1. Pitts

2. Sewell

3. Surtain

4. Slater

5. Horn

6. Trade down

7. Waddle

8. JOK

I'd be really happy with 7 players and 8! different outcomes in round 1. And the reason I don't have Chase or Smith is I don't value the fit enough to go that route...but I wouldn't be upset to land either of them either. It will be really hard for Dallas to mess this up. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Today my newest "this is the order I would draft folks:

1. Pitts

2. Sewell

3. Surtain

4. Slater

5. Horn

6. Trade down

7. Waddle

8. JOK

I'd be really happy with 7 players and 8! different outcomes in round 1. And the reason I don't have Chase or Smith is I don't value the fit enough to go that route...but I wouldn't be upset to land either of them either. It will be really hard for Dallas to mess this up. 

If we stay and pick at #10, Parsons and Rousseau are probably the nightmare scenarios for me, followed by severe disappointment with any other DE.

I don’t have any major issues with your order, besides I thinking Waddle is too low on your list.

Also, my love for JOK has been documented, but I am not holding my breath on them making that pick.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

24 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If we stay and pick at #10, Parsons and Rousseau are probably the nightmare scenarios for me, followed by severe disappointment with any other DE.

I don’t have any major issues with your order, besides I thinking Waddle is too low on your list.

Also, my love for JOK has been documented, but I am not holding my breath on them making that pick.

Waddle above Horn for you? Or Slater?

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Waddle above Horn for you? Or Slater?

Over both. My logic for Pitts and Waddle is the same. They are true matchup nightmares, and help our offense attack in ways we can’t currently.

To me, you probably can’t draft Smith or Chase if you are the Cowboys. They obviously do make a great offense incrementally better, but you have massive holes elsewhere. Pitts and Waddle are multiplier effects. They let you attack in whole new ways, and Waddle is probably even less redundant to what we have than Pitts.

I go back and forth between wether I prefer Waddle to even Surtain, if I’m being honest. Surtain fits like a puzzle piece, and that’s tempting. So I don’t blame anyone who prefers him. 

38 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Over both. My logic for Pitts and Waddle is the same. They are true matchup nightmares, and help our offense attack in ways we can’t currently.

To me, you probably can’t draft Smith or Chase if you are the Cowboys. They obviously do make a great offense incrementally better, but you have massive holes elsewhere. Pitts and Waddle are multiplier effects. They let you attack in whole new ways, and Waddle is probably even less redundant to what we have than Pitts.

I go back and forth between wether I prefer Waddle to even Surtain, if I’m being honest. Surtain fits like a puzzle piece, and that’s tempting. So I don’t blame anyone who prefers him. 

I think Chase can be drafted, but not Smith. I understand the significant similarities between Chase and Lamb, but that pair makes my mouth water. Regardless, if we draft any of the following (in my ranking order) at 10, I’ll probably be happy. Obviously, the expectation is that the higher ranked players will already be gone if we take a guy lower on the list.

1. Sewell

2. Pitts

3. Chase

4. Waddle

5. Surtain

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

I think Chase can be drafted, but not Smith. I understand the significant similarities between Chase and Lamb, but that pair makes my mouth water. Regardless, if we draft any of the following (in my ranking order) at 10, I’ll probably be happy. Obviously, the expectation is that the higher ranked players will already be gone if we take a guy lower on the list.

1. Sewell

2. Pitts

3. Chase

4. Waddle

5. Surtain

I am a little surprised you didn't list Slater. Would he be #6? Especially given how well he mirrors what Martin is - having two Martin players on the inside makes my blood rush.

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

My problem, I am really realizing, I don't know enough about the rest of the draft absent the top-heavy guys. It almost makes me want to package picks and try to double-dip in round 1. 

If we sign Jarran Reed and draft Surtain at 10, the only player I’d consider leaping back into the 1st round for is Moehrig. Otherwise, I don’t think I would. Plus, the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this draft are where the real value is in this draft, so keeping those picks is wise. 

Edited by plan9misfit

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am a little surprised you didn't list Slater. Would he be #6? Especially given how well he mirrors what Martin is - having two Martin players on the inside makes my blood rush.

Slater is 6th, yes. I didn’t list him because I fully expect one of the 5 players I listed to be available, thus making him an odd man out.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

If we sign Jarran Reed and draft Surtain at 10, the only player I’d consider leaping back into the 1st round for is Moehrig. Otherwise, I don’t think I would. Pkus, the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this draft are where the real value is in this draft, so keeping those picks is wise. 

I can believe it at CB and a few other spots - it's just I know so little of them. I haven't dedicated the time this year as in years past. I rely on the collective wisdom as a result. 

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I can believe it at CB and a few other spots - it's just I know so little of them. I haven't dedicated the time this year as in years past. I rely on the collective wisdom as a result. 

To me, this draft only has about 10-12 true first round picks, but a great many second round talents.

34 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

There is going to be a solid handful of really good players worthy of the #44 pick. The goal should be figuring out how to come away with 2 or 3 of these guys below. Not trading away our opportunities to nab multiple.

CB

• Joseph
  • Campbell
  • Stokes
  • Newsom
  • Samuel Jr.
  • Robinson
  • Melifonwu

DT

• Barmore
  • Onwuzurike
  • McNeill

LB

• Cox
  • Browning
  • Davis
  • Bolton

S

• Grant
  • Moehrig

OL

• Mayfield 
  • Jenkins
  • Leatherwood
  • Radunz
  • Eichenberg
  • Cosmi

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

OL

• Mayfield 
  • Jenkins
  • Leatherwood
  • Radunz
  • Eichenberg
  • Cosmi

I’d add Spencer Brown to that list. His size and speed are going to be hard to overlook. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

LB

• Cox
  • Browning
  • Davis
  • Bolton

Really curious about this group at 44, regardless of what Dallas does in FA here on out. Really believe LVE and Smith are on short leashes going forward. Love Cox’s potential in this scheme.

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Really curious about this group at 44, regardless of what Dallas does in FA here on out. Really believe LVE and Smith are on short leashes going forward. Love Cox’s potential in this scheme.

I agree. I also like the idea of waiting until just 1 is left on the board, and then trading up from #75 for that guy.