Signs Point to Nagy Returning to Kansas City Roots

soulman

18 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The offense just does not have enough talent to run the system that Nagy wants.

Last year he could not adapt quickly enough.

It is easy to blame it all on Mitch, but the entire offense from the scheme to the calls was a mess.

Pace's drafting of offensive players has been largely terrible.

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Most American black children are from single mothers and most of NFL is black is most stereotypical thing you have ever heard?

These are called commonly known facts.  You want me to say grass is blue because to say it is green hurts your delicate ears? 

For last 30 years plus, people shut down others speech with a a cry of racism.  The topic barely even matters.  It works so well for them.

Here I stand.    Site owners can kick me off if they want, and you can report me, you probably already have, and be everyone can be stuck with whiny  yes men like yourself.   

I can see your reading comprehension is extraordinarily low, let me break this down for you.

I said it was one of the most stereotypical things I have ever read on this site, not that I have ever heard.

The issue I have is that you are saying that because they are raised in a single family household, they are likely to be troublemakers. You are saying that without a father in a child's life, they are unlikely to  "Avoiding trouble and bad behavior over a young lifetime for many, if not most, is nearly impossible in those circumstances." Just because you think you would do stupid things without both parents doesn't mean most people would too.

That's the stereotype that I'm pointing out to you, that because they are black, they are likely troublemakers. That is what you are inferring. That is what your prejudice is showing. Because they're black, and because they're raised in a single parent household, they are troublemakers or are not raised properly.  You don't know their life, don't pretend you do just because they are in the public eye as a professional athlete. 

Too often people cry about "their rights", or what the constitution tells them they can and can't do, but most people in this country probably couldn't even tell you what their First Amendment rights are (I'll give you a hint, there's 4 of them) 

I don't have delicate ears, I just have a sense of what's right and what's wrong.

"Here I stand . . . whiny yes men like yourself" - you don't know a thing about me. So get off your high horse and show some respect, towards everyone.

By the way, I grew up in a single parent household. I didn't have a father figure in my life. And I turned out pretty good. 

Also, I didn't report you, because I'm not a *****. But I'm sure if you didn't have a dad, that's (according to you) something that you would have been. Or is that a poor assumption on my part? I guess if you disagree with that, tough, because "Here I stand.    Site owners can kick me off if they want, and you can report me, you probably already have, and be everyone can be stuck with whiny  yes men like yourself. "

• Like 3

21 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I can see your reading comprehension is extraordinarily low, let me break this down for you.

I said it was one of the most stereotypical things I have ever read on this site, not that I have ever heard.

The issue I have is that you are saying that because they are raised in a single family household, they are likely to be troublemakers. You are saying that without a father in a child's life, they are unlikely to  "Avoiding trouble and bad behavior over a young lifetime for many, if not most, is nearly impossible in those circumstances." Just because you think you would do stupid things without both parents doesn't mean most people would too.

That's the stereotype that I'm pointing out to you, that because they are black, they are likely troublemakers. That is what you are inferring. That is what your prejudice is showing. Because they're black, and because they're raised in a single parent household, they are troublemakers or are not raised properly.  You don't know their life, don't pretend you do just because they are in the public eye as a professional athlete. 

Too often people cry about "their rights", or what the constitution tells them they can and can't do, but most people in this country probably couldn't even tell you what their First Amendment rights are (I'll give you a hint, there's 4 of them) 

I don't have delicate ears, I just have a sense of what's right and what's wrong.

"Here I stand . . . whiny yes men like yourself" - you don't know a thing about me. So get off your high horse and show some respect, towards everyone.

By the way, I grew up in a single parent household. I didn't have a father figure in my life. And I turned out pretty good. 

Also, I didn't report you, because I'm not a *****. But I'm sure if you didn't have a dad, that's (according to you) something that you would have been. Or is that a poor assumption on my part? I guess if you disagree with that, tough, because "Here I stand.    Site owners can kick me off if they want, and you can report me, you probably already have, and be everyone can be stuck with whiny  yes men like yourself. "

Don’t the statistics show that people raised by single parents are far more likely to commit crimes and violent crimes than those raised by 2 parents?

@dll2000 @HuskieBear Cmon guys, relax. Both of you need to take a step back. Like @Bfan said, this is a football forum. Not a place to air personal grievances about other topics.

I know this isn't my place but somebody's gotta say something because you two are ruining what could be a good topic.

@dll2000  I like you as a poster. Even though we SEEM (I won't assume) to have different beliefs about certain topics and I think your a knowledgeable football fan and I enjoy your insight. 

That said, you may have own strong opinions and views on certain topics, and that's cool. That's your opinion. But you have been running a bit rampant lately by taking football discussions and somehow turning it into a platform to express your own personal views on topics that is FAR from football related and that ain't cool my dude. There are PLENTY of other platforms for that. This is a FOOTBALL forum where we talk about football.......not your personal therapist. 

We all get flooded with news everyday and see all of the bad **** that's happening around the world that we don't agree with, but that's partially why some of us come to forums like this one so that we can escape from that BS, even if it's for just a moment. And you're taking that away from people like myself when you start ranting about topics that have little with the initial one.  

