Monster Village Mafia - The Village is destroyed, Werewolves win!

rackcs

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:
4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sitting on the kill n4 was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in mafia

It was the smartest move you might have ever made. @rackcs would Forge have killed himself or would nothing have happened?

Interesting that the option even existed

could you use both the hit and the other move you had?

Just now, squire12 said:

It worked as it played into the ET vote. 

That was the plan originally meant for swag. Total frame job. When swag blew up, we basically list a kill and didn't know how to get past D6. We figured frame swag, et would lose a vote against me the following night

Just now, squire12 said:

Interesting that the option even existed

could you use both the hit and the other move you had?

Nope. I don't remember who I targeted for the compare. We knew it didn't matter. fwiw, I really did ask rack about the redirect question lol

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I enjoyed playing with you. Thank you for your support. 

You as well.   I should have stuck with my gut on the Forge invest being only a 50/50 if he found a mis match compare.   That and the ET flip and the N3 kill.  

Should have just blocked him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, for my WC, town also had to win.

And I thought leading a lynch covered me when I started pushing you.

The only way there wouldn't have been a target on my back was for me to be less active in hunting for scum, and if I'd done that, I wouldn't have hit on both investigations in the first place.

And even if I had done the whole investigate-kill thing, I still didn't stay alive long enough to complete it anyway.  And that's assuming Forge still doesn't catch my alignment and I get lynched.  Which absolutely would have happened if I hadn't publicly outed the scum, and had kept it secret and let Blue kill Night 2 again.

I reasoned that, if I'm out as the investigator, I probably get protects, watches, etc. and stay safe from scum.  Investigators live while the scum can't target them safely.  And I could fall back on playing pro-town if my alignment was found out.

Fair, and I like I said, you definitely weren't going to win because we were 100% gonna kill you the first chance we got. We knew we could, with Pickle flipping protector, the masons 100% not protecting anyone but themselves, and knowing we had the watcher and ET was tracker.

That said, you had no reason to believe we knew you were Cop or invested me N1. Outing Mwil for no reason D3 was so far against your claimed wincon we assumed you were a Vamp, lol.

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I used some cheap tactics and I apologize. I apologize to you @Dome and I apologize for impulsively making a swear that I told Squire I wouldn’t do anymore. That is why I edited it out right away. It was painfully obvious after Joshs post to Daboyle and I and I didn’t want to point it out but I felt like I was drowning with little to no one helping me try and solve. It was even more obvious when Josh posted about his dog that blue liked it immediately and forge and Mwil commented on it that it had probably been talked about in discord already. Also the presence of Forge and Josh in Swags E Thugz discord last night. Which is why I left it. I don’t want to play the game based on these things. 

Nah you're good. We actually didn't hear about Josh's dog until that post, it had nothing to do with scumchat (although we did discuss it after, I think).

• Like 2

Just now, squire12 said:

You as well.   I should have stuck with my gut on the Forge invest being only a 50/50 if he found a mis match compare.   That and the ET flip and the N3 kill.  

Should have just blocked him

I had a redirect of Josh to Forge on N5 and edited out last minute to what you suggested on Forge to KSJ because I went against you the night before and wanted to be more of a team player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I had a redirect of Josh to Forge on N5 and edited out last minute to what you suggested on Forge to KSJ because I went against you the night before and wanted to be more of a team player. 

I’ve been kicking myself all day for this and that also added onto my frustration. 

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I get it.   I went into the game with a goal of trying to live to see D4.  Once I got my role, I went with the be scummy enough to be a vote candidate for days.  

@Malfatron and a few others have used that tactic 

I messed up and did not see the other kill as being in play.   I was fine with going out if the moves would point to the remaining wolf/wolves.   Did not figure KSJ would have a kill and take out bcb.   

Nobody did, we figured KSJ might have a kill but thought he would take out Forge in that case. KSJ's two misplays at the end of the game were exactly what we needed to win.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nope. I don't remember who I targeted for the compare. We knew it didn't matter. fwiw, I really did ask rack about the redirect question lol

It was Bcb and Counselor, fwiw. We were trying to figure out who the other non-Town were so we could minimize the number of phases we had to bull**** our way through.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

Fair, and I like I said, you definitely weren't going to win because we were 100% gonna kill you the first chance we got. We knew we could, with Pickle flipping protector, the masons 100% not protecting anyone but themselves, and knowing we had the watcher and ET was tracker.

That said, you had no reason to believe we knew you were Cop or invested me N1. Outing Mwil for no reason D3 was so far against your claimed wincon we assumed you were a Vamp, lol.

Yeah, the original plan was to leave him alive that day and kill him in the night, but half the town already wanted to lynch me for not clearing someone in the thread immediately and wouldn't pressure anyone else, and instead all started roleclaiming.  At that point, I was thinking, fine, I'll give them this one, then surely they'll just follow my lead to hunt whoever is left then I can kill Malf.

Didn't work out that way, but I don't really think I had significantly better options.

I ****ed up by investigating you first, when you probably would have actually went along with scumhunting to not look scummy.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

Nobody did, we figured KSJ might have a kill but thought he would take out Forge in that case. KSJ's two misplays at the end of the game were exactly what we needed to win.

Yeah, this was actually hilarious. Ksj said "we think it's forge?" And I was like crap, he's a vig lolol

• Like 1