Week 1 Eagles Vs Washington (Insert name)

mar29020

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, Josh Sweat is younger than Montez Sweat. 

By 6 months. Silly me for thinking an extra year in the league matters more for a player’s development than an extra 6 months of age. Especially since Montez only played DE 2 years in college. 

It’s all good though. I know you secretly wish you had Montez over Josh. 

Edit: And Montez over Dillard as well, before you bring up draft compensation.😉

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

By 6 months. Silly me for thinking an extra year in the league matters more for a player’s development than an extra 6 months of age. Especially since Montez only played DE 2 years in college. 

It’s all good though. I know you secretly wish you had Montez over Josh. 

Edit: And Montez over Dillard as well, before you bring up draft compensation.

lol I actually liked the Dillard pick......

You're acting like Josh has a lot more experience though.

He's going into his 3rd year and Montez into his 2nd. Josh has 421 defensive snaps in 2 years and Montez has 729. Meh.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol I actually liked the Dillard pick......

You're acting like Josh has a lot more experience though.

He's going into his 3rd year and Montez into his 2nd. Josh has 421 defensive snaps in 2 years and Montez has 729. Meh.

Is Dillard playing? Didn’t he get hurt?

23 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Thing that scares me most is the Eagles TEs vs our LBers,keep seeing Haskins throw Tds to Logan Thomas and Marcus Baugh in camp,hate to see what Ertz and Goddard look like vs us

As HTTR said, as long as this defensive coaching staff recognizes their players strengths and plays KPL and SDH vs them, then our coverage should be better vs TEs then last year.  Now, if they force Holcomb onto the field on passing downs and he hasn’t improved on his coverage from last year it could continue to be a disaster. I trust that DelRio and Rivera are smarter than Manusky and Rob Ryan and won’t play favorites so, I think we’ll see our better coverage LBs against Ertz & Goddert this year as opposed to last year.

I actually think we have a chance to pull this one off. It all depends on how Haskins looks. With the coaching staff we have I just don’t think we’re going to be anywhere near as bad as last year. We’ll definitely be competitive. I say the team plays well and plays close but we lose. 

Eagles 24

”Redskins” 21 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I actually think we have a chance to pull this one off. It all depends on how Haskins looks. With the coaching staff we have I just don’t think we’re going to be anywhere near as bad as last year. We’ll definitely be competitive. I say the team plays well and plays close but we lose. 

Eagles 24

”Redskins” 21 

Agree with that, good take. I think it’ll be close, I think our D does well, well at least that’s my hope. I honestly am not sure what to expect out of this offense outside of Peterson & Terry, I hope they show well.

Just musing: I wonder if offsides penalties will be much higher this year due to the lack of significant crowd noise. In game 1, I would expect Wentz to use as many tricks as possible to slow down our rush and draw our DL offsides. The guys better be ready for that. Good thing we no longer have Preston Smith on the roster when it comes to that, though Ryan Anderson seems just as bad at it, and Young was known for it his sophomore year of college. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

@TheRealMcCoy with the injuries to yalls Oline I think we are in the same boat as far as talent.

also have you seen our Dline as well? We are stocked at edge and interior most players we have on the line could start on almost any team 

when you look at an edge rotation of sweat, young, and kerrigan it’s scary. And having Payne ioannidis, and Allen on the interior is deep. Not to mention settle as our 4th DT who is super talented as well. Our dline is just as deep if not better, I’ll give it to you guys fletcher cox is the best interior guy but I don’t see an edge you have better than ours

with that said I believe you guys still win

• Like 1