All I'm asking, as a personal favor, is for you to stick to the football related topics brother, and nothing else. 

@HuskieBear You said yourself that you stopped posting here because of the lack of quality posts, right?  Well then why not try to fix that problem by posting some quality FOOTBALL related posts yourself then to make it better? 

Let's start with this. 

@dll2000 @HuskieBear

What do you two cats think about Nagy?  

Do you think we could do better as a HC? 

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1

I'm gonna take it back on track by saying IMHO running the ball more is exactly what Nagy should have been doing all along.  Even in the year of our Lord 2020 you don't win big with only a good passing game and we sure as hell lacked that as well.

GB began to falter over the past five years 'til the beefed up both their running game and their defense.  Minny's offense gained ground once they began depending more on Dalvin Cook.  Despite having a good QB in Matthew Stafford it seems Detroit can never resolve their issues at RB so their offense is too one dimensional.

In David Montgomery I see a kid who has a bit of Walter Payton in him.  He's not a speedster either but he's quick, elusive in the box, instinctive, and damn tough to bring down yet Nagy's play calling virtually ignored him at times.  This is the guy we need be handing the ball to 20 times a game or more not a half dozen or so.

IMHO even Cohen would become more effective as a RB if used correctly as a counter to Montgomery's ability to gain yardage between the tackles.

The decision to hire Lazor and Castillo as run game gurus and turn Mitch's development over to DeFilippo tends to confirm what this thread is about.  Add to that Pace's having picked up a well established blocking TE in Harris, getting a successful vet "U" TE so teams can't stack the box, and having spent his top pick on yet another TE also tells me Nagy has different plans for the offense this year.

The OL did not play well in 2019 but we should also look at the issues they dealt with that had an impact on that starting with the flipping of Daniels and Whitehair.  Clearly Daniels wasn't up to starting at OC whereas even ol' John Fox believed Whitehair is a natural there and he's proven it.  Then we have the disappointment of seeing the end of Kyle Long's career when we had no one prepared to take over at RG but a former DL being converted to RT playing out of position.  We also lost Bobby Massie for 6 games.

Other than inserting Ifedi at RG hopefully we're done with musical chairs at OG and LG and Massie and Leno both remain healthy for 16 games.  Nagy wants the OL to play tougher and if all goes well the right side where we often run is manned by two 325lb guys who can run block and the middle by a 310lb OC who plays with an attitude.  Daniels should do better now once he's settled back into playing LG.  He struggles with bigger DL but his quickness allows him to handle smaller quicker DL pretty well and to get into the second level to help on plays run to the right.  Leno is Leno.  Average run blocker but a decent pass blocker when he's on his game.

This is pretty much the sum total of what we've got to feature a better run game player wise so it's up to Lazor and Castillo to make it work AND for Nagy to start calling #32's number more often.  I don't care who plays QB.  Without a decent run game we aren't a playoff level team and can't win the NFCN.  JMHO

Edited by soulman

I don't mind running the ball more if it can be done with any competency. We had the 10th most rushed while having the 3rd worst yards per carry, so I will credit him for trying. But I really just want the offense to do something well. Looking at our offensive roster, what do we have?

ARob is a stud, Miller has flashes of great play but is too inconsistent. Graham has good hands but lacks the athleticism that made him so dangerous years ago, but at least should be a respectable dump off option for a year. Cohen is a recieving RB but couldn't make people miss last year. Montgomery is unproven and played with handicaps all around him, but even when he had space to make a move he generated way too few broken tackles or YAC. Our OL had poor play across the board last year, Whitehair being the best of the bunch on his worst year (IMO) as a pro. Both our QBs showed they can play well in short stretches but those stretches don't last long, etc. 

At this point we could replicate Navy's rushing game or Leach's pass happy scheme. If we can get points then I'll be happy. I'm just not sure what this cast CAN do well. 

I stand by my statement, but admit that it could have been handled differently. I was in a bar exam-induced sleep deprived study session, and it rubbed me the wrong way.

I am by no means a "snowflake" but would definitely recognize my white privilege and understand that I need to be as understanding and supportive to all individuals, regardless of any qualifying descriptors that people place on them. 

In terms of Nagy - he's fine. I know Executive and Coach of the year are often won by GMs/coaches had a good year with a team not expected to do much, but what that also means is that they took a team that wasn't expected to do much and did something pretty unexpected with them. I think Nagy did a good job of instilling his culture into the team year 1, i think in year 2 he tried to "Be You" a little too much, but at the same time the lack of a TE, running game, and poor QB play made it a little different. I think he went out and got guys that can speak his scheme in Flip, Lazor, and Castillo, who I hope are guys that aren't afraid to make their opinions known in the room and tell nagy what is an isn't working.

I'm cool with him leaving pagano to deal with the defense.

I think he needs to continue doing his thing and integrate what others are telling him (hello I-formation)

I think we finish somewhere between 8-8 and 10-6. Loss of Eddie is big, but he was only on the field 45% of the time, and while it will have a big impact, it wont be as big as hicks being out last year

• Like 2