is fantastic. Made atleast one rookie mistake last night on the first goal allowed, but I’ll live with it. 

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Agreed, I’d throw Mason McTavish in that discussion as well, but I’d lean Matty. His passing already is fantastic. Made atleast one rookie mistake last night on the first goal allowed, but I’ll live with it. 

Forgot about McTavish. He will be in the running as well. He looked good even in his cup of coffee last year