The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

47 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Completely disagree on the running game we averaged 4.8 yards per carry which was like 4th in the league and better than SanFrans 4.7 per carry we were 15th in yards which is mid pack, but we were near bottom in attempts the top teams had over 500 attempts we had 400 nobody else really got any carries but Jacobs and yes you run the ball more when you have leads in games which we barely had.

Did we not blow like 5 2 score leads? We legit barely passed against the rams in the second half?
Raiders had leads, first time ive seen someone argue we didnt. 
Ari, KC, Jax, and Rams are all games we had big leads . . which you should be able to run and kill the clock. 

When teams knew we wanted to run, we struggled. Hence 12 rushing tds, bottom 10 in NFL. 

Part of our problem, we became predictable.

Not sure how you can completely disagree that we were an average run team. 
17th in yards
bottom 6 in TDs 
below average in 10 yard runs
12 in 1st down runs

Yes our ypc was good, but if we were actually able to get 4.8 yards per carry, do you not think we wouldve just ran every play? and scored every drive? 
it doesnt work like that unfortunately. 

When we became 1 dimensional, we were easy to shut down. 

This was not a great running team.
If we were great, what do you call the eagles who had nearly 3 times the TDs as the Raiders lol

• Like 2

just in case Its not completely clear; as you said, you run the ball more when you have leads. 

Raiders blew 5 half time leads (4? by mult scores)

-
Since you run the ball when you have leads, and we failed to protect those leads, that to me screams, not a great running game. 

Average, like I said 😀

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

C'mon bro. He's also not the reason they won. Jimmy G is solid, but not somebody that will elevate the team.

The facts of the matter don't lie, in 2022, 2021, 2019 where Garoppolo played the majority of the games they had a winning record. 13-3 twice and 10-7. In 2017, 18, and 20 when Garoppolo went down early 4-12 and 6-10.

59 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Did we not blow like 5 2 score leads? We legit barely passed against the rams in the second half?
Raiders had leads, first time ive seen someone argue we didnt. 
Ari, KC, Jax, and Rams are all games we had big leads . . which you should be able to run and kill the clock. 

When teams knew we wanted to run, we struggled. Hence 12 rushing tds, bottom 10 in NFL. 

Part of our problem, we became predictable.

Not sure how you can completely disagree that we were an average run team. 
17th in yards
bottom 6 in TDs 
below average in 10 yard runs
12 in 1st down runs

Yes our ypc was good, but if we were actually able to get 4.8 yards per carry, do you not think we wouldve just ran every play? and scored every drive? 
it doesnt work like that unfortunately. 

When we became 1 dimensional, we were easy to shut down. 

This was not a great running team.
If we were great, what do you call the eagles who had nearly 3 times the TDs as the Raiders lol

Lol the QB account for half the Eagles rushing tds. We were easy to shut down because the former guy couldn't complete passes again 17th in yards is because we had less attempts. If we had 500 attempts we be 3rd in yards. 4.8 is 4.8 alot better than the 3.6 we were used to, and yeah its obvious you not going run every play and get first downs or score on every drive yeah thats not how football works even teams that average 5 yards per carry ain't doing that. If we were getting shut down so much you not averaging 4.8 per carry over the coarse of the season.

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Lol the QB account for half the Eagles rushing tds. We were easy to shut down because the former guy couldn't complete passes again 17th in yards is because we had less attempts. If we had 500 attempts we be 3rd in yards. 4.8 is 4.8 alot better than the 3.6 we were used to, and yeah its obvious you not going run every play and get first downs or score on every drive yeah thats not how football works even teams that average 5 yards per carry ain't doing that. If we were getting shut down so much you not averaging 4.8 per carry over the coarse of the season.

Yes because team rushing attack, accounts for all players, the QB plays a big role in a teams run game these days. I dont see Jimmy improving us here though unfortunately. 
I said Jacobs was amazing, had an amazing year, but our team as a whole was average at running. Which you completely disagree with

All good, dont need to debate someone who claimed we didnt have many leads to prove his point, when we mustve been close to blowing the most 2 score leads in the nfl. 
clearly your mind is made. We are a great rushing team. Cheers. 

