5. Molden
  6. Stokes
  7. Joseph
  8. Campbell
  9. Samuel
  10. Melifonwu
  11. Robinson
  12. Adebo

It's amazing to me that really strong prospects like Samuel, Melifonwu, and Robinson could be 9-10-11, when last year, the 9th-11th CB picks were relative scrubs Kristian Fulton, Michael Ojemudia, and Cam Dantzler.

You obviously can't wait until the 3rd round to pick your CB, but Ojemudia was picked 77. There may be a blinking light sitting there in the 3rd round at the position for a nice double-up.

Given that depth, and us having two 3rd round picks, I’d strongly consider taking a CB in the 3rd, even if we draft one in the 1st or 2nd round. As little as I like DBs, the value may be too good to pass up.

Plus, I don’t have any confidence that we’d use a high-to-mid round draft pick on a 1T defensive tackle, anyway.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yuck.

Torn ACL. Missed time with back spasms. Opted out. Now missing his pro day because of "minor" back surgery.

I absolutely love the tape and potential. But this is not good. I will be shocked if Dallas drafts this dude at #10.

I wonder if he slips to round 2 now. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yuck.

Torn ACL. Missed time with back spasms. Opted out. Now missing his pro day because of "minor" back surgery.

I absolutely love the tape and potential. But this is not good. I will be shocked if Dallas drafts this dude at #10.

Yea that’s a bummer for this kid and def a red flag. He was my favorite CB of the bunch but I wouldn’t touch him at 10 anymore. Maybe a trade down into the mid 20s, maybe. More than likely I’d just make my pick and if somehow he fell to us in the 2nd I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Now that the CB position in the early 1st took a hit (Surtain/Horn are the only real options) with his injury, we really have to watch out for Denver (who just got their CB in Fuller) trading out of the 9 spot to a CB needy team that wants to jump us.

6 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Yea that’s a bummer for this kid and def a red flag. He was my favorite CB of the bunch but I wouldn’t touch him at 10 anymore. Maybe a trade down into the mid 20s, maybe. More than likely I’d just make my pick and if somehow he fell to us in the 2nd I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Now that the CB position in the early 1st took a hit (Surtain/Horn are the only real options) with his injury, we really have to watch out for Denver (who just got their CB in Fuller) trading out of the 9 spot to a CB needy team that wants to jump us.

I'm starting to feel like someone in the 4-8 range is just gonna stay put and make a "surprise" pick in Surtain. Several of those teams could use a CB and there just aren't many defensive prospects worth a Top 10 pick this year, period.

Agreed that Denver could still hurt us by trading down though. Until/unless we sign a vet to play opposite Diggs, we might as well be telegraphing to every team that we plan to go CB early.

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

WR 1

TE 1

Weapon 1

Player 1

Not a snowballs chance in hell he makes it to 10. He makes it past 5 I’ll be surprised.

Feel bad for Farley. Guessing the injury history is going to cost him 10 spots or so.

Edited by WizardHawk

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yuck.

I think a number of teams will move him down their boards and we just may see Surtain go earlier than projected.  

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

If he’s there at 10, he’s my pick.

4.46 is obscene for a guy his size.  He will go high for sure.  I heard someone today say if the Jets commit to Darnold then Pitts should be their pick.  That's speculation but I think the Bengals and Eagles are looking hard at Pitts.

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I'm starting to feel like someone in the 4-8 range is just gonna stay put and make a "surprise" pick in Surtain. Several of those teams could use a CB and there just aren't many defensive prospects worth a Top 10 pick this year, period.

Agreed that Denver could still hurt us by trading down though. Until/unless we sign a vet to play opposite Diggs, we might as well be telegraphing to every team that we plan to go CB early.

I think you are in the minority of people who think it’s CB or bust at 10. I’m guessing the Cowboys don’t feel that way. If someone trades up to get Surtain because they are worried about us, so be it.

Even if Pitts, Waddle, and Slater don’t excite you, maybe that makes Tre Lance fall to us and we get a great trade down offer.