2017-18 NBA Preseason Thread

TheRealMcCoy

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Also, if Simmons stays healthy he is a lock for RotY imo. Only one I can see beating him is DSJ if he is let loose.

The easy comparisons for DSJ are Westbrook/Rose obviously due to his crazy athleticism. But when I watch him I see a far more athletic Kyle Lowry, and obviously that isn't bad in the slightest. I expect him to be a 20 ppg scorer in his prime who lives on SportsCenter top 10 week in week out, but the most impressive part so far to me is his court vision and ball distribution. He looks like a natural point guard. He still has a ways to go to be considered a great true point guard, but he just makes brilliant plays more often than not so far.

As a Mavs fan, I've gotten to enjoy Dirk, one of the absolute greatest players to walk the earth, for 20 years, but over that time there hasn't been a player on the Mavs that comes close to the excitement that Smith brings. Not Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Roddy Beaubois (lol), Parsons, Noel, etc... Nash and Finley were obviously All Star caliber players, but he excitement around Smith is something I haven't experienced for a Dallas Maverick outside of Dirk in my life.

One thing is to just pray injuries are avoided. Lead the way Young Dennis!

1502199255_f4afa165b20f6c08a97439f8cd444

52 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

The easy comparisons for DSJ are Westbrook/Rose obviously due to his crazy athleticism. But when I watch him I see a far more athletic Kyle Lowry, and obviously that isn't bad in the slightest. I expect him to be a 20 ppg scorer in his prime who lives on SportsCenter top 10 week in week out, but the most impressive part so far to me is his court vision and ball distribution. He looks like a natural point guard. He still has a ways to go to be considered a great true point guard, but he just makes brilliant plays more often than not so far.

As a Mavs fan, I've gotten to enjoy Dirk, one of the absolute greatest players to walk the earth, for 20 years, but over that time there hasn't been a player on the Mavs that comes close to the excitement that Smith brings. Not Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Roddy Beaubois (lol), Parsons, Noel, etc... Nash and Finley were obviously All Star caliber players, but he excitement around Smith is something I haven't experienced for a Dallas Maverick outside of Dirk in my life.

One thing is to just pray injuries are avoided. Lead the way Young Dennis!

1502199255_f4afa165b20f6c08a97439f8cd444

DSJ, Harrison Barnes and Noel is a really nice young core to build on. Still need one more good draft pick to add to that, but fortunately it's another good draft class, so that should be attainable. 

But yea, it's gonna fun to watch this thing come together, DSJ in particular. He couldn't have asked for a better situation to walk into either.

11 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Also, if Simmons stays healthy he is a lock for RotY imo. Only one I can see beating him is DSJ if he is let loose.

I would say he was a lock if he had even some semblance of an offensive game.

Right now all he can do is drive to the hoop and even his touch around the rim has looked pretty suspect.

Archived