Who comes away with the win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who comes away with the win?

• Patriots in a blow out
    • Patriots in a close one
    • Panthers in a close one
    • Panthers in a blow out

Just for posterity sake 

-Patriots lose to arguably the most top to bottom talented team in the NFL with one of the better D's in the league,  solid QB who doesn't make mistakes, break out running back and the best TE aside from Gronk

-Patriots soundly beat a historically good offense with the best QB they've seen thus far this season (whose currently on pace to have one of his most efficient seasons)

-Pats narrowly defeat a Texans team that gave them trouble in the last playoffs, has one of the most stacked defensive fronts in modern league history, has strong pieces on both offense and defense ahd finally got a QB who can actually do something and has been playing really well

-Patriots narrowly lose to the best mobile QB in the game, which is a style they struggled against. 

Omg 

18 minutes ago, everlong said:

The whole "they need time to gel" argument to me is a refusal to admit the defense is atrocious. Getting shredded by the 27th ranked offense is a sign of incompetence.

I'm like "Time to gel" to be what exactly? Average?

The defense isn't going to be great this season. The best you can hope for is mediocre at this point 

16 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Like last week, the cries of "got shredded by an awful Texans offense worst EVER!" seem to ring a little hollow now that Houston dropped 57 on Tennessee today

The titans defense has sucked for years. 

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The defense isn't going to be great this season. The best you can hope for is mediocre at this point 

If they stay healthy, they have the talent to be above average. And it's not inconceivable they could be a really good unit by the time December rolls around. They need a few things to break their way in terms of development and rebound performances from M.Butler/Branch but it's possible.

The secondary, if/when it gels, should be good. It will be great if they gel and Butler steps up and earns the huge contract he wants.

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

If they stay healthy, they have the talent to be above average. And it's not inconceivable they could be a really good unit by the time December rolls around. They need a few things to break their way in terms of development and rebound performances from M.Butler/Branch but it's possible.

The secondary, if/when it gels, should be good. It will be great if they gel and Butler steps up and earns the huge contract he wants.

Thought Butler actually looked really good today tbh, I’m not too worried about him or the secondary.  They are going to get things together. 

The front 7 is always going to be a real issue, but there’s some talent there too.  Not too worried tbh.

Just now, mission27 said:

Thought Butler actually looked really good today tbh, I’m not too worried about him or the secondary.  They are going to get things together. 

The front 7 is always going to be a real issue, but there’s some talent there too.  Not too worried tbh.

Butler was letting Funchess get position on him consistently. From the TV feed, it looked like he was having another poor game. Perhaps the All 22 will make him look a bit better but a slow, crappy starting WR shouldn't be beating a guy who considers himself (rightly, coming into 2017) a top 10 CB.

2 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

You missed the point

You were trying to imply that by the Texans lighting up the titans the Patriots defensive performance last week against the Texans wasn't that bad in retrospect.

I'm pointing out the titans defense hasn't been good in years. The Texans just  torched two bad defenses in back to back weeks. That's all 

Just now, CP3MVP said:

You were trying to imply that by the Texans lighting up the titans the Patriots defensive performance last week against the Texans wasn't that bad in retrospect.

I'm pointing out the titans defense hasn't been good in years. The Texans just  torched two bad defenses in back to back weeks. That's all 

You're still missing the point which was the Texans offense isn't actually incompetent now that Watson is in. They're actually a good unit. Good offenses make defenses look bad.

14 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

A mediocre defense with this offense is a SB contender 

Now that I'm calmed down a bit, at least on the positive side we typically murder our next opponent coming off a loss and the Bucs could very well go into the game a bit cocky. Also another week of Hightower getting healthier.

Plus, a couple of typical Jameis mistakes could be what the doctor ordered for the secondary.

32 minutes ago, everlong said:

Now that I'm calmed down a bit, at least on the positive side we typically play well coming off a loss and the Bucs could very well go into the game a bit cocky. Also another week of Hightower getting healthier.

Plus, a couple of typical Jameis mistakes could be what the doctor ordered for the secondary.

Glad to see you make it down off that ledge ok.

53 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm just not scared of Tampa. Mind you, I said the same thing for Houston and Carolina. 

It helps that half of Tampa's defense is out and we usually cream our opponents after embarrassing losses.

Archived