Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

That is the problem with the world today.  The loudest people get all of the attention instead of the ones that deserve it. 

It's obvious who should get all of the attention

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Last time I checked they aren't playing on the field. You can believe they will turn one of these Rookies or Sims into a 800 yard WR but until I see It, I don't believe that will happen.

And that's entirely possible.

I do think a less predictable offense would be all to the good beyond the run-run-pass-punt system Gruden and Callahan used.

Gandy-Golden is the guy I think has the best chance to do that but we don't know for sure if he will. 

Again, possibly. I personally would stake more on Gibson since it's much easier for a 1st year running back to contribute massively to a team's offense than a first year wide receiver. McLaurin was the exception, not the rule (and boy am I glad the got him!)

• Like 2

@Woz Wasn’t the worst decade in team history the 60s? We only had one winning season, under Lombardi & we had two back to back seasons where we won just 1 game. Haha 😂 Damn we were some kinda awful. Just saying

We did make the playoffs twice from 2010-2019 and were a contender for the playoffs it in 2016, 17 & 18 until injuries derailed our chances.

Why did you Put Haskins out there with no Proven Weapons? 

Because that's what they could get given decisions that had been made prior to Rivera's arrival in Washington?

Also, keep in mind, the new head coach doesn't have the nickname "Riverboat Ron" for nothing, you know. He's a gambler.

Name a Winning Franchise that did that to their 2nd year QB going into his 1 season in a new offense and he succeeded. 

That's an awfully narrow category (2nd year QB experiencing a coaching/regime change after his first year). I don't know how many QBs I could name that had that happen regardless of how they did or the talent around them.

Is it ideal? No. It's where Washington finds themselves, however.

I didn't care to read this whole post. Your points are irrelevant to MY POINT. 

1. The first sentence quoted here seems to be your modus operandi.
  2. The second sentence is unclear but very capitalized.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@Woz Wasn’t the worst decade in team history the 60s? We only had one winning season, under Lombardi & we had two back to back seasons where we won just 1 game. Haha 😂 Damn we were some kinda awful. Just saying

We did make the playoffs twice from 2010-2019 and were a contender for the playoffs it in 2016, 17 & 18 until injuries derailed our chances.

IIRC (and I haven't googled it) it was sometime in the 50s and 60s (another 20 year stretch of futility IIRC). IT wasn't until we got Lombardi here for that one year in 1969 that we started to turn it around.

38 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

A Vet who could contribute. Anderson was on the market for a while. Make a trade for a TE.

Okay, Robby Anderson. I'm willing to accept that as better option. Don't know if they reached out or not. Don't know if you would have known to mention him until I wrote his name down.

As for the tight end, who are you trading for? What are you giving up?

26 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Kerrigan would still get his $11.5 mil if we traded him to another team.  Plus we could give him a chance to make the playoffs, which likely isn't happening here.  My guess is Snyder vetoed any Kerrigan trade discussion because he needs someone to sell the casual fans on.  

Okay, that's fair. The question is: was there any team willing to give them something reasonable for Kerrigan? Again, if he just gets Young and Sweat to focus on the craft of keeping themselves healthy and fit, that might be worth his last hurrah.

And yes, there's a part of me who doesn't want to get rid of Kerrigan because he has been the one beacon of hope on this past decade. So, yeah, I could definitely buy Snyder vetoed those decisions.

The way I look at things is it’s a positive that Marcus Baugh made Richard Rogers expendable. I thought Baugh was a dark horse candidate to be a back up TE bc he was ok at Ohio State and he had knowledge of Turner’s offense coming from Carolina but I was shocked he beat out Rogers, Sprinkle, Henteges and Moss. Totally shocked!

Its a good sign also that Gibson showed so well this training camp that they felt comfortable releasing Peterson; our best offensive player since we signed him in 2018.

Third, it’s also a good sign that they felt that Steve Sims progressed enough that they cut Latimer & didn’t sign a for sure starting WR that would definitely beat out Sims, that’s a great sign for what they think of Sims & his development & projection this year.