23 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yes because team rushing attack, accounts for all players, the QB plays a big role in a teams run game these days. I dont see Jimmy improving us here though unfortunately. 
I said Jacobs was amazing, had an amazing year, but our team as a whole was average at running. Which you completely disagree with

All good, dont need to debate someone who claimed we didnt have many leads to prove his point, when we mustve been close to blowing the most 2 score leads in the nfl. 
clearly your mind is made. We are a great rushing team. Cheers. 

You one of those can't disagree with you without you getting huffy and puffy.

I didn't say we didn't have leads but you don't close out games by running the ball in the 3rd qtr and the other team come right out and score.  I'm talking about 4th qtr double digit clock killing close the game out leads like the niners had. You want to keep putting words in my mouth to satisfy your narrative we should have ran the ball more and gave more carries to other backs. Cheers.

Edited by raidr4life

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You one of those can't disagree with you without you getting huffy and puffy.

I didn't say we didn't have leads but you don't close out games by running the ball in the 3rd qtr and the other team come right out and score.  I'm talking about 4th qtr double digit clock killing close the game out leads like the niners had. You want to keep putting words in my mouth to satisfy your narrative we should have ran the ball more and gave more carries to other backs. Cheers.

LOL I just dont really want to get into a big debate about it. Jacobs was all pro, and we were still average in yards, and bottom 10 in touchdowns. With Jacobs being all pro, essentially 0 running game without Jacobs. 

To the bold, yes, you did, and that is why I responded the way I did. 

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

yes you run the ball more when you have leads in games which we barely had.

When you have the lead (esp by mult scores), if you are a great run team you should be going heavy run, to milk the clock. 

When we tried to go heavy run, it didnt work, as teams could shut us down when we became 1 dimensional. 
To me, a GREAT run team, is a team that Ds know want to run the ball, and still cant stop them. 

I think we tried to go heavy runs, and teams where able to stop us. Our Identity on O was literally throw it to Devante or let Jacobs do his thing. 

2 individuals dominating. It was never, lean on our amazing pass game or amazing run game. 
It was lean on our All Pros. 
Just like DA was amazing, but our pass game was average. 
Jacobs was amazing, but our run game was average. 

To the second bold, Its funny you think we had a great run game. . . but then say its my narrative we shouldve ran more?

Also, talking about putting words in someones mouth, I never said we shouldve ran more. 
In fact, I think we got to run heavy at times if anything. Example Rams game second half. 
I also, dont think we shouldve given carries to other backs, cause Jacobs was an all pro, and our other backs where scrubs. 
We went with the hot hand. It was smart, again Jacobs had an all pro season. He was incredible, our other backs sucked. 

If we had capable backups, maybe our run game wouldve been great! who knows. 

18 hours ago, raidr4life said:

The 49ers didn't win crap until Jimmy G became their starter that's a fact.

49ers almost went to the SB without him this past season.  They had Brock Purdy looking like the future.  49ers HC is an offensive guru and coaches his offense to their full potential.  They squeezed all the juice they could out of Jimmy G and realized it was never going to be enough to win a SB.

16 minutes ago, Jerry said:

49ers almost went to the SB without him this past season.  They had Brock Purdy looking like the future.  49ers HC is an offensive guru and coaches his offense to their full potential.  They squeezed all the juice they could out of Jimmy G and realized it was never going to be enough to win a SB.

They were 8-3 with Jimmy G too, good thing they found Purdy. Will Purdy be enough to win a SB either? At this point I'd just like to make the playoffs and see what happens.

20 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Didn’t they go to the sb with kap or was that with a diff coach

17 hours ago, raidr4life said:

The facts of the matter don't lie, in 2022, 2021, 2019 where Garoppolo played the majority of the games they had a winning record. 13-3 twice and 10-7. In 2017, 18, and 20 when Garoppolo went down early 4-12 and 6-10.

