What are you expecting from your rookies?

RaidersAreOne

nfldraftgrades.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

NFL season permitting, how do you envision your teams rookies will be used and perform? Who do you think will be an instant starter? Who will provide depth? Who will be purely used on ST? Who will have success vs. disappoint given expectations? This is all your opinion and predictions for the coming season of course.

Edited by RaidersAreOne

Asiasi to provide immediate upgrade the TE room (not hard) and be the number 1 guy quick. He's an all-rounder, and we need TE help this season, which we did not get last season

Dugger is going to have to step in immediately as well with Chung pulling out. Not sure how he will be used, but he's a SS and he's athletic, so he's got to go in certain situations

With Uche and Jennings technically being OLB, and with our entire LB corps eviscerated - BB might have to get creative with them. But it's likely they're just rotational edge guys

So more than usual.

Aiyuk will likely be asked to step in right away with Deebo’s foot injury and Sanders leaving for the Saints. Bourne will see time as will Hurd and Taylor but more will be asked out of Aiyuk in the beginning than what typically happens in Shanny’s offense from a rookie WR. 

Kinlaw will be a part of the rotation. He may very well start but getting some vets back healthy there will be a healthy rotation along our DL this year. 

Everyone else will be depth and STs player. Interesting guys to watch will be Ahmed and Hasty, if one of them makes the team over Wilson, or with Wilson. Shanny used 4 RBs at different points of last season, so they very well could see some field time.

Patrick Queen- I expect him to be an impact performer and a top 10-15 traditional LB by the end of 2020. Someone on a similar level to Roquan Smith, Fred Warner, and Devin Bush. With a very stout IDL I expect him to fly around on clean up duty. A burgeoning Pro Bowl talent that just needs some polish.

JK Dobbins- In 2021 I think he’s going to be a top 10 back in the league, but in 2020 I expect him to have to fight to earn touches over Ingram, Gus, and Hill. I anticipate about 725 YFS and 2-3 TDs.

Justin Madubuike- Rotational IDL that has a few splash plays along the year but nothing too crazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

this 

If we defy my expectations and have at least a partial season:

I think Isaiah Wilson probably starts, regardless of where he is developmentally, and has an up and down season, like most non-polished athletic guys.

Kristian Fulton is probably nickel corner, and I would expect him to do very well in that limited role.

Darrynton Evans doesn’t see a ton of carries, and probably gets most of his action as a receiver in two RB sets.

Larrell Murchison probably rotates in regularly, and contributes a sack or two to the season.

Cole McDonald probably gets the benefit of the doubt and makes the roster as QB2, and we pray he sees no action.

Chris Jackson, I hope, makes the roster.

39 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If we defy my expectations and have at least a partial season:

I think Isaiah Wilson probably starts, regardless of where he is developmentally, and has an up and down season, like most non-polished athletic guys.

Kristian Fulton is probably nickel corner, and I would expect him to do very well in that limited role.

Darrynton Evans doesn’t see a ton of carries, and probably gets most of his action as a receiver in two RB sets.

Larrell Murchison probably rotates in regularly, and contributes a sack or two to the season.

Cole McDonald probably gets the benefit of the doubt and makes the roster as QB2, and we pray he sees no action.

Chris Jackson, I hope, makes the roster.

Much better.

Expecting? Not much. It wouldn’t surprise me if none of them get significant play time. 

Asiasi is the only one that I might look at as a guy expected to contribute, but even then rookie tight ends usually don’t clock right away - even the greats. 

Kmet, Jaylon, and Mooney are the three that I think make the most impact this year. 

45 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Lambs and Diggs will have very prominent roles from day 1. The rest of them rotational. 

I had no problem with Pace drafting Jaylon but man I was hoping for Diggs. 

9 hours ago, Danger said:

I think Reagor and K'Von Wallace are the only two Rookies who have a significant impact for the Eagles this year.

Even that impact won't be much until after the first month of the season IMO. With this Covid riddled offseason and having no Preseason games I think all of these rookie are in for a rude awakening TBH. 

I wouldn't sleep on Davion Taylor actually getting some reps given our LB situation. 

Edited by Nabbs4u