2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

52 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I think I asked this already,  but I'm getting old.    If both Chase and Pitts are there, you still taking Pitts?  

Yes, because I have Pitts as the higher rated player, and because he'd open up more opportunities for the other WRs on the team due to the mismatches that he creates against LBs and Safeties. And this is coming from someone who loves Ja'Marr Chase.

52 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Afraid he will 'Kwity' on the team?   I never understood why people were mocking him top 15 for a good run DE with the potential for pass rush.  

He won't quit on the team. He's just a guy with incredible athleticism, but zero on-field production. If you told me he projects to be a 4th round rotational guy, then I'd be on board. But a 1st rounder? Feh.

58 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Afraid he will 'Kwity' on the team?   I never understood why people were mocking him top 15 for a good run DE with the potential for pass rush.  

Lol yes that was the pun I was going for

But really I saw him being mocked to us in late November/early December (back when were projected to land the 4th overall pick) and the description of the pick basically called him a 3-4 DE. I immediately thought “yeah, that’s definitely not happening.”

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Yes, because I have Pitts as the higher rated player, and because he'd open up more opportunities for the other WRs on the team due to the mismatches that he creates against LBs and Safeties. And this is coming from someone who loves Ja'Marr Chase.

I have come around on taking Pitts over Chase.  It's mainly because there are so many 3rd and 4th rd wr options.  We can grab a slot guy like Eskrich or Dyami Brown, and move Cee Dee outside after Gallup leaves.  Plus I'd love if we can run and pass out of the same formation.  

Ran a new mock with the new draft order. There's no way it shakes out like this.

10. Kyle Pitts TE, Florida
44. Christian Barmore IDL, Alabama
75. Tyson Campbell CB, Georgia
99. Ar'Darius Washington S, TCU
115. Tyler Shelvin IDL, LSU
138. Adetokunbo Ogundeji EDGE, Notre Dame
179. Anthony Schwartz WR, Auburn
192. Jack Anderson IOL, Texas Tech
227. Marco Wilson CB, Florida
238. Royce Newman OT, Ole Miss

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Ran a new mock with the new draft order. There's no way it shakes out like this.

10. Kyle Pitts TE, Florida
44. Christian Barmore IDL, Alabama
75. Tyson Campbell CB, Georgia
99. Ar'Darius Washington S, TCU
115. Tyler Shelvin IDL, LSU
138. Adetokunbo Ogundeji EDGE, Notre Dame
179. Anthony Schwartz WR, Auburn
192. Jack Anderson IOL, Texas Tech
227. Marco Wilson CB, Florida
238. Royce Newman OT, Ole Miss

If you could guarantee those first 4 to 5 picks then I wouldn’t be so down on Pitts at 10. 

I’m really curious what Dallas is thinking about DT. Broaddus was saying that he’s heard from people around the league that Brent Urban was a home run signing. And reading reports from a lot of different people, he seems like a really good run defender.

I kind of wonder if Dallas feels ok at the position, with a Gallimore/Hill rotation at 3T and Urban/Woods at 1T.

Obviously that’s not an elite group, but you can go out and play with them. If they draft someone, they might be more interested in the guys who can do a little of both. Marlon Tuipulotu, Alim McNeill, Marvin Wilson could all make some sense starting in round 3. 

6 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m really curious what Dallas is thinking about DT. Broaddus was saying that he’s heard from people around the league that Brent Urban was a home run signing. And reading reports from a lot of different people, he seems like a really good run defender.

I kind of wonder if Dallas feels ok at the position, with a Gallimore/Hill rotation at 3T and Urban/Woods at 1T.

Obviously that’s not an elite group, but you can go out and play with them. If they draft someone, they might be more interested in the guys who can do a little of both. Marlon Tuipulotu, Alim McNeill, Marvin Wilson could all make some sense starting in round 3. 

Even if Urban was a great signing,  we only signed him for a year.   Love to get Shelvin/Wilson at 99 to rotate and develop.

19 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

PFF discussed which positions groups are the strongest in the draft:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-best-position-groups 

If you are trying to read tea leaves, this might be why we went (relatively) hard after DT and Safety in FA. I wouldn’t bank on anything before #99 at those positions.

I wouldn't hate on punting on FS this year. 

You know. That eagles trade is so benificial. It gives us a much better chance of Pitts falling. 

1. Pitts 2. Sewell 3. Slater 4. Surtain 5. Horn 6. Waddle

I can see a world where 4 of them are available. And. If that's the case. I'd almost want to see what NE can offer for the last first round QB. 

46 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

You know. That eagles trade is so benificial. It gives us a much better chance of Pitts falling. 

1. Pitts 2. Sewell 3. Slater 4. Surtain 5. Horn 6. Waddle

I can see a world where 4 of them are available. And. If that's the case. I'd almost want to see what NE can offer for the last first round QB. 

We’ve talked a lot about the CBs you can get in round 2, but the offensive linemen at #44 might even be better. That moves Slater down for me a bit.

My wish list right now is the same group of players, but different order: Sewell-Pitts-Surtain-Waddle-Slater-Horn (though ask me tomorrow and I might swap Waddle ahead of Surtain).

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We’ve talked a lot about the CBs you can get in round 2, but the offensive linemen at #44 might even be better. That moves Slater down for me a bit.

My wish list right now is the same group of players, but different order: Sewell-Pitts-Surtain-Waddle-Slater-Horn (though ask me tomorrow and I might swap Waddle ahead of Surtain).

Let me ask this...if we picked 6th overall. Would that change you list at all? 

I think that would move CBs lower and I'd almost certainly want a trade down. 

In the event I didn't get a trade down I think I'd be just pitts and sewell or bust.