The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Now, I’ll preface this by saying I love Amik and was probably the most vocal supporter for him that he made it through cuts, but it’s such a small sample size this year and wasn’t he at fault for the long nearly TD against the Packers? Seems like he should have carried the receiver but broke off. May have been the safety though, can’t quite remember?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Always fun to root for Amik. Undersized but he’s an actual dawg. Hope he continues to make the most of his opportunity.

I've always thought if Amik was 6', he'd be a premier corner. He's always in good position, just looses at the highpoint often. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I've always thought if Amik was 6', he'd be a premier corner. He's always in good position, just looses at the highpoint often. 

Exactly that. I would be interested if he got a proper run of games and they tried to game plan around that deficiency, if he’d ultimately outweigh the times he gets beat with enough plays on the ball to be a plus player

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He’s starting to play well, consistent and his tackling seems to have improved too. We’ve actually got some young players with potential back at DB. Now we need to help them out up front with pressure from the DLine.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Crosby or Mack? Have to pick one.

Crosby doesn’t have the DPOY but I can argue he has been better than Macks time with us. 

Too close to say. I lean towards Mack but Crosby has taken his game to a whole different level this season. He doesn't get the love that Bosa/Watt/Parsons gets, but he is right up there with them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Crosby or Mack? Have to pick one.

Crosby doesn’t have the DPOY but I can argue he has been better than Macks time with us. 

Peak Mack simply because he created turnovers. Maxx hasn't gotten the ball out much and still hasn't had a defensive TD. 

• Like 1

Maxx first 4 years 37.5 sacks. 7 forced fumbles 

Mack first 4 years 40.5 sacks. 9 forced fumbles

Extremely close with how they started their careers. Idk would still pick Maxx. The way he voices his love for this team and his vocal leadership and his attitude how he plays is what separates the two for me. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Maxx first 4 years 37.5 sacks. 7 forced fumbles 

Mack first 4 years 40.5 sacks. 9 forced fumbles

Extremely close with how they started their careers. Idk would still pick Maxx. The way he voices his love for this team and his vocal leadership and his attitude how he plays is what separates the two for me. 

Yeah, it’s easy to forget with how elite he eventually became, but Mack had a similar reputation to Crosby initially in that he was a huge presence on the defense but just couldn’t finish. Lots of pressure, a limited number of sacks.

It’s a tough call. Let’s see what Crosby’s career looks like in a few years time. And as long as we don’t pull a Gruden and trade our elite defensive superstar I’ll be happy.

• Like 1

Tyler Hall the last two weeks has been really good. Hard to imagine Hobbs getting his job back when he comes back tbh. 

Tre’von Moehrig has also had a nice two weeks. Was starting to get worried about him tbh. Maybe finally putting things together. Would be a huge boost if he can keep this up

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1