WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Honestly, I know he had some issues with the Texans, including his dog biting Clowney, but I honestly don't recall seeing any stories similar to this when he was cut.  You are welcomed to search for them and provide them.  But I don't see anything that makes me feel like he's not credible, especially when you factor in how this ownership group has been equally "credible" as well.  

Swearinger’s track record speaks for itself. You don't end up being on 5 teams in 6 years and on and off the Cardinals 3 times w/o being a problem for all coaches, not just Gruden/Manusky. I don't remember another Washington player when Gruden was here having these issues but RG3 when he started yapping to the press and blaming everyone else but himself in 2014 and when Swearinger did the same thing in 2018.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Given how my boss felt about the way the company was at the time, yes, I did go out of the company.  I also left out that I leveraged a personal relationship.  Her husband at the time worked alongside me, and I had been over to their house for dinner many, many times.  When we hired their daughters, I did not do the interviews out of a conflict of interest.  

I just can't fault anyone for doing whatever they wanted during this time, because it seems like we had a massive free for all.  Culture is ingrained in an organization, and happens from the top down.  It does not ignore football field or locker room boundaries.  Yeah, Swearinger going public isn't cool, but neither is threatening him when he did.  If that is the response to that instance, what do you think got us to the point where Swearinger felt he had to go public?  More of the same kind of stuff.  

Because he didn't go anonymous and seemed to actually care about the on-field product, we should be applauding the guy instead of demonizing him.  I think he might actually have cared more at the time than our owner did.  

He spoke because he Cared about Winning Football Game's. Anyone who doesn't like that so be it. Including Jay, Dan, Bruce, ect. That says more about them than it does Swearinger. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Given how my boss felt about the way the company was at the time, yes, I did go out of the company.  I also left out that I leveraged a personal relationship.  Her husband at the time worked alongside me, and I had been over to their house for dinner many, many times.  When we hired their daughters, I did not do the interviews out of a conflict of interest.  

I just can't fault anyone for doing whatever they wanted during this time, because it seems like we had a massive free for all.  Culture is ingrained in an organization, and happens from the top down.  It does not ignore football field or locker room boundaries.  Yeah, Swearinger going public isn't cool, but neither is threatening him when he did.  If that is the response to that instance, what do you think got us to the point where Swearinger felt he had to go public?  More of the same kind of stuff.  

Because he didn't go anonymous and seemed to actually care about the on-field product, we should be applauding the guy instead of demonizing him.  I think he might actually have cared more at the time than our owner did.  

I almost completely disagree. While I applaud him for being man enough to put his name behind it, the boss (Gruden) is well within his rights to tell the employee (DJ) not to complain about the company to the customer (media/public). I've fired people for being unprofessional like that. Handle it in house. The customer doesn't care about the internal stuff. The customer cares about the finished product. Want to bad mouth the company to the customer? Leave first and then do it. You can't continue to collect a paycheck and badmouth the company that supplies it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Where did he express his statement at? If I recall correctly it was in the locker-room or a press conference after a game. 

Huh?

What does it matter where he expressed his statement? That is a bizarre non-sequitor.

Work with me here.

Ready?

I don't care if it was a sideline interview.

I don't care if DJ said it in a presser.

I don't care if he said it in the locker room after the game.

I don't care if he said it riding on the back of a pregnant Yak, in Nepal, on his way to Base Camp 1 on his ascent up Everest.

I don't care if he was riding on Space - X with Bob and Doug on his way to the International Space Station.

The physical location doesn't matter.

The fact remains that he still aired the grievance and badmouthed the bosses to the customer. Try that at your work tomorrow and continue doing it with each customer, each day. Then come back and tell us your results.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I'm not debating any of that I just don't think Swearinger is the guy you want to put on a pedestal bc he has zero credibility given that he can't stay with any team more than two years in 6 years. He was on 3 teams last year. 

