Week 1 Eagles Vs Washington (Insert name)

mar29020

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lmao. They do this Every Single Year against us  - take one of our training camp bodies and sign him to their practice squad for opposition intel, then release him after we play them week 1. 

Hey.... its worked, hasn't it? ;)

Blame the NFL for always scheduling y'all against us week 1.

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:
23 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I don’t think the Eagles are very good. Minimal offensive talent outside of Wentz, Sanders & Ertz. 

WFT will stack the box and force Wentz to beat them. However, I’m not sure what to expect from the WFT offense. Could take a few weeks to get the unit familiarized.

23-13 Eagles

They still have DJax & Jeffery @ WR.

@A TRAIN 89 is also forgetting about Lane Johnson (stud RT), DeSean Jackson (looked dominant in camp.... he'll at least be healthy 1 week again hopefully) and Dallas Goedert (could be a top 5 TE in the league if not for Ertz being here. I'd say he's top 8-10 rn).

We don't have Jeffery yet... I'm assuming he won't be back till October and we still need to see how he moves. He looked very sluggish last year. Apparently he's been working hard to come back, but I'll believe he's still serviceable when he proves it. Pay attention to Arcega-Whiteside with Reagor out though. He has looked good in camp and could rebound to be a solid big bodied target. Again, I'll believe in JJAW when I see it, but he really wants to prove himself after the disaster that was his rookie year. Greg Ward in the slot is meh, but he can get open and catch short stuff. I think even without Reagor and our stud RG in Brooks we have enough offensive talent to put 20+ on your defense and take home the W.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We'll have studs Nathan Gerry and Duke Riley covering him though. 😤

I'm really interested to see what Scott Turner's plan of attack will be against your defense.  One thing I loved reading about him was how he was among the top OC's in the league in pre-snap motion and play-action usage when he was a play-caller, and he also passed on first down at one of the highest rates in the league in neutral game scripts.

I think we're gonna do everything in our power to avoid running up the middle into your elite DT rotation and you'll see a lot of plays designed to test your LBs and safeties horizontally.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm really interested to see what Scott Turner's plan of attack will be against your defense.  One thing I loved reading about him was how he was among the top OC's in the league in pre-snap motion and play-action usage when he was a play-caller, and he also passed on first down at one of the highest rates in the league in neutral game scripts.

I think we're gonna do everything in our power to avoid running up the middle into your elite DT rotation and you'll see a lot of plays designed to test your LBs and safeties horizontally.

That makes a lot of sense and Gerry likes to bite on play action, so it would be a good strategy.

• Like 1

I’m really excited to see how much the front 7 gets subbed i think we’re gonna have a lot of different looks. I have no issues with sending a fresh Payne then swapping to the Greek then throw Settle over top the center man they have a huge list to throw it’s nice to have something that can really stumble up teams game plans.

Hopefully we see guys step up and hold the ball on offense. Haskins makes smart plays and protects the ball we can be in the game. But can we protect him and give him a real change to settle in and make smart plays? That’s what we are going to get tested on early!!

This DL of Philly will be a huge gauge for our staff on things to build upon week to week. I’m hoping to see this left side grow up quick but hopefully they scheme ways to cater the gameplan away from that side to help them settle in.

Edited by ripsean21

12 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m really excited to see how much the front 7 gets subbed i think we’re gonna have a lot of different looks. I have no issues with sending a fresh Payne then swapping to the Greek then throw Settle over top the center man they have a huge list to throw it’s nice to have something that can really stumble up teams game plans.

Hopefully we see guys step up and hold the ball on offense. Haskins makes smart plays and protects the ball we can be in the game. But can we protect him and give him a real change to settle in and make smart plays? That’s what we are going to get tested on early!!

This DL of Philly will be a huge gauge for our staff on things to build upon week to week. I’m hoping to see this left side grow up quick but hopefully they scheme ways to cater the gameplan away from that side to help them settle in.

We could see a lot of jet sweep action, screens & quick throws that bring the defense up close to the line of scrimmage then do play action and hit Terry over the top, like we had last year; Keenum hit the first one but missed the second one in his awful game after the first quarter & a half.

If you’re going that much quick game then the OL doesn’t have to do much. We have the athletes w/ Terry, Sims, Gibson & McKissic, jet get them the ball and let them break ankles, Love too; if he’s confident in his knee.

Edited by turtle28

Fair warning. I will be at a "backyard tailgate" for the game. So I won't be monitoring this one. Have fun @naptownskinsfan and @MikeT14.

Oh and as always remember the rules on GDT:

1) Try to not to bicker too much

2) Talk about this game, not the others (too much)

3) .gifs are not only encouraged, they are practically mandatory!! (*)

(*) Seriously, one of these weeks, we need to do a .gif ONLY GDT. I mean we can have posts leading up to the game. But once kickoff happens, ONLY .gifs will be allowed. Thoughts?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Fair warning. I will be at a "backyard tailgate" for the game. So I won't be monitoring this one. Have fun @naptownskinsfan and @MikeT14.

Oh and as always remember the rules on GDT:

1) Try to not to bicker too much

2) Talk about this game, not the others (too much)

3) .gifs are not only encouraged, they are practically mandatory!! (*)

(*) Seriously, one of these weeks, we need to do a .gif ONLY GDT. I mean we can have posts leading up to the game. But once kickoff happens, ONLY .gifs will be allowed. Thoughts?

I'm down for a gif only GD.  

No games this year (so far) so I should be here for all of the GDT's.  

• Like 1