Week 1 Raiders at Panthers GDT

agarcia34

Bridgewater went 5-0 with the Saints last year didn’t he? He’s no All Pro but he’s definitely serviceable. CMC is a top 2 RB in the league and Moore and Anderson are legit WRs. Samuel is a speed guy who can do damage. Their OL isn’t the greatest but I look at them as an average offense. I don’t believe they are bottom 10 at all. 

17 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Bridgewater went 5-0 with the Saints last year didn’t he? He’s no All Pro but he’s definitely serviceable. CMC is a top 2 RB in the league and Moore and Anderson are legit WRs. Samuel is a speed guy who can do damage. Their OL isn’t the greatest but I look at them as an average offense. I don’t believe they are bottom 10 at all. 

They're a lot like us. We just have more continuity on the OL and at QB. I think that was the difference today.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Definitely don’t think they’re dynamic but there’s a wide spectrum between dynamic and dumpster fire. 

Of course.... their not a dumpster fire, but there not great.... there’s are tons of offenses like that.  There Sum of their parts don’t equal the whole.

Edited by jimkelly02

Imagine your fist NFL start and you have to play vs Rodney Hudson, Richie Incognito and Gabe Jackson. Tough draw for Derrick Brown. 

Also, Josh Jacobs is reallllly good at football. I know Mayock don’t get the credit for taking him, because it was such an obvious choice. My I’d grateful he did. 

Edited by Geezy

29 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Imagine your fist NFL start and you have to play vs Rodney Hudson, Richie Incognito and Gabe Jackson. Tough draw for Derrick Brown. 

Also, Josh Jacobs is reallllly good at football. I know Mayock don’t get the credit for taking him, because it was such an obvious choice. My I’d grateful he did. 

The talent just popped off the screen with Jacobs. He's such a natural runner. He has gotten bigger in the NFL though. I didn't expect that.

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Brown got the best of Jackson on some plays and blew him back. 

Jacobs is a stud and should fight for that rushing title and if the Raider stay in the playoff hunt he should get some MVP consideration. 

I hope we can be a little more balanced and not give him 20+ every game. I want him to have a long/productive career. I don't want him to get worn down and injured. 

Booker actually looked pretty decent week 1. Hoping to see more from him.

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I hope we can be a little more balanced and not give him 20+ every game. I want him to have a long/productive career. I don't want him to get worn down and injured. 

Booker actually looked pretty decent week 1. Hoping to see more from him.

I know I’m probably alone with this thinking, but I want him to get the 20 plus carries a game. Gotta ride your money makers man. Jacobs never had a heavy work load in college so that is a plus with him and Gruden rode Cadillac Williams in Tampa and I think we will see the same thing. 

Booker did look better than expected as well. He had some nice runs and a nice run after the catch.

19 hours ago, Jerry said:

They're a lot like us. We just have more continuity on the OL and at QB. I think that was the difference today.

19 hours ago, Geezy said:

18 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Of course.... their not a dumpster fire, but there not great.... there’s are tons of offenses like that.  There Sum of their parts don’t equal the whole.

We'll have to see this season but they should be a pretty good offensive team depending on how their OL holds up. They were a slightly below average offense last season with an UDFA QB starting. 

Bridgewater is a definite upgrade over Allen at QB and has a comparable skillset to Carr, IMO. McCaffery is probably the best running back in the league and you can make a case that he's the most dynamic offensive weapon in the league as well. DJ Moore is one of the best young WR's in the league and should be a 1,000+ yard guy again this season. Robby Anderson is essentially a better version of Tyrell Williams as a big deep threat WR. And Curtis Samuel is a good but not great #3 WR. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That route Jacobs ran in the first video is one he should be running 4x per game at least.  He’s so good running that route!  But he can’t always cut inside.... he’s gotta cut outside on occasion to keep LBs honest.  Jacobs on a LB is a serious mismatch and has very good at squeezing out extra YAC when running Down the middle.

in the second clip.... Ritche and Hudson blew big ole’ Derrick Brown back AND outside, and spun him around.  I love Ritchie he’s such a beast!

Edited by jimkelly02

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I know I’m probably alone with this thinking, but I want him to get the 20 plus carries a game. Gotta ride your money makers man. Jacobs never had a heavy work load in college so that is a plus with him and Gruden rode Cadillac Williams in Tampa and I think we will see the same thing. 

Booker did look better than expected as well. He had some nice runs and a nice run after the catch.

I wouldn’t be mad, but within the flow of the game. If he is taking a beating against a tough defense the. 15-20 and use in the pass game. I really feel like he can be a force in the pass game. I really see top 5 RB potential in Jacobs