I 100% agree the organization is a mess and this house cleaning needed to happen years ago. Truthfully, I was disappointed in McCloughan’s 2016 draft and him/Allen/Gruden/Santos’ 2016 free agency acquisitions but, we would have been much better off as a franchise if Snyder had fired Allen & Santos in 2016 and rolled forward with McCloughan as team President in 2017, he had promoted Kyle to GM and then McCloughan had hired someone he knew/liked to do Santos’ job.

Yup. Agreed. I'm not defending Gruden about anything DJ said. He could very well have been 110% correct. But the fact that you're right, doesn't mean the company gets to continue to pay you if you continue to badmouth it to the public. This is Business 101 stuff here

6 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

When I'm putting my body/life on the line to do my Job and part of my job is to answer Questions, what do you want me to do? Also I have a sh××× Coach in Gruden disrespecting Me/Teammates plus the Game of Football over a freaking Female. What are you doing about that other than Firing Me? Nothing, Dan kept Bruce and Gruden. That's why their having the off-season they're having now. You want DJ to pull the Marshawn Lynch "I'm just here to play football" route

Your Position of Power should make you a Leader and able to handle situations with Professionalism. This situation and many other's weren't. Once again I can't blame DJ for the positions he took with the Inappropriate behavior that was going on with those in positions of Power above him. 

You yourself have called them out and know their behavior is cause of DJ and other players True comments/complaints.

1st Bolded - Yes, I do.

2nd Bolded - Yup. I also am not defending Gruden. I wanted him gone and am glad he is. 

But that isn't the point.

There's a right way to do things and a wrong way. I've left companies when I felt leadership was as screwed up as the ones we have. And maybe DJ saw that the only way he could leave was to continue to badmouth leadership until they cut him?

Dunno. But I do hold by the saying of:

"HOW you get there matters."

So maybe he did force them to cut him so he could be done with the team? If so, that's plausible.

But it's more likely that this is just who he is given that he has been on a ton of teams (including Arizona twice now) and can't seem to stick. He's a loose cannon (and possible cancer if he goes unchecked for too long) and if I were running a Front Office I would pass on him each time he's available.

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Huh?

What does it matter where he expressed his statement? That is a bizarre non-sequitor.

Work with me here.

Ready?

I don't care if it was a sideline interview.

I don't care if DJ said it in a presser.

I don't care if he said it in the locker room after the game.

I don't care if he said it riding on the back of a pregnant Yak, in Nepal, on his way to Base Camp 1 on his ascent up Everest.

I don't care if he was riding on Space - X with Bob and Doug on his way to the International Space Station.

The physical location doesn't matter.

The fact remains that he still aired the grievance and badmouthed the bosses to the customer. Try that at your work tomorrow and continue doing it with each customer, each day. Then come back and tell us your results.

The difference is It's part of Sweariger job to answer questions about his job, teammates, coaches, Etc. If you don't want to be badmouth don't be a Bad Organization and don't Blame Employees for Honest Testimony when it's part of their Job. 

Sweariger didn't send a random tweet, text, email, or phone call. He answered a Question about his Job while at Work. You won't sign him but 1 of the top 5 HC says he can work with him. 

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I almost completely disagree. While I applaud him for being man enough to put his name behind it, the boss (Gruden) is well within his rights to tell the employee (DJ) not to complain about the company to the customer (media/public). I've fired people for being unprofessional like that. Handle it in house. The customer doesn't care about the internal stuff. The customer cares about the finished product. Want to bad mouth the company to the customer? Leave first and then do it. You can't continue to collect a paycheck and badmouth the company that supplies it.

I bet you were not as unprofessional as Jay Gruden and some of the other people in the building were.  That’s the big difference for me.  They (Gruden and others) reaped what they sowed in this scenario.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I bet you were not as unprofessional as Jay Gruden and some of the other people in the building were.  That’s the big difference for me.  They (Gruden and others) reaped what they sowed in this scenario.  

