2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

5 hours ago, quiller said:

I really want to see us get a athletic FS with speed in this draft some where by round 4...

I personally would not grab Surtain at 10 then another CB at 44. At that spot LB has so many interesting options, or even OL makes more sense.  Now if Moehrig is there then you grab him. 

This draft has a lot of really solid FS prospects in it in the first 3-4 rounds. It’s a mediocre draft for SS, though.

I know all these decisions depend on how the draft plays out, who’s available and what not. But I think it’s odd that the majority of us would draft Pitts/Waddle/Chase without batting an eye but wouldn’t double down on CB if we drafted Surtain and Farley tumbled to the 2nd round. Granted the decision on him specifically depends on his health. But the argument that we’d have too many CBs, and one would have to sit is silly to me since we play probably 75% in sub packages. I would absolutely double down if that opportunity presented itself, you can’t have enough good CBs. Plus, anything I can do to keep Lewis/Brown/Robinson off the field the better IMO. 

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

This draft has a lot of really solid FS prospects in it in the first 3-4 rounds. It’s a mediocre draft for SS, though.

Also wouldn't mind Jevon Holland

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I know all these decisions depend on how the draft plays out, who’s available and what not. But I think it’s odd that the majority of us would draft Pitts/Waddle/Chase without batting an eye but wouldn’t double down on CB if we drafted Surtain and Farley tumbled to the 2nd round. Granted the decision on him specifically depends on his health. But the argument that we’d have too many CBs, and one would have to sit is silly to me since we play probably 75% in sub packages. I would absolutely double down if that opportunity presented itself, you can’t have enough good CBs. Plus, anything I can do to keep Lewis/Brown/Robinson off the field the better IMO. 

At worst you blew a pick on a guy with a faulty body, and at best, you our putting a guy suited to be an outside cornerback into the slot.

I’m not against doubling down at CB. And I’m honestly not 100% against Farley. But there are other guys with more complimentary skill sets (Samuel, Molden, Robinson) without the injury concerns, if that’s the route you want to go.

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Regardless of who else is there? Down vote.

Bad job out of me....I had to get back to work and cut this short. So for clarification, by regardless of who is there, I'm taking into account the guys that I believe are gone...Pitts, Sewell, Chase, and the QBs. So, Slater over Waddle, Smith, the CBs, etc, is where I was headed.

Edited by WizardHawk

I’ve not been a huge fan of the DL in this class, but just I just watched Carlos Basham, and he is one that has real potential to be a dude.

They gave him some 3T play in the Senior Bowl, and that’s 100% where he belongs, IMO. He has more than enough room to add some weight and he’ll terrorize guards and centers with his length, explosion, and quickness. I actually think I’d take him over Barmore or Onwuzurike, if that was their vision for him. I’m a lot less intrigued by his potential as an Edge.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Bad job out of me....I had to get back to work and cut this short. So for clarification, by regardless of who is there, I'm taking into account the guys that I believe are gone...Pitts, Sewell, Chase, and the QBs. So, Slater over Waddle, Smith, the CBs, etc, is where I was headed.

I’m still team Surtain and Waddle.

We do have to look into Farley and his injury history.

Seems like every ******* year our defence is decimated by injuries , we also actively need to start projecting and picking healthier players.

He is special though, there’s no question about that. But the back problems really scare me tbh 

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’ve not been a huge fan of the DL in this class, but just I just watched Carlos Basham, and he is one that has real potential to be a dude.

They gave him some 3T play in the Senior Bowl, and that’s 100% where he belongs, IMO. He has more than enough room to add some weight and he’ll terrorize guards and centers with his length, explosion, and quickness. I actually think I’d take him over Barmore or Onwuzurike, if that was their vision for him. I’m a lot less intrigued by his potential as an Edge.

I think we can grab him in the second. Would be a good place to justify his value. I do feel like there are other pass rushers we can look at.

Honestly I’m not opposed to the idea of Jaelen Philips at 10.