2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

10 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Neither do I. 

If it happens (still an insane if, IMO), that means 5 QBs are likely to go in the top-9. In that case, I don't think you can rule out any other position player from being available at #10. It probably even opens up scenarios for Sewell to fall.

If Jones goes 3, but only 4 QBs get drafted before #10 get drafted, then we might be in a good position for a trade-down bounty for Lance/Fields. Our trade leverage might depend on whether teams think Philly is a threat to draft the last of the 5 QBs at #12.

This is going to be a fun draft.

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If it happens (still an insane if, IMO), that means 5 QBs are likely to go in the top-9. In that case, I don't think you can rule out any other position player from being available at #10. It probably even opens up scenarios for Sewell to fall.

If Jones goes 3, but only 4 QBs get drafted before #10 get drafted, then we might be in a good position for a trade-down bounty for Lance/Fields. Our trade leverage might depend on whether teams think Philly is a threat to draft the last of the 5 QBs at #12.

Going to be interesting for sure.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I completely agree. If - and I think it’s a huge “if” - Mac Jones indeed goes #3, then I think all 5 QBs will go in the top 9 (whether that means the teams stay put and draft them or teams trade up for them). That will likely push Pitts or Waddle down the boards.

Edited by plan9misfit

And, the more I think about it, the more I feel like Atlanta can become the key to whether Pitts makes it to #10 or not. Depending on how committed they are to Matt Ryan, they could leverage that into a trade with Carolina, knowing the Panthers are desperate for a long term solution at QB. 

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Jeremiah has always had Slater above Sewell (previously 7 & 9). #12 is quite low for Sewell, but he still seems alone on an island on this.

Jamin Davis up to #24. Jeremiah is not on an island with this one. Starting to think Davis might legit end up in the 1st round.

Re: the Miami Pro Day

Rousseau - People are freaking out about how poorly he performed, but there is nothing new here. Draft him at the same spot you’d draft Taco Charlton again, IMO. This guy is not an NFL star.

Phillips - Guy can be an NFL star, also nothing new here. But I am still so hesitant to draft a guy who almost retired because of concussions. I’m interested at #44, maybe.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Re: the Miami Pro Day

Rousseau - People are freaking out about how poorly he performed, but there is nothing new here. Draft him at the same spot you’d draft Taco Charlton again, IMO. This guy is not an NFL star.

Phillips - Guy can be an NFL star, also nothing new here. But I am still so hesitant to draft a guy who almost retired because of concussions. I’m interested at #44, maybe.

I don’t trust Rousseau as far as I can throw him. Mediocre athlete, very raw and unrefined technique, one year of production, and he took the season off? No, thanks.