Could the NFL create a bubble?

ET80

15 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Probably couldn't have a single bubble, but I could see 4 mini-bubbles. Maybe if you went absolutely crazy and scrapped AFC/NFC for a single year and just bunched teams by locale in a handful of spots. Then have a round robin style 16-week season. Top 2 teams from each bubble go to a larger bubble for the playoffs. I'd love it just for the chaos, but bviously nobody would ever agree to such a thing because my whole idea is dumb and you're dumb for having read it.

This crazy list brought to you by my procrastination on my Masters work. Doesn't work perfectly.

California: (Chiefs and Niners take this one)
Raiders
Chargers
Rams
Niners
Seahawks
Cards
Chiefs
Broncos

Texas: (Cowboys and Bucs would win here)
Panthers
Cowboys
Texans
Saints
Jaguars
Titans
Dolphins
Bucs

Midwest/South: (Going Vikings and Browns)
Vikings
Packers
Lions
Bears
Colts
Bengals
Browns
Falcons

Mideast and East: (Bills and Steelers)
Steelers
Eagles
Bills
Ravens
Redskins
Jets
Pats
Giants

The Geography just doesn't work here. The Falcons in the mid-west bubble? Texas excluding Atlanta? This would make more sense:

Western Bubble

Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Chargers

Arizona Cardinals

Kansas City Chiefs

Denver Broncos

Northern Bubble

Minnesota Vikings

Green Bay Packers

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Indianapolis Colts

Cincinnati Bengals

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cleveland Browns

Eastern Bubble

Buffalo Bills

New England Patriots

New York Giants

New York Jets

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington

Baltimore Ravens

Carolina Panthers

Southern Bubble

Atlanta Falcons

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Miami Dolphins

New Orleans Saints

Houston Texans

Dallas Cowboys

Tennessee Titans

I feel that the players would not want to be confined for that period of time. It's one thing to have a month of lockdown...but we are talking about August through January for some players...people will break out of their bubble by that point. The costs would be astronomical and I'm not sure it's practical. 

I think that I would have every team play a division rival once (3 games). The division winners would play one another (no wildcard). You'd need some means of tie breaker. That would result in a 3 week playoff to get Superbowl champion. This thing could be finished in 6 weeks. That is realistic. You can bubble players for 6 weeks...you would cut the number of tests needed into a small fraction. 

• Like 2

How about this...each team plays a three game guarantee bracket within the division. This would last either 5-6 weeks (depending on whether a team goes undefeated or not). 

3 Game Guarantee Tournament Bracket - 4 Teams

Next you do a basic 8 teams, single elimination bracket only for division winners (no wildcards). This would be an a 3 week tournament. 

8 Team Single Elimination Bracket

So this entire process could play out over the course of 8-9 weeks. You could pretty easily construct a realistic bubble over that time period. And the number of tests would be a tiny fraction compared to our current plan. You'd also have the opportunity to have a REAL bubble...not allowing the players to get outside exposure. I think that most players would buy into a 2 months process of isolation when compared to 4-5 months.

Just now, Forge said:

I keep trying to figure out how to move there. My gf and I look at houses for sale all the time there lol

oh where are you looking? you're up against it unfortunately given sydney and melbourne have two of the most expensive housing markets in the world

now as a poor uni student i'm kind of thankful that the 'rona is in the process of crashing the property market and bursting the housing bubble, will help me that's for sure! maybe it can help you as well

5 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

oh where are you looking? you're up against it unfortunately given sydney and melbourne have two of the most expensive housing markets in the world

now as a poor uni student i'm kind of thankful that the 'rona is in the process of crashing the property market and bursting the housing bubble, will help me that's for sure! maybe it can help you as well

We look everywhere... Except Perth. Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, etc. Lots stuff outside the main Sydney/Melbourne because of the housing costs, but it's mainly just a pipe dream we have because we love it so much there (try to go every year) . Seems like going through the bureaucratic stuff is pretty difficult if you are coming over without employment sponsorship. 

We do always joke about just moving there and not telling my job. I work remote, so we always want to attempt to move there and see if I can still do my job there without my employer noticing lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

We look everywhere... Except Perth. Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, etc. Lots stuff outside the main Sydney/Melbourne because of the housing costs, but it's mainly just a pipe dream we have because we love it so much there (try to go every year) . Seems like going through the bureaucratic stuff is pretty difficult if you are coming over without employment sponsorship. 

We do always joke about just moving there and not telling my job. I work remote, so we always want to attempt to move there and see if I can still do my job there without my employer noticing lol

yeah i'm about an hour and a half west of sydney in the blue mountains but once i'm graduated i'm planning on moving in to the city - just more my type, but certainly it's going to slug me; two bedrooms in the areas i'm looking at (fifteen minutes from CBD) for $550000 or so, which is a lot, but i'm quite lucky in that even though i've grown up poor i'm graduating with a law degree and i'm going to be on lawyer money - not everyone who's grown up in my situation has that luxury and it's a really prohibitive market if you can't land a job soon out of uni too

oh believe me your boss will definitely notice - our internet here is like 65th worldwide, somewhere in between peru and india and below the 'stans... you're pushing your luck relying on that bahahaha😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

oh believe me your boss will definitely notice - our internet here is like 65th worldwide, somewhere in between peru and india and below the 'stans... you're pushing your luck relying on that bahahaha😅

I thought you guys were getting that upgraded 😂😂. We'd always see stuff about it in the CBD around the construction sites

23 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

How about this...each team plays a three game guarantee bracket within the division. This would last either 5-6 weeks (depending on whether a team goes undefeated or not). 

3 Game Guarantee Tournament Bracket - 4 Teams

Next you do a basic 8 teams, single elimination bracket only for division winners (no wildcards). This would be an a 3 week tournament. 

8 Team Single Elimination Bracket

So this entire process could play out over the course of 8-9 weeks. You could pretty easily construct a realistic bubble over that time period. And the number of tests would be a tiny fraction compared to our current plan. You'd also have the opportunity to have a REAL bubble...not allowing the players to get outside exposure. I think that most players would buy into a 2 months process of isolation when compared to 4-5 months.

Seems reasonable enough... I’ve just never been good with understanding brackets.

edit: Nevermind. I got it now.

Edited by diamondbull424

On 7/21/2020 at 9:13 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Yes, but they won't. It'd be too expensive and players/coaches/staffs/everyone involved aren't likely to agree to being isolated from friends and family for 6-8 months. It's a logistical nightmare and there's no way everyone would buy in. They may at first, but after the first month or two, people will want to interact with new people or go other places.

Even if they agree, these guys cant follow simple rules. You think they'll stay in a bubble? Cant imagine they all would