2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

He’s going to be our 2nd pick, he fits the  uber talented oft injured bill of players that Jerry loves to gamble on in the late 1st and 2nd round. I wouldn’t be surprised if we go offense at 10 if we trade up to get him. It’s just what our FO does.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

This is a bummer. Probably not effecting his stock any, but I’d like to have seen some numbers just for curiosity sake. 

Agree. I’d guess that even if he’s healed, he’s just not feeling 100% trained for his pro day because of the injury. But he’s certainly approaching 4.2 territory as an athlete, for sure.

I guess it’s time to add Jamar Johnson to the safety wish list. I’ve seen his name floated around for some time, but here in the past week he’s now being mentioned as a top 50 prospect. 

Going to have some free time tomorrow, so looks like a good homework project.

10 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I guess it’s time to add Jamar Johnson to the safety wish list. I’ve seen his name floated around for some time, but here in the past week he’s now being mentioned as a top 50 prospect. 

Going to have some free time tomorrow, so looks like a good homework project.

I knew that he was a top 100 guy, but top 50? That’s a big jump given the talent in this draft.

15 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I knew that he was a top 100 guy, but top 50? That’s a big jump given the talent in this draft.

Thought the same. The recent PFF ranking has him 41 overall. Jeff Cavanaugh mentioned him as a potential guy at 44. I’ve snooped a little and so far I’m impressed. Not sure why his name hasn’t popped up more and why now is he getting this kind of push?

16 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Thought the same. The recent PFF ranking has him 41 overall. Jeff Cavanaugh mentioned him as a potential guy at 44. I’ve snooped a little and so far I’m impressed. Not sure why his name hasn’t popped up more and why now is he getting this kind of push?

Yeah, buzz for Jamar Johnson has been as loud as any prospect over the last week or so, save maybe Jamin Davis.

People do seem to have some mixed feelings, but I am intrigued. I haven’t had a chance to watch him yet.