The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Would he record be good probably not but I still think he'd win games Carr looses. Because of redzone efficiency and willingness too use his legs when crucial 1st downs is needed even though he not that mobile.

This is the funniest thing I've read yet.  Willingness to use his legs?  Looked this up for fun, Jimmy G. has 225 yards rushing during his career.  During his one 16 game season he had 62 yards.  1.3 yards per carry that year.  

Jimmy G. doesn't run bro.  Just stop.  

Red zone efficiency I understand, but the running for 1st downs is just pushing it.

37 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bruh take a break it’s the off-season lol naw looking forward more debates coming soon 

haha i know, i know. lol I just want the stupid raiders to be great so dam bad. 
weve been bottom feeders forever that when we do ok, people think we are great. 

I want to build a bully, that can run it down a teams throat to go along with a D that can get sacks and force turnovers. 
Dont need Jimmy to be elite, Jimmy can win games if you have a team around him. 

Hopefully Tyree and Maxx go off, and some other young guys step up!
121 more days!

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

haha i know, i know. lol I just want the stupid raiders to be great so dam bad. 
weve been bottom feeders forever that when we do ok, people think we are great. 

I want to build a bully, that can run it down a teams throat to go along with a D that can get sacks and force turnovers. 
Dont need Jimmy to be elite, Jimmy can win games if you have a team around him. 

Hopefully Tyree and Maxx go off, and some other young guys step up!
121 more days!

Yea after last years let down I’m not expecting too much. Gonna be interesting to see the team post carr.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea after last years let down I’m not expecting too much. Gonna be interesting to see the team post carr.

agreed. which was supposed to be my whole original point lol.
If we can maintain around the same ppg this season and be 10-15 range, I think that is a win. 
I think its beyond reasonable to think Jacobs may regress a bit this year. . . decently rare to go back to back yard leader or all pro. 
He was absolutely on fire last year, and would LOVE to see him do it again, but counting on it would be a mistake imo. 
Our passing O is going to look very different. 

While Id love to move into top 10 scoring O, I dont see it, but would love to be wrong eat crow. I think itd mean Jimmy stays healhty, and plays some of his best football. Would love it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jerry said:

This is the funniest thing I've read yet.  Willingness to use his legs?  Looked this up for fun, Jimmy G. has 225 yards rushing during his career.  During his one 16 game season he had 62 yards.  1.3 yards per carry that year.  

Jimmy G. doesn't run bro.  Just stop.  

Red zone efficiency I understand, but the running for 1st downs is just pushing it.

I just said he wasn't mobile you don't have to be when you need a few yards, but this is Carr in a nutshell 

It's 3rd and 2 a first down can put the game away instead of giving it back to the other team. Carr goes into the huddle with no sense of awareness he goes back to pass and instead of thinking if there is a lane I'm just going to put my head down and get this first. He stands there looking down the field we are all screaming run we can see the lane then he's either sacked or throws incomplete. Keeping drives alive in big moments wins games. A lot of easy 1st downs left on the table.

17 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I just said he wasn't mobile you don't have to be when you need a few yards, but this is Carr in a nutshell 

It's 3rd and 2 a first down can put the game away instead of giving it back to the other team. Carr goes into the huddle with no sense of awareness he goes back to pass and instead of thinking if there is a lane I'm just going to put my head down and get this first. He stands there looking down the field we are all screaming run we can see the lane then he's either sacked or throws incomplete. Keeping drives alive in big moments wins games. A lot of easy 1st downs left on the table.

Jimmy Garoppolo misses Super Bowl hero moment on Emmanuel Sanders overthrow - NBC Sports RSN

If we're going to use nutshell moments then I'll just go with the above link.

It's like he had the chance to win the SB, but he didn't.  That sums up Jimmy G. in a nutshell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

agreed. which was supposed to be my whole original point lol.
If we can maintain around the same ppg this season and be 10-15 range, I think that is a win. 
I think its beyond reasonable to think Jacobs may regress a bit this year. . . decently rare to go back to back yard leader or all pro. 
He was absolutely on fire last year, and would LOVE to see him do it again, but counting on it would be a mistake imo. 
Our passing O is going to look very different. 

While Id love to move into top 10 scoring O, I dont see it, but would love to be wrong eat crow. I think itd mean Jimmy stays healhty, and plays some of his best football. Would love it. 

