The Going on a Hike Thread

• 3 months later...

I’m not an avid hiker, but i do enjoy it.  The best and biggest hike I’ve ever done is the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland.  It’s an all day hike, depending on where you start your hike.  It’s crazy because there’s areas where you’re hiking along the trail with about a ten foot cushion before the edge of the cliff, and you have a railing.  But then there’s points where you’re walking along the trail with virtually no room for error.  You also pass by a bunch of farms with horses and cows just chilling there.

i went there with a buddy of mine right out of college.  Loved it so much i went back four years later and proposed to my now wife there.

brochure-mobile.jpg?anchor=center&mode=c

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, KingVi said:

I plan on buying some snowshoes for this winter. Figure with the pandemic soaring, it'll help with the cabin fever.

don't go cheeeep on them, you'll regret it about 13 steps into your walk.
But they are a great diversion and get ya into the woods

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

don't go cheeeep on them, you'll regret it about 13 steps into your walk.
But they are a great diversion and get ya into the woods

Thanks, I don't plan to, in fact, the ones I have in mind are the most expensive. I'm sure overkill for Minnesota, as there isn't much elevation, but that's how I roll. (MSR Lightning Ascents)

Edited by KingVi
  • Like 1

Glad this thing was resurrected! I just spent a weekend on the Wild Wall. A portion of the Great Wall that isn't taken care of so the stones are falling apart and plant growth is taking over. Was nice to get out of the city part of Beijing, even if you're technically still in Beijing 2 hours drive away....

ylTf2UG.jpg

ZE1fOup.jpg

WjXBDVB.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 11:53 AM, JDBrocks said:

At some point in my life I plan on taking on the PCT. Probably when my son is old enough to do it with me.

My uncle and two cousins did a few hundred miles of the PCT before the boys left for college.   My uncle was the only one who had fun.

I've been known to do it from time to time.  Actually quite a bit.  But i almost always have to get dragged into it somehow.  It's one of those things i just really don't want to do, until i'm actually there and doing it.  And then part of it always sucks and i hate everything and wonder why i got conned into it.  And then it's awesome again and i'm so glad i did it.  It's a weird passtime.

But now it's the deep of winter, so i won't be doing any of that until like May or June.  lol.