Barstool Sports in discussion with Buffalo Bills Stadium Naming rights

soflbillsfan

Normally I wouldn't post naming rights to a stadium but I thought this was something news worthy just because a Boston Based Sports outlet and David being such a New England fan to make a business decision to possibly buy the Bills Stadium rights to name it Barstool Sports Stadium seems a bit odd on so many levels, but also intriguing as well. How would both Pats and Bills fans feel about Barstool Sports making this move? Also how will the NFL Execs feel about this as David and Co have been very open about the hatred they have towards Goodell and Co? I know he has hung with Bills fans in the past but how would he approach this especially when the Pats come to Buffalo each year, will he be there wearing Pats gear or would it be something along the lines where he would have to filter himself which he rarely does by not wearing Pats gear inside the stadium he has the name to. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

I know he has hung with Bills fans in the past but how would he approach this especially when the Pats come to Buffalo each year, will he be there wearing Pats gear or would it be something along the lines where he would have to filter himself which he rarely does by not wearing Pats gear inside the stadium he has the name to.

...who cares? 

• Like 3

This will never happen - the NFL has banned Barstool from media events for a while now and clearly wants nothing to do with them. Portnoy is going to do his usual attention seeking shtick and then play the victim when the NFL never gets back to him. Not thread worthy.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

...who cares? 

Well it is a rival and people do tend to care. It is like if the Ravens owner was allowing a steelers fan to come in and name the stadium and then come around wearing steelers gear to the games. It is just something that is unheard of and kind of insulting. I am sure it is a media ploy and Erie County will likely deny this from happening but the fact that the owners have been in discussion is still interesting enough as they are entertaining the idea. 

28 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This will never happen - the NFL has banned Barstool from media events for a while now and clearly wants nothing to do with them. Portnoy is going to do his usual attention seeking shtick and then play the victim when the NFL never gets back to him. Not thread worthy.

Naming rights would be negotiated with owner of the stadium, no commissioner of football. That stadium is likely used for other sporting events, concerts, etc. Goodell has no say.

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Portnoys entire business strategy is to keep his name and the companies name in the news. It’s free advertising.

This won’t happen. You’re talking millions would have to be paid for it.

Portnoy has it. Wouldn';t surprise me in the least to see him do this. It's good business and sticks it to Goodell. 

39 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Naming rights would be negotiated with owner of the stadium, no commissioner of football. That stadium is likely used for other sporting events, concerts, etc. Goodell has no say.

Portnoy has it. Wouldn';t surprise me in the least to see him do this. It's good business and sticks it to Goodell. 

What is interesting is that Goodell has been very vocal the past couple of years about the bills future plans for a stadium so the county who may look to pass on this, depending on the money being offered (because that is what really matters, as the more you offer the more chances they look the other way), may say you know what this is what you get for pushing the bills out of this stadium so lets do it and give a middle finger back to goodell, in a way. Like you said they have no ability to block it as it is a venue for other outlets like concerts. 

42 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

FirstEnergy is paying 100 million for naming rights to Cleveland Browns stadium. That’s Portnoys entire net worth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

FirstEnergy is paying 100 million for naming rights to Cleveland Browns stadium. That’s Portnoys entire net worth.

Yes but that is a 17 year deal the bills I believe are looking for a 1-3 year deal as the lease Is up after that. So if you do the breakdown first energy is only paying 6 mil a year. Which can be affordable to portnoy

• Like 1