2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

We’d still need a FS (because I think JOK would move to SS), but we’d have 3 of the 4 starting DB spots locked up. This is where I’d look to a guy like Andre Cisco in the 3rd/4th round if his knee checks out.

I’m thinking (🤞) Hooker or Kaz are signed. But, I have no illusions about JOK even being there at 44. I’d be shocked to say the least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quiller said:

I was viewing Horn end of 1st beg of 2nd but with Farley dropping Horn probably moves up a lot. 

But based on Brandts list... 

I could see us doing ...

Parsons - Stokes or Newsome II -  OL - shelvin  DT though we need another FA safety for this to work.. I went with OL at 75 because at this spot most of the good value is at OL - LB or CB but we could double up LB and CB if need be.  I know Neal will play some LB rotation but adding one more playmaker that can be around the LOS would help a lot.   

Surtain CB- Grant S - Browning LB - Shelvin DT     this really works for me as there are suitable OL to be had in the 4th round who would immediately upgrade our depth... and with what we already have in FA we could get BPA after that with no worries.. 

I don’t want any part of Micah Parsons.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t want any part of Micah Parsons.

I don't know if I want him either but I could see him being a attractive option to the Jones. Personally my first choice is Surtain. Still having Parsons with Neal would greatly improve our run D and stopping all those swing passes to backs that have killed us in the past. Basically I think it will come down to Parsons, Surtain or Horn.  Though there also is a chance if Pitts is there and Jerry gets a burr he may over rule and we take Pitts. 

1 hour ago, quiller said:

I don't know if I want him either but I could see him being a attractive option to the Jones. Personally my first choice is Surtain. Still having Parsons with Neal would greatly improve our run D and stopping all those swing passes to backs that have killed us in the past. Basically I think it will come down to Parsons, Surtain or Horn.  Though there also is a chance if Pitts is there and Jerry gets a burr he may over rule and we take Pitts. 

If Pitts is there, take him. 

Twitter is trying to convince people that Greg Newsome belongs in the conversation with Surtain and Horn. Please don’t be that guy.

Even if you do think Newsome is a slightly better player or has slightly more upside (he’s not, and doesn’t), he still has undeniably less experience, fewer years of good tape, less pedigree, and more injury history (got hurt every year). And it’s not like he’s some ballhawk that Horn and Surtain aren’t (1 career INT).

Take the guys who might as well have been bred by the U.S. Government to be cornerbacks. Heaven help the fan base who root for a team that prefers Newsome.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

How is an athlete as freaky as Jayson Oweh so unproductive? It’s insane.

Yep, it simply doesn’t compute. Even with zero football IQ and no moves, one would assume based on pure speed and explosion he would have put up something. 

Edited by WizardHawk

On 3/24/2021 at 12:56 PM, quiller said:

I like Horn, sadly with those numbers not gonna be there at 44.  Am unsure about him as having the upside that Surtain does but would not cry in my beer if we take him at 10.  If we can drop to 15-20 then he would be the perfect pick I think. 

I don’t think Horn makes it past 12.  With Horn moving up as a top 15 pick, we have a good chance to get an elite player on defense. Exciting news.