Barstool Sports in discussion with Buffalo Bills Stadium Naming rights

soflbillsfan

20 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i have no interest in barstool... however but ill echo the question asked. Like what?

anyway, this is very unlikely to happen.

Not sure if this answers your question (and it veers off-topic of football so this will be my only post on the subject), but:

https://www.google.com/search?q=barstool+sports+shady+business+practices&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS831US831&oq=barstool+sports+shady+business+practices&aqs=chrome..69i57.5398j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

^^The results on that were hilarious

This is one of the articles' headlines- 'Barstool Sports and the persistence of traditional masculinity in sports culture'

I had no idea things were that bad over at Barstool. Hopefully congress investigates. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

i had saw that a year ago or so, certainly wasnt nice to do but it falls far short of some of the claims made aboit them. and you said, geting really off topic so ill stop there.

38 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Barstool's brand is basically "with our swagger, we are entitled to be ***** to whoever we want without repercussions" which isn't even "traditional masculinity" so much as "the internet manbaby keyboard warrior" version thereof.

Admittedly, that's not the entire brand. Big Cat and PFT are legitimately hilarious, and they satirize that Stoolie frat boy character all the time. 

But as long as Portnoy still keeps up his persona (which might be less of a persona and more just who he is), you're completely right that the Barstool audience is branded as the shock jock keyboard warrior.

27 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Barstool's brand is basically "with our swagger, we are entitled to be ***** to whoever we want without repercussions" which isn't even "traditional masculinity" so much as "the internet manbaby keyboard warrior" version thereof.

Is this all just culture war nonsense? Like "Cardi B is a sign our country is irrevocably broken", "I think my dog's Veterinarian voted for Trump", or "I caught my male coworker laughing at a Patrice O'Neal stand up clip, is it safe to go into work?"...

Cause I'd only ever heard about Barstool in passing and a lot of those search results from that link seem like they're built for the extremely online crowd and no one else. I'm not getting why people have so much energy over this dumb company wanting to put their dumb name on a dumb stadium, like every other such company/stadium pairing across the country. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Naming rights would be negotiated with owner of the stadium, no commissioner of football. That stadium is likely used for other sporting events, concerts, etc. Goodell has no say.

I mean, sure, the NFL doesn't have a direct say. But if you think Erie County will damage their relationship with the NFL amidst what's soon to become a large undertaking for a new stadium by making the NFL advertise the Barstool name when they want nothing to do with them, well, it's not likely. 

• Like 2

Barstool Sports doesn't march in lockstep with the far-left ideology that dominates so much of the entertainment industry, and so this makes them 'bad guys' to those useful idiots who blindly do. Keep in mind, the same people vilifying Barstool Sports are also turning to Billie Eilish and Stephen Colbert to tell them how to vote. Yes, they are that stupid.

17 minutes ago, JustAGuy said:

Barstool Sports doesn't march in lockstep with the far-left ideology that dominates so much of the entertainment industry, and so this makes them 'bad guys' to those useful idiots who blindly do. Keep in mind, the same people vilifying Barstool Sports are also turning to Billie Eilish and Stephen Colbert to tell them how to vote. Yes, they are that stupid.

billie eilish habitually violates sharia law and the tenets of cultural marxism, so those of us who subscribe to far-left ideology don't actually tend to listen to her that often

• Like 6