2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Like I said, I would not be surprised if LB is the target at 44. It's looking like LVE's fifth-year option won't be exercised and Jaylon is year-to-year at this point. I think 2nd tier at LB behind Parsons and JOK is cementing in the four of Collins, Davis, Bolton and Cox- almost no chance that group is wiped out by our second pick. Just hope they don't trade up for any of them.

I think Browning is in the group, too.

12 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think Browning is in the group, too.

Fair enough, though I'd have him fifth in that bunch and feel more comfortable with him at 75. Just feels like we're overdue for a 2nd round LB, lol. It's a hard sell to trade up for a rookie-year backup at that position, so knock on wood that the FO recognizes that, but we know they heavily value the position and might well need two new starters for 2022.

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Fair enough, though I'd have him fifth in that bunch and feel more comfortable with him at 75. Just feels like we're overdue for a 2nd round LB, lol. It's a hard sell to trade up for a rookie-year backup at that position, so knock on wood that the FO recognizes that, but we know they heavily value the position and might well need two new starters for 2022.

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, I’ll move up from #75, and get a combo like Leatherwood/Cox or something, rather than trading up from #44 for Davis.

Do people like McNeil better then Shelvin at DT.    I have either of those as my top choice for pick 99.

I say it's 50/50 Surtain is our pick at 10.  But there is a ton of options and directions we can go.

if we go Offense at 10 do we try and trade up enough to get Newsome early 2nd round.  I am not interested in Farely great talent but do not want another high rated D player who dropped due to injury issue.   Stay put at 44 then reach for Samual Jr or Cox or Davis at LB.

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Do people like McNeil better then Shelvin at DT.    I have either of those as my top choice for pick 99.

I say it's 50/50 Surtain is our pick at 10.  But there is a ton of options and directions we can go.

if we go Offense at 10 do we try and trade up enough to get Newsome early 2nd round.  I am not interested in Farely great talent but do not want another high rated D player who dropped due to injury issue.   Stay put at 44 then reach for Samual Jr or Cox or Davis at LB.

McNeill is the better player between the two. Shelvin is stronger, but his conditioning is very poor.

And now for a completely unrealistic mock.  I just pick them as the simulator says they are available.  After this one I'm just going to stop the mocks and wait for the real thing.

10: R1 P10 CB Patrick Surtain II - Alabama

44: R2 P12 LB Micah Parsons - Penn State

75: R3 P11 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa

99: R3 P35 DL Jay Tufele - USC

115: R4 P10 EDGE Payton Turner - Houston

138: R4 P33 WR Anthony Schwartz - Auburn

179: R5 P35 CB Israel Mukuamu - South Carolina

192: R6 P8 LB Jamin Davis - Kentucky

227: R6 P43 S Divine Deablo - Virginia Tech

238: R7 P10 QB Davis Mills - Stanford

1 hour ago, Northland said:

And now for a completely unrealistic mock.  I just pick them as the simulator says they are available.  After this one I'm just going to stop the mocks and wait for the real thing.

LOL....You got to find a new simulator to work from. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northland said:

I’d take that draft in a heartbeat. I can’t imagine how three potential 1st round LBs could fall that far, but hey, you can’t beat the value.