WR Tyrell Williams placed on IR

RaidersAreOne

It sucks but thankfully we prioritized WR this off season. Hurts to lose a vet who provides solid play in Williams but I am feeling OK about our weapons. Waller will likely be our #1 target, Renfrow is super solid, rookies Ruggs and Edwards should provide impacts early, Agholor is a solid vet, Jones is a fun reclamation project who has potential, etc.

It's still an improvement over last years WRs.

Never a fan of the signing if I'm honest but its a sad way that he'll now probably end his Raiders tenure without really getting to show what he could do. 

The question remains whether we bring in a replacement and if there's even anyone there that would be worth exploring, no point really bringing a guy in at the end if the depth chart, he'd have to be a top 3 or 4 guy. Without a vet we much like CB are looking inexperienced at WR with Agholor and Jones being the oldies of the group. 

We shouldn’t mess around and just get a legit WR1 like JuJu or Allen Robinson next year.

Whats Tennessee’s deal with Corey Davis?  Maybe we could trade for him?  I hate trading picks for 1 year rental players but at this point I’d sacrifice a mid round pick to reduce the chance of a poor offensive output.

Call me a crazy sky is falling guy.... but I can totally see the passing game being poor... a few injuries during the season at WR and we miss the playoffs..... Carr’s getting shipped out.... and we’re in rebuild mode again.  Laugh all you want but these things go to s_hite very quickly.  Williams wasn’t that great... but he was important to a WR core full of rookies and average players.  It’s a big loss.

• Like 1

this is a big blow, because he was our most experienced WR. Still have Waller to feed, this will just force Edwards onto the field sooner. The sky aint falling, injuries happen every year. We have enough depth to hold us over. Going to be fun to see the rookies get thrown into the fire, maybe not at first but they will be forced to grow up sooner than later. ery happy we decided to pick up Agholor and keep Zay even more so now. 

Sucks for TW, he was a perfect fit for DC. He was off to a great start with us before injuries derailed his tenure here. Hes likely done as a Raider. 

• Like 2

Since Williams has a long history of this injury we should have protected ourselves with a contract like Dallas did with McCoy.

And that way we could have released him and not paid him his ‘20 salary.... albeit it’d likely go to Arbitration and we’d likely settle for 33-50%.