What are you expecting from your rookies?

RaidersAreOne

Ruiz has high expectations. We changed up a pretty good O-line from last year because the coaches thought he'd make it better. The plan is to move our young C last year to OG so we can fit in our rookie C. We've had pretty good performance from young O-linemen we've picked early, Ram, McCoy and Peat are the most recent, so expectations are high but this is one area Payton and co., don't make too many mistakes.

Baun and Trautman will be expected to have some contributions, however initially I think they are just going to be asked to provide depth and perform when asked. Baun will be competing with some veterans for snaps, post-draft interviews had FO and coaching stating he can play both MLB and SLB. He should be a starter there by the end of the season. Trautman was taken with the view of being a starter next season, while competing with Josh Hill's snaps at TE. He should be there to provide depth and coverage if/when Cook or Hill get injured. Should see an increase in snaps as the season goes on.

Tommy Stevens. I know people are going to shout Taysom Hill clone a billion times, but I think he's just there to take over for T.Hill's snaps at ST. Nothing more.

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Kmet, Jaylon, and Mooney are the three that I think make the most impact this year. 

I had no problem with Pace drafting Jaylon but man I was hoping for Diggs. 

Kmet is a Slovak name. Belichick is a derivative of a Slovak name as well. Therefore, Kmet is destined to be great :)

• Like 1

Andrew Thomas will start at LT from day 1. 
Xavier McKinney will start at FS from day 1.

The less we hear their names called, the better

Only other rookie I think will get playing time is Darnay Holmes at nickel CB

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Everyone else will be depth and STs player. Interesting guys to watch will be Ahmed and Hasty, if one of them makes the team over Wilson, or with Wilson. Shanny used 4 RBs at different points of last season, so they very well could see some field time.

As a University of Washington fan (and someone who has crunched plenty of Hasty tape), there is no reason Hasty shouldn’t comfortably beat out Salvon. The former Huskie simply isn’t very good. 

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

As a University of Washington fan (and someone who has crunched plenty of Hasty tape), there is no reason Hasty shouldn’t comfortably beat out Salvon. The former Huskie simply isn’t very good. 

I absolutely agree. I even drafted Hasty in the last round of some of my rookie drafts haha. He fits what Shanny asks of his RBs, has some what of a young Devonta Freeman to his game as well.

Not expecting much out of the Bills rookies to be honest.

Aj Epenesa is on a deep defensive line that i think will play towards the vets in this crazy off season. 

Zac Moss i would just like to see him be a bowling ball and hammer in short distances.

Hodgins and Davis are projects that won’t see the field much if at all this season.

I'm thinking nothing at all. Ross Blacklock will be forced into the lineup early simply because the depth isn't exactly good. Jonathan Greenard might get some ST snaps at absolute most, he's probably the #6 OLB behind guys like Jacob Martin, Duke Ejiofer and Peter Kalambayi. Charlie Heck has a very slim chance at getting some work at RT, with last year's 1st Round pick Tytus Howard recovering from a knee injury. 

Nonetheless - with a truncated Training Camp and no preseason, a team that needs immediate impact from a rookie is going to have a tough go at it this season.