What are you expecting from your rookies?

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm thinking nothing at all. Ross Blacklock will be forced into the lineup early simply because the depth isn't exactly good. Jonathan Greenard might get some ST snaps at absolute most, he's probably the #6 OLB behind guys like Jacob Martin, Duke Ejiofer and Peter Kalambayi. Charlie Heck has a very slim chance at getting some work at RT, with last year's 1st Round pick Tytus Howard recovering from a knee injury. 

Nonetheless - with a truncated Training Camp and no preseason, a team that needs immediate impact from a rookie is going to have a tough go at it this season.

guilty real housewives of beverly hills GIF

• Like 1

1) CB A.J. Terrell - solid coverage and winning the starting job out of camp at LCB.

2) DT Marlon Davidson - good pressure when on the field in his rotational pass rush role.

3) OL Matt Hennessy - to win the starting LG job by the end of the 5th week and be a massive upgrade over James Carpenter by playing slightly below average as a rookie

4) LB Mykal Walker - to play some situational SLB in base sets and attack the ball when he's on the field on ST

4) S Jaylinn Hawkins - to play ST well

7) P Sterling Hofrichter - to win the starting P job and kick the crap out of the ball.

LB Jordyn Brooks is all set to start at WILL (bumping KJ to Strong) and barring injury should have a decent impact in year one. 

EDGE Darrell Taylor was put on the PUP as he is slow to recover from offseason surgery. Rookies missing significant TC time never bodes well under Pete. DT might not see meaningful snaps until late in the year; if at all. 

OG Damien Lewis, barring injury will be starting game 1. The release of Fluker effectively gave him the spot. 2020 is going to be a baptism of fire for DL. He will be settling him bookended by two newcomers (Finney-Shell), so who knows what kind of help he will get there. Just hoping to see more good than bad this year. 

TE Colby Parkinson broke his foot, and is on the PUP. Much like DT, CP probably wont see many if any meaningful snaps in 2020.

RB DeeJay Dallas will have a mountain to climb on the depth chart. Carson-Hyde are locked in. And the staff really likes what 2019 draftee Travis Homer brings. Deejay will have to make his name returning kicks, and covering kicks. There is a possibility Penny comes back in 2020, which further complicates Dallas's role. 

DE Alton Robinson has a good chance to carve out a roll as a situational rusher in 2020. DT's injury really opens the door for Alton to force his way on the field. He will be competing for snaps with Bruce Irvin and Queem Griffin.

WR Freddie Swain, and TE Stephen Sullivan probably find themselves on the PS. Just alot of established vets along those depth charts. 

Brooks and Lewis probably have the biggest impacts, while the rest either get redshirted, or fight over limited snaps with more established vets. 

Edited by animaltested

Akers to have the lead role and have every opportunity to put up high numbers. I’m not saying it’s a cert, but he’s got queue jump to the starting role and barring him being a busy should get majority of the carries from week one.

Van Jefferson will be a rotational player. I think he will be thrown in at the red zone a lot and could have a high number of TDs in respect to his snap count. 

Terrell Lewis will see the field a fair amount. He’s got competition for those spots, but nothing established. If he’s good then he will see the field a lot and any edge rusher next to AD is going to feast. 

Terrell Burgess could see a starting role in a nickel formation. Rapp and Johnson are set and established, he could compliment that if he’s as good as advertised. 

The rest will be minimal, although I hope Clay Johnston can make the jump as that’s a position of need for us.

Burrow will start, end the first round rookie injury curse, struggle at times, show flashes of greatness at times and get the team to 7 or 8 wins.

Tee Higgins will start off at WR4, but when Ross gets dinged, will move to #3 with Boyd in the slot.  Ross is out on COVID anyway while he attends to his son and baby momma who both have it.  Maybe 45 catches and a handful of redzone TDs.

Logan Wilson should be the third LB and see plenty of action.  He will be among team leaders in tackles.

Akeem Davis Gaither will be a situational LB.  He will see plenty of snaps, have a few sacks and some tackles.  But nothing extraordinary, unless you consider he is one of our LBs, so fans will think he should be an All Pro with like 4 sacks and maybe 50 tackles.

