What are you expecting from your rookies?

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I don't know many who really liked him pre draft. Any chance you want to elaborate?

I liked him a lot.  He was my 3rd rated DB in the 2020 draft after Jeff Okudah and CJ Henderson.  Had a 1st round grade on him along with a comp to Asante Samuel.   So its nice to hear he's doing well in camp.

Edited by VanS
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Gabriel Davis looks like an absolute stud. He'll force his way onto the field.

Good to hear.  Josh Allen needs a second star WR to emerge alongside Stefon Diggs.  If Davis can translate the camp hype into regular season production then the Bills might actually be a true Super Bowl contender in 2020. 

Nothing from Wilson. He may play at some point but I’m expecting more of a RS year especially in a year like this. He has a lot of growing up to do and his technique needs a ton of work. Fulton will start in the nickel package and should play a big role. Evans will be the 3rd down RB and potential KR. Murchison should rotate on the DL especially on passing downs. McDonald is gone and Chris Jackson likely won’t make the team, probably PS.

On 9/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Bills first three picks will be immediate contributors and key rotational pieces. Epenesa and Moss could end up being the starter by seasons end. Gabriel Davis looks like an absolute stud. He'll force his way onto the field.

Jake Fromm won't even make the roster. Tyler Bass has already won the kicking job. Isaiah Hodgins looks like a late round gem and potential redzone threat. 7th round pick Dane Jackson is a prime candidate for the practice squad. 

I forgot that Buffalo got Hodgins. I think and Moss are both going to be real good. I don't think Hodgins will be elite, but solid for sure. I think Moss will surprise a lot of people.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:54 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Expecting? Not much. It wouldn’t surprise me if none of them get significant play time. 

Asiasi is the only one that I might look at as a guy expected to contribute, but even then rookie tight ends usually don’t clock right away - even the greats. 

Update post TC:

Kyler Dugger: Seemed to do very well in camp, might snag a starting spot but has earned himself some meaningful snaps to start the season. He’s impressed the staff with his ability to learn things quick. Should see work on STs as well.

Josh Uche: Probably starts the season as a rotational player, with the veteran Copeland likely getting the most snaps behind Bentley. 

Anfernee Jennings: Same as Uche. Simon and Wise probably retain roles as DEs, while Uche, Jennings, Winovich, and Copeland see time on the edge.

Devin Asiasi: Would probably be the Week 1 starter if he was healthy. When he gets back, look for him to get his opportunities. 

Dalton Keene: He’s looked pretty bad, honestly. Keene has the tools but none of the know-how right now. 

Rohrwasser seems to have lost the kicking competition to Nick Folk, Herron, Onwenu, and Maluia are depth players for now. Woodard...retired.