Season Predictions

theJ

I've been busy the last few weeks, so haven't been able to participate much in terms of thread contributions or creating new.  But i do see we haven't created a season predictions thread yet.

Let's hear your predictions for the following:

Record:

MVP:

OPOY:

DPOY: 

OROY:

DROY:

Comeback Player:

Most Improved:

Here's mine:

Record: 7-9

MVP: AJ Green - big bounce back year for AJ.  He needs it to get a deal.

OPOY: Jonah Williams - i think he'll be a huge stabilizing force for this offense

DPOY: Carl Lawson - i think he finally breaks out on sack numbers

OROY: Joe Burrow - easy one

DROY: Logan Wilson - taking a stab at this. 

Comeback Player: AJ Green

Most Improved: Drew Sample - i think he's going to show up a few people that said he was bust after his quiet rookie season.  

2 hours ago, theJ said:

I've been busy the last few weeks, so haven't been able to participate much in terms of thread contributions or creating new.  But i do see we haven't created a season predictions thread yet.

Record:  I hope for 8-8, but could see anything between 2-14 and 9-7 as plausible.  It comes down to the o-line and the revamped LBs

MVP:  Mixon

OPOY:  Burrow is too easy, so i'll go with Boyd, who is going to go off with the outside guys all hopefully staying healthy.

DPOY:  Dunlap (with 11+ sacks)

OROY: Burrow, because Tee won't get enough touches to be considered, and that leaves Joe vs Adeniji

DROY: ADG will win it with flashier sack numbers, but Wilson will provide more overall.

Comeback Player:  Has to be AJ or Jonah, so i'll say AJ

Most Improved:  Mychal Jordan nudges out Jonah, simply because he has lower expectations, and actually played last year.  Can't give it to Jonah simply because the LT spot will be most improved.

Edited by INbengalfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Super Bowl Champions
19-0
4864 points scored
0 points allowed
MVP: Randy Bullock

Nice.  I see what you did with the point total there ☺️   Won't spoil it for the regulars tho

And if they do pull it off, the kicker can't be MVP, despite the broken records.  Mixon, Burrow, Green, Boyd and Higgins all go straight to Canton as well.  Dunlap and Atkins as well.

Record: 6-10 (keeping expectations low)

MVP: Joe Mixon - I think he builds off the end of 2019 and has a huge year. Hopefully we can see him get involved in the passing game more.

OPOY: Tyler Boyd - Developing into one of the best slot receivers in the league, I think he becomes Joe's best friend/target. 

DPOY: Carlos Dunlap - He seems to get better with age. Someone on the defensive line will win this award. Dunlap is a good bet. 

OROY: Joe Burrow - Tempted to put him as MVP, but refrained. If he's as good as I think he's going to be, he's going to completely turn this franchise around a la Deshaun Watson. 

DROY: Khalid Kareem - Tough one, but I'm going to go with Kareem. He's got a chance to play some meaningful snaps and I like what I've seen from his practice reps. If Lawson misses any time he'll see a sharp uptick in snaps. 

Comeback Player: AJ Green - Most obvious candidate. At this point, I hope we can get 10-12 games out of him. I still think he can be one of the leagues best receivers.

Most Improved: Germaine Pratt - Started to come on and play with more confidence at the end of the year. Hoping for more growth here. I think he has a good chance at developing into our more solid LB. 

10 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Most Improved: Germaine Pratt - Started to come on and play with more confidence at the end of the year. Hoping for more growth here. I think he has a good chance at developing into our more solid LB. 

Ooh, that's a good selection.  And if he is the most improved, it's going to mean a lot for the defense.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:57 AM, theJ said:

Record: 5-11

MVP: Joe Mixon

OPOY: Tyler Boyd

DPOY: Carlos Dunlap

OROY: Joe Burrow

DROY: Logan Wilson

Comeback Player: AJ Green

Most Improved: Drew Sample

This is a building year. We patched some holes in free agency and found our QB of the next decade+. But we still have some obvious holes and unknowns. IMO the biggest unknown is whether or not Taylor is a good NFL coach or he's just a guy who once shook hands with Sean McVey.