Could the NFL create a bubble?

ET80

Right now the NFL needs to consider a bubble and completely changing how they structure a season.

I don’t see how a traditional 4 month schedule with weekly travel, etc works as of now.

Create multiple bubbles for a month, swap bubbles with a week or 2 break in between, idk.  Maybe a 12 game season with an expanded playoff bubble?

The current plan isn’t sustainable imo.  What happens when one team has 20 positive tests?  It’s not like dealing with injuries, people can play through injuries.  They’re not going to allow for people to play through a positive test, even if they’re asymptomatic.  Could you imagine your whole QB room or OL testing positive a couple days before a game??  It would be a clown show.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Right now the NFL needs to consider a bubble and completely changing how they structure a season.

I don’t see how a traditional 4 month schedule with weekly travel, etc works as of now.

Create multiple bubbles for a month, swap bubbles with a week or 2 break in between, idk.  Maybe a 12 game season with an expanded playoff bubble?

The current plan isn’t sustainable imo.  What happens when one team has 20 positive tests?  It’s not like dealing with injuries, people can play through injuries.  They’re not going to allow for people to play through a positive test, even if they’re asymptomatic.  Could you imagine your whole QB room or OL testing positive a couple days before a game??  It would be a clown show.

I agree. I don’t see them making it a month into the season under the current format.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s the MLB all over again.

Like, how do you see this working?

I don’t think the MLB makes it another two weeks. They will try to be stubborn about it but, what alternative do you have? 

Once MLB shuts down, if the NFL decides to play on they will look like complete fool’s. So, naturally, they will attempt to start the season.

• Like 4

Roger Goodell insists the NFL will complete its season. But a complete season is not the same as a full season....

Fully expect that we won't have a full 16 game season, but maybe something like 11-12 games, with teams having to sit out weeks in quarantine...

Twice since Friday, the Commissioner has referred to the NFL’s plans for 2020 not in terms of a “full season” but a “complete season.” It’s probably not a mistake.

A complete season ends with the presentation of a Lombardi Trophy. In 1982, the NFL played a complete season, albeit with only nine regular-season games. In 1987, the complete season consisted of one lost week and three games played with replacements.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/27/roger-goodell-keeps-referring-to-a-complete-not-full-season/

Not sure how possible it is because on earth but they put it? However, if they want to complete the season, a bubble is the only way assuming they don’t have a bunch of idiots like Lou Williams. Traveling from city to city just isn’t going to work.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Not sure how possible it is because on earth but they put it? However, if they want to complete the season, a bubble is the only way assuming they don’t have a bunch of idiots like Lou Williams. Traveling from city to city just isn’t going to work.

Sequestering players in a hotel could be an option. Just leave to go to the team facility and stadium for practice/games, and to fly to different cities/hotels for different games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Sequestering players in a hotel could be an option. Just leave to go to the team facility and stadium for practice/games, and to fly to different cities/hotels for different games. 

I think this is the way to go. maybe have teams stay at their camp sites for the whole season. they should at least make a attempt at it.