No. But his team lead he was complaining about to the client was extremely unprofessional. I fired them both. 

Again. My point isn't about what Gruden deserved or didn't. My point is that the team was well within its rights to cut DJ. And DJ had no right to complain to the customer about in house stuff (*). 

(*) note for the willfully obtuse. I'm not saying he didn't have the right to complain. He absolutely did. But you do that in house inside the organization. Not in the media (re: with the customer).

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

The difference is It's part of Sweariger job to answer questions about his job, teammates, coaches, Etc. If you don't want to be badmouth don't be a Bad Organization and don't Blame Employees for Honest Testimony when it's part of their Job. 

Sweariger didn't send a random tweet, text, email, or phone call. He answered a Question about his Job while at Work. You won't sign him but 1 of the top 5 HC says he can work with him. 

It's my employees' jobs to answer questions from the client as well. Because they are the face of the company each day at the client site. But internal stuff about the company should be kept internal. It's not my employee's job to air dirty laundry about the company to the client.

And every coach says they can work with him. Until they work with him

Lasted 2 years at Houston (2013-2014) on his rookie contract. Didn't even play it out when he was extremely cheap.

2015 - Played for 2 teams that year (Bucs then Cardinals)

2016 - Played for Cardinals

2017 and 2018 = Redskins

Last year was with *checks notes*...oh yeah... THREE teams (Cardinals, Saints, and Raiders)

Six teams in Seven years

Dude is a headache and a headcase. I'm passing on him. I can work with people of similar talent that aren't going to go rogue in the media all the time whenever they get their "fee fees" hurt.

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It's my employees' jobs to answer questions from the client as well. Because they are the face of the company each day at the client site. But internal stuff about the company should be kept internal. It's not my employee's job to air dirty laundry about the company to the client.

And every coach says they can work with him. Until they work with him

Lasted 2 years at Houston (2013-2014) on his rookie contract. Didn't even play it out when he was extremely cheap.

2015 - Played for 2 teams that year (Bucs then Cardinals)

2016 - Played for Cardinals

2017 and 2018 = Redskins

Last year was with *checks notes*...oh yeah... THREE teams (Cardinals, Saints, and Raiders)

Six teams in Seven years

Dude is a headache and a headcase. I'm passing on him. I can work with people of similar talent that aren't going to go rogue in the media all the time whenever they get their "fee fees" hurt.

Just make sure you keep that attitude with the people you hire above them as well. Clearly we know the guys above the player's in that Organization had A LOT of Problems themselves. 

The Goal is to Win Games, Swearinger cared more about that than his own Coach and had better knowledge of how to do that. I'm keeping him over Jay Gruden and Bruce Allen. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Just make sure you keep that attitude with the people you hire above them as well. Clearly we know the guys above the player's in that Organization had A LOT of Problems themselves. 

The Goal is to Win Games, Swearinger cared more about that than his own Coach and had better knowledge of how to do that. I'm keeping him over Jay Gruden and Bruce Allen. 

I always have, my friend. I expect the internal stuff to be kept just that. Internal. I expect there to be no infighting and no personal grievances and agendas. If there are, I deal with it. I also expect competence and professionalism out of everyone.

Which is why I wanted Gruden and his coaches to go. I'm not treating DJ any differently. Just like I didn't treat my employees (the staff member and the Team Lead) any differently. Both were let go.

• Like 1

I’m gonna throw this out there, I don’t give a rats behind about DJ Swearinger at this point. Gruden sucked, Swearinger was a pig among guinea pigs but not irreplaceable. The TBDs have been a tepid, stinky swamp for 20 years with drama and public lambasting and will continue to be as long as Snyder remains in charge. 

Sports media has already moved beyond this report because, unfortunately, woman being harassed in the sporting work place is far more the status quo than an outlier, and Snyder will reign forever unless his yacht hits an iceberg.

Everything sucks.

• Like 2