Week 1 Eagles Vs Washington (Insert name)

mar29020

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm down for a gif only GD.  

No games this year (so far) so I should be here for all of the GDT's.  

I think this is probably the only one (unless he does it again) I'll do this year. It's the same guy I've tailgated with for 15+ years. He really has a new menu each year. He's kinda a neighborhood chef (not commercial, just the guy everyone wants to go eat at his house when he throws a party type of chef)

One year?

Bacon wrapped, deep fried, hotdogs (with cheese and chili if you want to go all out - which I did)  with freshly cut, french fries.

Another year it was a different menu in bacon wrapped scallops, or teriyaki shrimp as an appetizer and griddled (he has a portable griddle) cheese steak sandwiches

One year (after getting a whole cow and a bunch of pigs slaughtered), he made his own sausage and we had three kinds of links to choose from.

Can't wait to see what he dreamed up this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think this is probably the only one (unless he does it again) I'll do this year. It's the same guy I've tailgated with for 15+ years. He really has a new menu each year. He's kinda a neighborhood chef (not commercial, just the guy everyone wants to go eat at his house when he throws a party type of chef)

One year?

Bacon wrapped, deep fried, hotdogs (with cheese and chili if you want to go all out - which I did)  with freshly cut, french fries.

Another year it was a different menu in bacon wrapped scallops, or teriyaki shrimp as an appetizer and griddled (he has a portable griddle) cheese steak sandwiches

One year (after getting a whole cow and a bunch of pigs slaughtered), he made his own sausage and we had three kinds of links to choose from.

Can't wait to see what he dreamed up this year.

That gives me some ideas.  I've definitely done the cheese steak one, but I used foil as a surface on my little gas grill.  I've been wanting to get one of the small Big Green Eggs for tailgating, but I am waiting to see how I feel about football in general next year before I get that.  

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Fair warning. I will be at a "backyard tailgate" for the game. So I won't be monitoring this one. Have fun @naptownskinsfan and @MikeT14.

(*) Seriously, one of these weeks, we need to do a .gif ONLY GDT. I mean we can have posts leading up to the game. But once kickoff happens, ONLY .gifs will be allowed. Thoughts?

I think you could do a GIF REQUIRED theme to sum up your post worst case. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That gives me some ideas.  I've definitely done the cheese steak one, but I used foil as a surface on my little gas grill.  I've been wanting to get one of the small Big Green Eggs for tailgating, but I am waiting to see how I feel about football in general next year before I get that.  

Labor Day Drinking GIF by Twisted Tea

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well then it’s a tank year by default. Also, we offered less guaranteed $ to Cooper by almost $40 million and less guaranteed to Hooper as well.

Here’s the kicker though, if Steven Sims has an average season for a  #2  WR this year, and Logan Thomas is serviceable our passing game is going to be fine and be a lot better than it was last year.

I have no reason to believe that Steven Sims is going to all of a sudden forget how to run amazing routes and break corners ankles off as he creates amazing separation. Then you throw in Gibson & McKissic too and I think people will be shocked at how versatile and effective our offense will be.

So, if Haskins just plays like he did last December in his final 2 starts and Steven Sims plays like he did in December our passing game is going to be fine.

Is it going to look like Kirk Cousins to Jordan Reed, DJax, Garçon & Crowder like in 2016?

No, but that’s the only season our  passing game has only looked like that in the last 27 years, once in 27 years folks.

Our passing game could look like the 2015 & 2017 versions of the Washington offense though if Haskins has developed like we all think/hope he has and if Logan Thomas can just be a big athletic target at TE who actually catches passes - unlike Sprinkle last year. 

Those 3 things and Gerron Christian being serviceable at LT are the keys for our passing game being able to get over 3500 yards & over 20 TDs.  

I love the enthusiasm, but wow that's a lot of ifs...... 

22 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

I love the enthusiasm, but wow that's a lot of ifs...... 

Yeah it for sure is. There will be ups and downs with this team no doubt, anyone not expecting that is delusional. I expect an inconsistent start to the season for the offense but my hope is that things start to click in November for the young O like last year.

I’m pretty excited to see what they can do. For me sometimes the unknown is just as exciting as the first sure thing. 

Just take Christian vs TWill, if TWill we’re still here we know what we’d get there really would be excitement for it, but the unknown with Christian is exciting to me, same w/ Antonio Gibson vs Peterson.

I hope the young bucks don’t fall flat on their face, but if they do we know we’ll be set up for another top 5 pick and that’s good for our future too.