Khalid Kareem.  The forth DE, and now that we have Daniels playing inside along with Geno and Reader, he will see even less action as Hubbard and Dunlap won't be needed to line up inside on passing downs as much, if at all.  Kareem makes a few tackles, maybe bats a couple of passes down, and that's probably about it for this year.

Hakeem Adeniji.  Third or fourth OT, and rarely plays, unless we are totally out of it and they give him snaps while also letting either Finley or Dolegada get meaningful snaps in the last few games.  If we really stink, the tank might be on, and all the rookies play a lot, otherwise Adeniji never sees the field.

Markus Bailey will probably start the season on PUP/NFI and be a mid season add if injuries take their toll at LB.  If the others stay healthy, he eventually reverts to IR, or they cut a vet who will be leaving as a free agent anyway.  If that happens, he will play special teams and get a few sporadic snaps on defense.

hoping claypool can combine with juju-diontae-washington-ebron-mcdonald to give us a really diverse and multifaceted receiving unit to help ben make another couple of runs in his twilight years, that is the ideal

i expect most of the other guys really just to be bit-part players who help out in certain subpackages or are used as change-of-pace guys but claypool is the main contributor from the class

• Like 2

On 8/11/2020 at 10:10 PM, Daniel said:

If we defy my expectations and have at least a partial season:

I think Isaiah Wilson probably starts, regardless of where he is developmentally, and has an up and down season, like most non-polished athletic guys.

Kristian Fulton is probably nickel corner, and I would expect him to do very well in that limited role.

Darrynton Evans doesn’t see a ton of carries, and probably gets most of his action as a receiver in two RB sets.

Larrell Murchison probably rotates in regularly, and contributes a sack or two to the season.

Cole McDonald probably gets the benefit of the doubt and makes the roster as QB2, and we pray he sees no action.

Chris Jackson, I hope, makes the roster.

Or he gets the Luke Falk treatment.

He must have been bad.

1. Wills: If he’s even average at LT that’ll be a dramatic upgrade. I think he’s going to be solid.

2. Delpit: Hes competing for the starting FS spot

3: Phillips may earn a starting LB spot, on the worst LB corps in the league

4: Harrison Bryant is looking great at TE so far. He may beat out Njoku as the #2 TE opposite Hooper as the Browns will run a lot of double tight.

On 8/22/2020 at 2:11 AM, MWil23 said:

1. Wills: If he’s even average at LT that’ll be a dramatic upgrade. I think he’s going to be solid.

2. Delpit: Hes competing for the starting FS spot

3: Phillips may earn a starting LB spot, on the worst LB corps in the league

4: Harrison Bryant is looking great at TE so far. He may beat out Njoku as the #2 TE opposite Hooper as the Browns will run a lot of double tight.

Add in dpj making age plays here and there, especially 2and half of the year  

I'm very cautious with the expectations this year for the 49ers. I thought Aiyuk was going to have a fairly limited impact, though injuries have forced the 49ers hand and he's apparently earned 1st team reps at this point, so maybe there's a possibility for more, but I still don't expect much more than 700 yards receiving, maybe another 100 in rushing from Aiyuk. 

Not expecting a big season from Kinlaw at all this year, and now he's looked fairly underwhelming in camp. A couple of sacks maybe. 

After that, we didn't have another pick until day three, so not expecting anything from those guys 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm very cautious with the expectations this year for the 49ers. I thought Aiyuk was going to have a fairly limited impact, though injuries have forced the 49ers hand and he's apparently earned 1st team reps at this point, so maybe there's a possibility for more, but I still don't expect much more than 700 yards receiving, maybe another 100 in rushing from Aiyuk. 

Not expecting a big season from Kinlaw at all this year, and now he's looked fairly underwhelming in camp. A couple of sacks maybe. 

After that, we didn't have another pick until day three, so not expecting anything from those guys 

Sounds like a successful team. I know it well.

• Like 1

Think Kmet ends the year with ~300 yards and 4 tds. Jaylon is gonna have to step in big but I think will still play like a rookie. I think we got an okay haul but also don’t expect to be wowed at all by any of them this year. 

I’m worried about Jedrick Wills. He will have growing pains. He’s also the only rookie I expect to start day 1.

I’m really excited to see Harrison Bryant and Donovan Peoples Jones. They’re both going to be 3rd stringers, but Bryant will be our #2 TE quickly, IMO.

• Like 1