2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The only benefit is that Philly doesn’t have a QB who’d be able to throw the ball to them accurately, anyway. Hurts sucks.

Sure his accuracy needs work. But we have seen numerous times what a really good receiver can do for a QB.

And if Hurts still sucks and Philly dumps him, I still don't want to deal with Chase twice a year

53 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The only benefit is that Philly doesn’t have a QB who’d be able to throw the ball to them accurately, anyway. Hurts sucks.

There is something to be said about letting the Eagles get a superstar receiver to make Hurts occasionally show just enough promise to make the Eagles invest in him long-term.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There is something to be said about letting the Eagles get a superstar receiver to make Hurts occasionally show just enough promise to make the Eagles invest in him long-term.

Ah, yes, the QB/team purgatory approach. Succeed just enough to keep fans believing that “next year” is their year, without ever winning anything.

Edited by plan9misfit

10 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Ah, yes, the QB/team purgatory approach. Succeed just enough to keep fans believing that “next year” is their year, without ever winning anything.

Next year is the year?  Why am I familiar with this theme/belief?  Where have I heard it before?

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Seeing a trend of Penei Sewell falling a bit in these mocks. McShay has him falling to #13 here. It’s interesting, if Cincy opts for a pass catcher, there isn’t a super obvious landing spot for him. Maybe he’ll actually be in play for Dallas.

So, we'd draft Horn in the 1st and Barmore in the 2nd. That wouldn't suck at all.

Edited by plan9misfit

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

So, we'd draft Horn in the 1st and Barmore in the 2nd. That wouldn't suck at all.

It wouldn’t suck, but I’d be pretty disappointed to pass on Sewell.

I also find Barmore’s drop lately to be pretty interesting. I wonder if there is more to it than meets the eye. His close to the season was reminiscent of Nick Fairley’s rise back in 2010, but all of the analysts have spontaneously started mocking him later and later into the 2nd round. Maybe there’s a personality/work ethic/off field/injury issue that hasn’t been made public yet.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It wouldn’t suck, but I’d be pretty disappointed to pass on Sewell.

I also find Barmore’s drop lately to be pretty interesting. I wonder if there is more to it than meets the eye. His close to the season was reminiscent of Nick Fairley’s rise back in 2010, but all of the analysts have spontaneously started mocking him later and later into the 2nd round. Maybe there’s a personality/work ethic/off field/injury issue that hasn’t been made public yet.

Perhaps. It's certainly worth investigating. And, like we talked about some weeks ago, I think many of the players who opted out in 2020 will slide a bit. That said, I figured it would really only apply to players with 2nd round (and later) grades, not 1st round guys.

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Perhaps. It's certainly worth investigating. And, like we talked about some weeks ago, I think many of the players who opted out in 2020 will slide a bit. That said, I figured it would really only apply to players with 2nd round (and later) grades, not 1st round guys.

I think you might have misread my post. The 1st paragraph was about Sewell, the 2nd paragraph was about Barmore.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think you might have misread my post. The 1st paragraph was about Sewell, the 2nd paragraph was about Barmore.

I didn't misread it. I just didn't comment on Sewell. If anything, perhaps that slide should be investigated as well. Could he possibly have character issues, too?

7 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I didn't misread it. I just didn't comment on Sewell. If anything, perhaps that slide should be investigated as well. Could he possibly have character issues, too?

Oh, I was confused because you mentioned the opt-out, since Barmore didn’t opt out.

With Sewell, I think he’s more a victim of all the QBs and pass catchers.