You should probably analyze what specifically led to those records. Jimmy did a fine job, but clearly, he wasn't the reason they were so successful. I'm not even defending Carr, but Jimmy's record wouldn't look like this if he were the QB of the Raiders during this time. In fact, his flaws would be exposed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

You should probably analyze what specifically led to those records. Jimmy did a fine job, but clearly, he wasn't the reason they were so successful. I'm not even defending Carr, but Jimmy's record wouldn't look like this if he were the QB of the Raiders during this time. In fact, his flaws would be exposed.

Would he record be good probably not but I still think he'd win games Carr looses. Because of redzone efficiency and willingness too use his legs when crucial 1st downs is needed even though he not that mobile.

16 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

LOL I just dont really want to get into a big debate about it. Jacobs was all pro, and we were still average in yards, and bottom 10 in touchdowns. With Jacobs being all pro, essentially 0 running game without Jacobs. 

To the bold, yes, you did, and that is why I responded the way I did. 

When you have the lead (esp by mult scores), if you are a great run team you should be going heavy run, to milk the clock. 

When we tried to go heavy run, it didnt work, as teams could shut us down when we became 1 dimensional. 
To me, a GREAT run team, is a team that Ds know want to run the ball, and still cant stop them. 

I think we tried to go heavy runs, and teams where able to stop us. Our Identity on O was literally throw it to Devante or let Jacobs do his thing. 

2 individuals dominating. It was never, lean on our amazing pass game or amazing run game. 
It was lean on our All Pros. 
Just like DA was amazing, but our pass game was average. 
Jacobs was amazing, but our run game was average. 

To the second bold, Its funny you think we had a great run game. . . but then say its my narrative we shouldve ran more?

Also, talking about putting words in someones mouth, I never said we shouldve ran more. 
In fact, I think we got to run heavy at times if anything. Example Rams game second half. 
I also, dont think we shouldve given carries to other backs, cause Jacobs was an all pro, and our other backs where scrubs. 
We went with the hot hand. It was smart, again Jacobs had an all pro season. He was incredible, our other backs sucked. 

If we had capable backups, maybe our run game wouldve been great! who knows. 

Bruh take a break it’s the off-season lol naw looking forward more debates coming soon 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, raidr4life said:

2018 they gave up 27.2 PPG and had 1902 yards rushing and 7 rushing TDs.  Their QB play was obviously garbage as well but again, Jimmy G. is just good enough to make that type of difference on a team that has had stellar run games and defenses for the most part over the last 5 years.  Their QBs that year combined for 26 TDs, 20 INTs, and were sacked 48x.  So their pass blocking wasn't the best that year either.  That could probably be attributed to poor QB play as well.  So you can say losing Jimmy G is the reason why they didn't do well in 2018 or you can say that their rushing game suffered, their pass blocking was really bad, and their defense had a major down year.  

2020 they had 1,889 yards rushing.  They also gave up 24.4 PPG.  Below are the passing stats from 2020.

PASSING  GP  CMP  ATT  PCT  ATT/G  YDS  AVG  YDS/G  TD  TD%  INT  INT%  LNG  SCK  SCKY  RATE

Nick Mullens 10  211  326  64.7  32.6  2,437  7.5  243.7  12  3.7  12  3.7  49  19  139  84.1

Jimmy Garoppolo  6  94  140  67.1  23.3  1,096  7.8  182.7  7  5.0  5  3.6  76  11  77   92.4

C.J. Beathard  6  66  104  63.5  17.3  787  7.6  131.2  6  5.8  0  0.0  49  9  71  105.7

Jimmy G. had 7 TDs and 5 INTs in 6 games.  Was he really the reason why they won the games he played in?  Actually, looked it up, Jimmy G. was 3-3 in 2020.

Also, he was 1-2 in 2018.  

So when him and the team were bad, they lost.  Crazy how this kind of shows that the NFL is a team game.  And when you have an amazing roster around you (elite rushing offense and defense), you can win a lot of games with mediocre QB play (27, 20, 16 TDs).

• Like 1