If we had traded Kerrigan we have Ryan Anderson who could’ve rotated in as the #3 DE. Last year Anderson had 4 sacks - Kerrigan had only 5, it’s true mostly bc of injury though. Anderson also led the defense in forced fumbles with 5 last year.

So, while I love Kerrigan, love what he’s done for this franchise and the leadership he’s showing for not only Young, but Trent Murphy, Preston Smith, Montez Sweat and Ryan Anderson before him, we do have a player we could’ve rotated in who while not starting worthy is serviceable. Then, you take back that mid round pick for Kerrigan and you invest in the OL, TE or WR positions next year. We could’ve had two extra thirds next year if we had traded Kerrigan away to a playoff team bc of the Trent trade also. 

I don’t think Snyder will allow Kerrigan to be traded though, I think that’s his line in the sand.

Edited by turtle28

12 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay, Robby Anderson. I'm willing to accept that as better option. Don't know if they reached out or not. Don't know if you would have known to mention him until I wrote his name down.

As for the tight end, who are you trading for? What are you giving up?

Robby Anderson name didn't just come up because of you. He was a name to answer your question. When Free Agency 1st began was he a top target No because I thought we could get better guys but being as though he's better than what we have I'd pitch a offer. 

Cleveland and the Bucs have TE's available that I'd offer a 4th round pick for with them in my future plans going forward. 

14 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay, that's fair. The question is: was there any team willing to give them something reasonable for Kerrigan? Again, if he just gets Young and Sweat to focus on the craft of keeping themselves healthy and fit, that might be worth his last hurrah.

And yes, there's a part of me who doesn't want to get rid of Kerrigan because he has been the one beacon of hope on this past decade. So, yeah, I could definitely buy Snyder vetoed those decisions.

You don't know if you don't ask around. I'm sure Kerrigan would've got us at least a 4th round pick. And if they handled the Williams situation correctly we could've had a extra 1st round pick. 

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The software engineer in me: depends on whether we're considering a zero-based (2010-2019) or one-based decade system (2011-2020).

But, let's see

32-39: 46-38-8, 0.556
40-49: 65-41-4, 0.609
50-59: 47-70-3, 0.404
60-69: 46-82-10, 0.370
70-79: 91-52-1, 0.635
80-89: 97-55-0, 0.638
90-99: 79-80-1, 0.497
00-09: 70-90-0, 0.438
10-19: 62-97-1, .391

So, yeah, the 60s were worse, but also 22 less games (or about 1.4 less "modern" seasons), so it's just felt that much longer.

For the record if you start on the 1s for the calculations, the most recent ten year block of which this is the last season, then this would be the worst ten year span in franchise history. They need to finish better than 6-10 (6-9-1 would work) to avoid that fate.

32-40: 0.584
41-50: 0.550
51-60: 0.396
61-70: 0.393
71-80: 0.627
81-90: 0.664
91-00: 0.484  (stop for a moment and think how bad it's been ... the franchise went 23-9 in the first two years of this block as well as 10-6 in 1999 ... and still finished below 0.500 for the period)
01-10: 0.425
11-19: 0.392

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

IIRC (and I haven't googled it) it was sometime in the 50s and 60s (another 20 year stretch of futility IIRC). IT wasn't until we got Lombardi here for that one year in 1969 that we started to turn it around.

Gotcha covered, boss.

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

I said months ago I thought the BEST way for Kerrigan was to keep him until the deadline (or sometime around then). He a) has a chance to break the record then and b) we could probably get good value for a team hit with an injury or looking for the extra umph for the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Cleveland and the Bucs have TE's available that I'd offer a 4th round pick for with them in my future plans going forward. 

Both spent 1st rounders on those guys (Howard and Njoku). They might prefer to hold on to them at that price and have 2 TE sets, or in case of injury. 

• Like 1