I have no faith in the oline

we didn’t really address the lb and cb situation 

I have no faith in jimmy g I actually hope garbers gets a shot in preseason 

da has to get him usual #’s

dline imo is the only group that got updated

so yea I’m just along for the ride, beer n bbq

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I have no faith in the oline

we didn’t really address the lb and cb situation 

I have no faith in jimmy g I actually hope garbers gets a shot in preseason 

da has to get him usual #’s

dline imo is the only group that got updated

so yea I’m just along for the ride, beer n bbq

Both me and my son agreed we weren't going to try to go to any games this year.  More likely to be dissapointed this year than in years past.  We really don't know what our team is going to look like this season.  Based upon our track record with roster turnover and no real talent/depth across the roster, it's probably going to be an ugly season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Jimmy Garoppolo misses Super Bowl hero moment on Emmanuel Sanders overthrow - NBC Sports RSN

If we're going to use nutshell moments then I'll just go with the above link.

It's like he had the chance to win the SB, but he didn't.  That sums up Jimmy G. in a nutshell.

Lol not even the same but whatever. Maybe Carr would have gotten there if he didn't routinely miss opportunities to extend drives and end games.

30 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Lol not even the same but whatever. Maybe Carr would have gotten there if he didn't routinely miss opportunities to extend drives and end games.

Or maybe he would've gotten there if he had a top 3 rushing attack and top 5 defense during the same season.  Maybe he would've gotten there if he had the same team as Jimmy G.

But he didn't.  Not even the same.

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Or maybe he would've gotten there if he had a top 3 rushing attack and top 5 defense during the same season.  Maybe he would've gotten there if he had the same team as Jimmy G.

But he didn't.  Not even the same.

I guess we'll see in N.O. now won't we.

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I guess we'll see in N.O. now won't we.

No.  Because NO in 2023 isn't the 49ers during the year Jimmy G was carried to the SB.  You can't compare apples to oranges like you keep trying to do.  That's the point I've been trying to make.  If NO has the top rushing attack in the NFL and a top 5 defense and Carr doesn't get to the SB then we can argue that they had similar teams around them and Carr did worse than Jimmy G. did.

Either way, we're all about watch Jimmy G. be declared a game manager and not a QB that elevates the team around him.  He's going to keep us mid just like Carr did.  We aren't good enough to beat the Chiefs and we won't be until we get our QB and defense that can go toe to toe with Mahomes.

Another poster said something along the lines of Buffalo fans just knowing they were second best to the Patriots as long as Tom Brady was in their division.  Right now, we're going through the same.  Until we find our Josh Allen and get our defense together, we're going to be second fiddle (if not third or fourth) to the Chiefs as long as they have Andy Reid and Mahomes.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 12:39 PM, Jerry said:

No.  Because NO in 2023 isn't the 49ers during the year Jimmy G was carried to the SB.  You can't compare apples to oranges like you keep trying to do.  That's the point I've been trying to make.  If NO has the top rushing attack in the NFL and a top 5 defense and Carr doesn't get to the SB then we can argue that they had similar teams around them and Carr did worse than Jimmy G. did.

Either way, we're all about watch Jimmy G. be declared a game manager and not a QB that elevates the team around him.  He's going to keep us mid just like Carr did.  We aren't good enough to beat the Chiefs and we won't be until we get our QB and defense that can go toe to toe with Mahomes.

Another poster said something along the lines of Buffalo fans just knowing they were second best to the Patriots as long as Tom Brady was in their division.  Right now, we're going through the same.  Until we find our Josh Allen and get our defense together, we're going to be second fiddle (if not third or fourth) to the Chiefs as long as they have Andy Reid and Mahomes.

Take a look and be honest how many of the plays Carr just takes a sack?

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Take a look and be honest how many of the plays Carr just takes a sack?

I'm not even talking about Carr. I only said we can't compare the two because they're on different teams at different times. I literally just said he kept us mid and so will Jimmy G. 

Saying Carr is bad doesn't make Garoppolo good. He's just a different version of average which still isn't good enough.  

Seriously, move on from Carr. Focus on Jimmy G. and be honest with yourself.  Jimmy G. isn't taking us to the SB. We'll be lucky if he even gets us to a winning season.