2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think you are in the minority of people who think it’s CB or bust at 10. I’m guessing the Cowboys don’t feel that way. If someone trades up to get Surtain because they are worried about us, so be it.

Even if Pitts, Waddle, and Slater don’t excite you, maybe that makes Tre Lance fall to us and we get a great trade down offer.

I mean, it's more that I'm curious which direction they'd go. I don't think our FO would use a 3rd straight first rounder on WR. And I don't think Pitts will be available. Slater makes some sense but he's probably a distant third for me behind Surtain and Pitts. Still have over a month to go, though.

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I mean, it's more that I'm curious which direction they'd go. I don't think our FO would use a 3rd straight first rounder on WR. And I don't think Pitts will be available. Slater makes some sense but he's probably a distant third for me behind Surtain and Pitts. Still have over a month to go, though.

You can pretty safely say 3 QBs, Chase, and Sewell will be gone. 4 picks until Dallas, and 5 interesting names... Pitts, Waddle, Slater, Surtain, and Lance. Someone has to fall.

If you don’t think they’d take Waddle, then I guess that’s your worst case scenario. But I love the fit for him in Dallas. In my mind, a stud will be there at 10. Just don’t mess it up and take Parsons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You can pretty safely say 3 QBs, Chase, and Sewell will be gone. 4 picks until Dallas, and 5 interesting names... Pitts, Waddle, Slater, Surtain, and Lance. Someone has to fall.

If you don’t think they’d take Waddle, then I guess that’s your worst case scenario. But I love the fit for him in Dallas. In my mind, a stud will be there at 10. Just don’t mess it up and take Parsons. 

Man, I swear to god... lol. I was just thinking today that if Surtain's off the board, Parsons might be the only other defensive player that "deserves" to go Top 10. I wouldn't put it past our team- god knows we love drafting LBs.

But yeah for me Surtain and Pitts are basically neck and neck, and I'd hope we can trade down with someone wanting a QB, LT, or WR if they're both gone.

14 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Man, I swear to god... lol. I was just thinking today that if Surtain's off the board, Parsons might be the only other defensive player that "deserves" to go Top 10. I wouldn't put it past our team- god knows we love drafting LBs.

But yeah for me Surtain and Pitts are basically neck and neck, and I'd hope we can trade down with someone wanting a QB, LT, or WR if they're both gone.

Very open to trade down option. Going down a few spots and landing Horn is very appealing.

And yeah, we burn it down if we take Parsons.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Imagine if we lost to the Eagles at the end of the year. Would be in a much better spot.

7 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Imagine if we lost to the Eagles at the end of the year. Would be in a much better spot.

We can play the what-if game all day. We are in a great spot.

At the end of the day, they need to execute. Last year, we were in a seemingly terrible spot, but then Ruggs and Terrell went in the top-16, and set our draft up beautifully. Fortunately, this year, we don’t need other teams to do us favors. We just need to not be the team that drafts Ruggs or Terrell.

23 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I wonder who Dallas would look at for Bama...

I know people like to read into stuff like this, but Alabama has an absurd amount of talent, most of whom might interest Dallas:

• Jaylen Waddle
  • DeVonte Smith
  • Patrick Surtain Jr
  • Mac Jones
  • Alex Leatherwood
  • Najee Harris
  • Christian Barmore
  • Landon Dickerson
  • Dylan Moses
  • Deonte Brown

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I know people like to read into stuff like this, but Alabama has an absurd amount of talent, most of whom might interest Dallas:

• Jaylen Waddle
  • DeVonte Smith
  • Patrick Surtain Jr
  • Mac Jones
  • Alex Leatherwood
  • Najee Harris
  • Christian Barmore
  • Landon Dickerson
  • Dylan Moses
  • Deonte Brown

Both our HC and our DC are at Bama. Very nice. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

My gut tells me that there will be a “surprise” pick in the top 10 as well; a guy who few of the mock draft analysts really considered, because it seems to happen every year (with the exception of last year, where is basically went as most people expected). I wouldn’t be at all surprised if either JOK or Azeez Ojulari are off the board before we pick. This would cause another top player to slide, thus enhancing our chances at landing a stud, or opening up the opportunity to trade down.

15 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Parsons isn’t worth a top 10 pick, but I believe that a reasonable argument can be made for Ojulari, JOK, Rousseau, and possibly Jaelan Phillips (although I would disagree with that). 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I wonder who Dallas would look at for Bama...

Good God, the list is literally a mile long:

CB Patrick Surtain

WR Jaylen Waddle

WR DeVonta Smith

LB Dylan Moses

DT Christian Barmore

OT Alex Leatherwood

OG Deonte Brown

And that’s just off the top of my head.

7 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Parsons isn’t worth a top 10 pick, but I believe that a reasonable argument can be made for Ojulari, JOK, Rousseau, and possibly Jaelan Phillips (although I would disagree with that). 

JOK 100% and Ojulari if you squint.

But, IMO, the argument for Parsons in the top-10 is better than Rousseau and Phillips. The former is not a good football player, the latter is a concussion away from retirement.