Week 1 Eagles Vs Washington (Insert name)

mar29020

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont think the worry is with the D. Its the OL thats of main concern. Doesnt matter how good the defense is. If the offense isnt moving the ball and the Eagles avg starting point is the 40-50. Then they wont have to but make a first down to be in any kind of scoring position. Logan certainly cant block. And is it Lucas starting at LT? Guy waived by the Saints and only played 8 games with the Bears as bad as their line was. Haskins blindside protectors are going to be weak no matter who starts.

I’m not worried about anyone the Eagles plan to line up at RE this season. I think Christian should be able to hold his own. He actually graded out as a pretty good pass blocker last season, per PFF, and apparently he’s made a leap this offseason per the camp reports. 

I am worried about LG. It seems like that position is our most unsettled right now, which isn’t good news against Philly’s DTs. Hopefully we have another situation like with Flowers last year where we’re all expecting terrible performance from the position but we get a pleasant surprise. 

The good news is they really have no idea what to expect from us on offense. No one does. That’s why I say we can easily “steal” this one. We’re underdogs, but we’re also an unknown. 

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Too lazy to keep reading that same post?

You should be more worried than that post indicates. Our talent/depth is insane at DT. I'm also assuming Hargrave is gonna be 100% come game time.

Also, you can point towards Christian's performance in camp and I can point toward Sweat's performance. Camp is camp. We'll see what happens week 1.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You should be more worried than that post indicates. Our talent/depth is insane at DT. I'm also assuming Hargrave is gonna be 100% come game time.

Also, you can point towards Christian's performance in camp and I can point toward Sweat's performance. Camp is camp. We'll see what happens week 1.

I specifically said I'm worried about LG.  I'm not worried about the other two interior spots.  Scherff and Roullier can hold their own.

I pointed primarily to Christian's pass blocking PFF grade last year, which was a respectable 72.0, which is considered starter level.  Josh Sweat's pass-rushing on the other hand was 63.7, which is considered back-up level.

When it comes to camp highlights, I'm much more impressed by what Christian has done against Young, Kerrigan and M. Sweat over what Josh Sweat has done against Pryor or Dillard, lol.

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I specifically said I'm worried about LG.  I'm not worried about the other two interior spots.  Scherff and Roullier can hold their own.

Eh maybe Scherff.... but, not when they are going to be playing all the snaps and we are the strongest team at DT in the league and will be rotating guys in and out.

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I pointed primarily to Christian's pass blocking PFF grade last year, which was a respectable 72.0, which is considered starter level.  Josh Sweat's pass-rushing on the other hand was 63.7, which is considered back-up level.

That's cool and all, but didn't Christian only start 2 games? That is a pretty small sample size. He played less than 150 snaps.

And, his overall grade was 63.0..... so if his pass blocking grade was 72.0 like you said, then what was his run blocking? 10.0?

Maybe Christian takes a step up and maybe Sweat does from what level they played at last year. Guess we'll see week 1 how Christian holds up.

But, since you want to use PFF.... they have Washington's o-line ranked 29th and Philly's d-line ranked 2nd.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season

The one other name to throw in the mix is 2018 third-rounder Geron Christian Sr., who has only played 189 snaps in his career and notably earned a 63.0 grade in limited time last season.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-defensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season

the door remains open for Josh Sweat to continue to earn himself a larger role, particularly if Barnett isn’t able to make strides in his development. Sweat notched 27 total pressures last season on 274 pass-rush snaps.

This is all they said about the two of them in their articles.

Anyways, I think we can both at least agree that both units could use each of these guys taking the next step in their development and both have the athletic traits to do so and are still just 23 years old.

37 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Montez Sweat had a 10.1% pressure rate according to PFF. Josh Sweat had 9.9%. @HTTRDynasty

I guess both Sweats were below average pass rushers.

At least we got ours over 100 picks later. ;)

One was a rookie who started slow and came on late. Wanna do a sig bet on which Sweat has the higher pressure rate this season?

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

One was a rookie who started slow and came on late. Wanna do a sig bet on which Sweat has the higher pressure rate this season?

Nah.... I've never done sig bets, but I bet they are somewhat similar like last year. 

Also, Josh Sweat is younger than Montez Sweat. 

kermit the frog tea GIF

Edited by TheRealMcCoy